Mount /system RW fix(?)

Guest Nebril

Guest xpozitron

I have the "R/W protected" phone on 5.1.1 so I can probably dump any partition in twrp for this comparison.
I might have time to try oem unlock during weekend.

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, xpozitron said:

I have the "R/W protected" phone on 5.1.1 so I can probably dump any partition in twrp for this comparison.
I might have time to try oem unlock during weekend.

You'll still need a dump from a non-rw protected device for comparison, too. I've never had either version of this device so I can't help with that.

Any rooted environment will work for dumping those partitions. You can do this in Android or in TWRP.

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/partition of=/sdcard/partition.img

'ztecfg' and 'devinfo' partitions are the first ones to check.

Guest xpozitron

As I promised, here are the dumps from the protected 5.1.1 phone.

Hopefully someone will dump some from the unlocked phone.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6tWr2oUiNJRZlVFQlVpN0JaUWc&usp=sharing

As for parameters:

# cat /proc/cmdline                                          
boot_cpus=0 androidboot.earlyboot_cpus=2,4,6 sched_enable_hmp=1 console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.console=ttyHSL0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=30 msm_rtb.filter=0x3F ehci-hcd.park=3 androidboot.bootdevice=7824900.sdhci lpm_levels.sleep_disabled=1 vmalloc=400M androidboot.emmc=true androidboot.serialno=*** androidboot.baseband=msm mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_nt35596_lead_otp_1080p_video:1:none androidboot.mode=normal loglevel=4 serial_status=0 kpdpwr_warm_reset=0

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lapist

Just to add some info here....I upgraded to Marshmallow with root and system partition seems to be unlocked now - I can write to it and the changes persist after reboot.

Guest kunft
18 hours ago, lapist said:

Just to add some info here....I upgraded to Marshmallow with root and system partition seems to be unlocked now - I can write to it and the changes persist after reboot.

i can confirm this too :) cool mm surprise