Jump to content

[DEV][ROM][28.10.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air


Guest KonstaT
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, seafood169 said:

After flashing the CM12 rom , everything worked fine.  But the deep sleep issue still occured.   It cannot wake up after going to deep sleep. I need to hold the power buttom for a while to restart the machime.  Is it the bios bug ? 

I can confirm no any deep sleep issue on my iwork8 ultimate even in stock or cm12.1 rom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, god123456 said:

Found another app cannot be install  which is no problem on the stock rom

The down link http://majiang.qq.com/d/

Already patch houdini because i report the "microsoft rdp" issue b4

And here is the logcat

2016-07-31-21-31-30.txt

Looks like an issue with asec similar to moving apps to sdcard. Maybe that apps wants to install itself to external storage by default. I'll test it later when I get to my device.

Edit. Tested. Yes, it installs itself straight to external sdcard. No problem on my device with that issue fixed. Will be fixed if/when there's another build.

2 hours ago, god123456 said:

I can confirm no any deep sleep issue on my iwork8 ultimate even in stock or cm12.1 rom

We were talking about iWork8 Air.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29.07.2016 at 9:32 PM, KonstaT said:

Yeah, I can reproduce that. Will be fixed if/when there's another build.

Hello!
I took your advice for transfer app to the SD card.
I corrected fstab in boot.img
App are transferred, but remain in the internal storage.
Here is my boot.img
For example, installation of Asphalt 8. Same with other applications.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, G.R.Userman said:

Hello!
I took your advice for transfer app to the SD card.
I corrected fstab in boot.img
App are transferred, but remain in the internal storage.
Here is my boot.img
For example, installation of Asphalt 8. Same with other applications.

Moving app to sdcard only moves the app itself (/data/app/appname). It doesn't move the app's data (/data/data/appname) and dalvik/art cache which are usually a lot more than the apk file itself.

Working as expected on my device.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Moving app to sdcard only moves the app itself (/data/app/appname). It doesn't move the app's data (/data/data/appname) and dalvik/art cache which are usually a lot more than the apk file itself.

Working as expected on my device.

And nothing can be done to move data and cache? Maybe there is a software that does this? Advise please.

Maybe you can swap SD and internal storage?

Edited by G.R.Userman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016/7/31 at 10:34 PM, KonstaT said:

Looks like an issue with asec similar to moving apps to sdcard. Maybe that apps wants to install itself to external storage by default. I'll test it later when I get to my device.

Edit. Tested. Yes, it installs itself straight to external sdcard. No problem on my device with that issue fixed. Will be fixed if/when there's another build

 

I add "noemulatedsd" to ramdisk fstab in boot.img,  it can't install the app too,

Same error in logcat, am i missing somethings? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, G.R.Userman said:

And nothing can be done to move data and cache? Maybe there is a software that does this? Advise please.

Maybe you can swap SD and internal storage?

There's plenty of third party solutions like Link2SD and FolderMount, etc. I can't exactly recommend using any of those as there's always repercussions when moving essential app data to slower storage.

I'm not going to switch internal storage and external sdcard. Everything is configured like it should be in Android.

16 minutes ago, god123456 said:

I add "noemulatedsd" to ramdisk fstab in boot.img,  it can't install the app too,

Same error in logcat, am i missing somethings? 

Yes, it works. I even tested it myself.

Since you have iWork8 Air (right?), you can use boot.img from G.R.Userman's post above. Stick it inside I1-TF patch with your favorite zip tool (drag&drop) and flash it in TWRP. Edit. No, you had iWork8 Ultimate. Don't do that. ;)

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

There's plenty of third party solutions like Link2SD and FolderMount, etc. I can't exactly recommend using any of those as there's always repercussions when moving essential app data to slower storage.

I'm not going to switch internal storage and external sdcard. Everything is configured like it should be in Android.

Yes, it works. I even tested it.

Since you have iWork8 Air (right?), you can use boot.img from G.R.Userman's post above. Stick it inside I1-TF patch with your favorite zip tool (drag&drop) and flash it in TWRP.

No,my one is i1-T

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, god123456 said:

Am i need add a sd card for it?

Because i didn't install sd card

Maybe, I'm not sure. It installed directly to external sdcard when I tried it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Maybe, I'm not sure. It installed directly to external sdcard when I tried it.

Just add a 4GB sd card , working!  Installed!  Thx! 

26 minutes ago, G.R.Userman said:

You can unpack your boot.img and edit the file fstab. Then pack boot.img back. I use AndImgTuol. Very handy tool.

I already apply "noemulatedsd" into ramdisk as i said b4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2016 at 9:37 PM, god123456 said:

I can confirm no any deep sleep issue on my iwork8 ultimate even in stock or cm12.1 rom

Regarding to the deep sleep issue, it should be the BIOS issue.  I've tried CM12 , Remix, even Win10,  the deep sleep issue still exists.   

I wonder if i can use the Bios for Ultimate version on my Air version, but someone said it will make the machine to be "brick".

Pls. comment.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2016 at 5:21 PM, G.R.Userman said:

This original software.

http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=414

But I work with firmware from I1-TD.
See screenshots. Icons slightly blurred. You mean it?

screenshot.zip

Hi G.R.Userman,  would you pls. kindly advise the machine you used was l1-TD or l1-TF ?

I'm thinkg to flash another version Bios to fix the deep sleep issue on l1-TF(iwork8 Air).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, seafood169 said:

Regarding to the deep sleep issue, it should be the BIOS issue.  I've tried CM12 , Remix, even Win10,  the deep sleep issue still exists.   

I wonder if i can use the Bios for Ultimate version on my Air version, but someone said it will make the machine to be "brick".

Pls. comment.

different LCD panel,sure brick

and i think u can't proceed the bios update utility,because it will matching the right bios

Edited by god123456
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, god123456 said:

different LCD panel,sure brick

and i think u can't proceed the bios update utility,because it will matching the right bios

yes, that's what I worried.   I've already flashed the right Bios for the machine, but the deep sleep issue has not be solved !

I'm curious why Ultimate version didn't has this deep sleep issue with almost the same spec (despite the LCD panel).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, seafood169 said:

Hi G.R.Userman,  would you pls. kindly advise the machine you used was l1-TD or l1-TF ?

I use l1-TF. You can take boot.img of my post. ONLY l1-TF.

6 hours ago, seafood169 said:

I'm thinkg to flash another version Bios to fix the deep sleep issue on l1-TF(iwork8 Air).

You flash a new BIOS version? You can please give the new version of the BIOS l1-TF.

Edited by G.R.Userman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, G.R.Userman said:

I use l1-TF. You can take boot.img of my post. ONLY l1-TF.

You flash a new BIOS version? You can please give the new version of the BIOS l1-TF.

I only flashed the bios on Cube official forum dated 29-6-2016.  But it can't help the deep sleep problem.   So if your machine doesn't have this problem, is it possible to give me your bios to try ?

Thanks !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, seafood169 said:

oh.... then we can only wait for the update BIOS by Cube ....

I think I found a solution to the problem. It is necessary to flash TWRP I1-TD. Yes, yes, I was not mistaken. Flash TWRP l1-TD on Cube iWork8 Air. I have no problem when exiting the tablet from sleep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, G.R.Userman said:

I think I found a solution to the problem. It is necessary to flash TWRP I1-TD. Yes, yes, I was not mistaken. Flash TWRP l1-TD on Cube iWork8 Air. I have no problem when exiting the tablet from sleep.

NO! Please don't advise people to install stuff that is not meant for their devices. Having whatever TWRP can't even theoretically cause/fix any issue like this (only difference between those TWRP images is the kernel, which is extracted from the right stock firmware in each version). And how could it as the problem was already there on a completely stock device before even installing any custom recovery or ROM?

This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM. Let's try to keep the discussion on that.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM. Let's try to keep the discussion on that.

OK. I wrote in TWRP theme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, G.R.Userman said:

OK. I wrote in TWRP theme.

Doesn't belong there either.

seafood169 likely has a faulty unit as it's been like that out-of-the-box. You think you have some issue that you don't really have (because your 'fix' doesn't fix anything). At least it's not the same issue that seafood169 has described. Maybe there's just some things getting lost in the translation...

Power button is flaky on my iWork8 Ultimate, too. Sometimes you need to really press it to get it to register. Sometimes it's registered as double press (screen goes off and lights right back up again). It's been like that from the beginning and it happens both in stock Android/Windows. Installing any custom recovery or ROM hasn't changed that either.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

I have iwork8 air I1-TF, installed KonstaT mod. Everything works fine, many thanks for your work!

There is small problem. The tablet battery runs out very quickly. Airplane mode 100% charge, 6hours idling at 60% charge level. This is normal?

Experience battery operating time (facebook, web browsing etc,,)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.