[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest danielzy
4 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

I did that with my Hi12, you need to flash stock again with modified gpt.bin file to repartition with increased data size. 

Is there a tutorial or something?

Guest GinosCicci

Hi to everyone ..sorry for off topic but i need help...

I've installed cm12 and it works fine but i've a problem with w10 partition..

Using original chuwi keyboard , i have minimize issue touch pad...windows are minimized when i don't want.

How can i solve this?

Thanks for all.

Guest Chuwi Hi12
5 hours ago, GinosCicci said:

Hi to everyone ..sorry for off topic but i need help...

I've installed cm12 and it works fine but i've a problem with w10 partition..

Using original chuwi keyboard , i have minimize issue touch pad...windows are minimized when i don't want.

How can i solve this?

Thanks for all.

It's known issue, somebody made workaround here:

https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/soft-solution-to-disableoverride-touchpad-windows-gestures/

Guest puding22

can i have some help.

I have chuwi vi10 plus and im stuck on chuwi logo. REMIX OS

Sistem crashed for no reason.

I dont care what OS i will have. I just want it to be stable for few aps.

How to instal this. I can only hold vol- and power to enter some mode. there is no recovery on it. Please some tutorial for help

Guest Cashif

Facing similar issue in Hi10plus . Have been using CM12 for the past 2 months but it started freezing intermittently for the past week, today I rebooted the tab and now  it is stuck at boot logo. 

It is not booting to recovery as well. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest Cashif
23 hours ago, Cashif said:

Facing similar issue in Hi10plus . Have been using CM12 for the past 2 months but it started freezing intermittently for the past week, today I rebooted the tab and now  it is stuck at boot logo. 

It is not booting to recovery as well. Any help would be much appreciated.

So, my recovery had gone kaput for no reason. Steps I followed

1 Fastboot to recovery using PC

2. Flashed TWRP/ Wiped cache but still no OS

3. Dirty Flashed OS but again stuck at boot.

4. Formatted Data/System and finally was able to boot to OS

Edited by Cashif

Guest amon79

Please help me... I try installing twrp and ok.... But i i don remember install disable dm verity and blocked at start.. I have a chuwi hi 10 plus

Guest PalmTrees
6 hours ago, amon79 said:

Please help me... I try installing twrp and ok.... But i i don remember install disable dm verity and blocked at start.. I have a chuwi hi 10 plus

Use ADB to boot recovery img from your computer. 

Guest mckennal

Can anyone running this thread's CM12.1 check to see if the Android Netflix app allows downloading shows for offline viewing? The stock ROM on my Hi12 allows playback of shows on Netflix, but not download for offline viewing (the app settings section for offline download is missing as well). The stock ROM has no Widevine DRM support, so hoping that is the cause and flashing to this CM12.1 will allow download for offline viewing.

Thanks

Guest TeutonJon78
On 3/19/2017 at 5:33 PM, mckennal said:

Can anyone running this thread's CM12.1 check to see if the Android Netflix app allows downloading shows for offline viewing? The stock ROM on my Hi12 allows playback of shows on Netflix, but not download for offline viewing (the app settings section for offline download is missing as well). The stock ROM has no Widevine DRM support, so hoping that is the cause and flashing to this CM12.1 will allow download for offline viewing.

Thanks

On my HiBook Pro I'm able to view Netflix but not download.

Guest mckennal
6 hours ago, TeutonJon78 said:

On my HiBook Pro I'm able to view Netflix but not download.

Thanks for letting me know :( I was really hoping this would work as it's a feature I used a lot with my previous tablet while traveling. Does anyone have any ideas about getting offline downloads to work with Netflix on any Chuwi Vi/Hi* + CM12.1? (Hope that Q isn't too off topic.)

Guest Android4Life

OK, I got some weirdness going on with my Chuwi Hi10 Pro. It started with my trying to apply an update in Windows, but towards the end of the download, everything froze. I did force shutoff, ran into some typical Windows boot issues, but the Android side still worked fine. Anyways, long story short, my internal storage has gone bye-bye. I've tried booting with the same Windows 10 Pro image I used on my computers, but only to try to revert back to a previous build, not to install. When using 'diskpart', the only drive that shows is the USB drive and nothing else. Under 'Boot Option Priorities' in the BIOS settings, there isn't anything under that setting. I did hit the 'Windows - Push Button Reset' option, but the last time I did that, I didn't loose my hard disk. I've been using Windows and Android for a long time, but I'm at a loss here. I know the solution is probably here somewhere, and I apologize for being lazy, but if anyone could help with this, it may keep my little Chuwi from becoming nothing more than a paper weight. Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest Chuwi Hi12
22 hours ago, Android4Life said:

OK, I got some weirdness going on with my Chuwi Hi10 Pro. It started with my trying to apply an update in Windows, but towards the end of the download, everything froze. I did force shutoff, ran into some typical Windows boot issues, but the Android side still worked fine. Anyways, long story short, my internal storage has gone bye-bye. I've tried booting with the same Windows 10 Pro image I used on my computers, but only to try to revert back to a previous build, not to install. When using 'diskpart', the only drive that shows is the USB drive and nothing else. Under 'Boot Option Priorities' in the BIOS settings, there isn't anything under that setting. I did hit the 'Windows - Push Button Reset' option, but the last time I did that, I didn't loose my hard disk. I've been using Windows and Android for a long time, but I'm at a loss here. I know the solution is probably here somewhere, and I apologize for being lazy, but if anyone could help with this, it may keep my little Chuwi from becoming nothing more than a paper weight. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try to flash stock Android with Intel phone flash tool to repartition internal storage, if that doesn't work then probably is hardware failure. 

Guest Android4Life
3 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

Try to flash stock Android with Intel phone flash tool to repartition internal storage, if that doesn't work then probably is hardware failure. 

Thanks, but I actually just tried to do just that a little while ago. Unfortunately, though, after going 37% on the computer I receive the error message on the tablet saying 'Failed to locate emmc device path for specified controller: Not found'. The only thing I can of to do now is to try to reinstall the version of Windows 10 made for the tablet using a flash drive, since this whole thing started after a failed Windows update. I have to wait til I get a new flash drive, since the Windows file is much bigger than the usual computer version, but hopefully it'll work. Fingers crossed.

Guest crazycookie

Happened to me, too. Same story: Hi10 pro has no eMMC storage anymore. Chuwi support is not responding. Guess they released a faulty system firmware update, again. They will never learn that. Just another shitty company as Teclast.

Guest crazycookie

Happened to me, too. Same story: Hi10 pro has no eMMC storage anymore. Chuwi support is not responding. Guess they released a faulty system firmware update, again. They will never learn that. Just another shitty company as Teclast.

By the way, Teclast released a BIOS that solved that problem. Let's hope Chuwi will come out with one as well.

Guest crazycookie

Will not help as something removed the internal address to the eMMC storage so the BIOS cannot "see" it. I already asked on another forum if there's a chance to restore this with the help of a UEFI variable. Got no answer, yet.

Guest Android4Life
2 hours ago, crazycookie said:

Will not help as something removed the internal address to the eMMC storage so the BIOS cannot "see" it. I already asked on another forum if there's a chance to restore this with the help of a UEFI variable. Got no answer, yet.

I've read that the BIOS can be reprogrammed using a reprogramming tool, but that requires opening the unit to access the chip. I know the tablet is secured by screws, but I'm not sure what kind of tool is needed to remove them with.

Guest crazycookie
I've read that the BIOS can be reprogrammed using a reprogramming tool, but that requires opening the unit to access the chip. I know the tablet is secured by screws, but I'm not sure what kind of tool is needed to remove them with.

Flashing the BIOS is not the problem, that works as suspected. But that doesn't help.

Guest Android4Life
On 3/24/2017 at 1:36 PM, crazycookie said:

Flashing the BIOS is not the problem, that works as suspected. But that doesn't help.

I had a thought about the corrupt BIOS on my Hi10 Pro, but wanted to get a second, third, and possibly fourth opinion before putting it into action. In the downloads section on 'techtablets.com', there are BIOS downloads for the Vi10 Plus and Hi10 Plus. I believe the BIOS download for the Vi10 Plus is just a standard one and not to meant to fix anything, and the one for the Hi10 Plus is meant to correct the SD Card       issue on that particular tablet, but I think I've read it was also present on some Hi10 Pro models as well. My tablet never suffered from the SD Card issue, that part worked just fine, but my question is that since the Android build in this thread is meant to work with various models of the Chuwi tablet, with a little help from a patch, I was wondering if either of the BIOS downloads would work as a fix for the Hi10 Pro? I know it's a long shot and am probably grasping at straws, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. If I'm wrong, no big deal. I still need to call Microsoft to speak to someone about a fairly lengthy chat session I had with a rep in regards to my, and many other owners of this tablet, current situation in great detail. Hopefully, the person I'll speak to will have some tips that'll get this thing going again. Wish me luck.

Edit: I spoke with a rep for Microsoft, and unfortunately it wasn't much more helpful than the chat session I had with the other rep on Saturday night. He did suggest contacting       someone at Chuwi, which I just did in the form of submitting a ticket containing a lengthy explanation of the situation, along with a picture of the BIOS settings menu and the lack of either OS as an available boot option. Now we just wait and see. And hope, and hope, and hope.

Edited by Android4Life

Guest crazycookie

Nice initiative. However, I gave up on asking Chuwi or Microsoft for support. It was a complete waste of time in the past.

I also tried to disconnect the battery a while, which I read as a hint somewhere. Did not help either.

The only thing I can do right now is to boot Linux residing on an USB stick.

Guest Android4Life

Question for anyone who is in the same boat with their Chuwi Hi10 Pro or other similar Chuwi tablet... Have any of you tried to flash a BIOS from a similar model to correct the emmc issue (Windows and Android not being shown in the 'Boot Override' setting in the BIOS settings). I know there are fixes for models like the Hi10 Plus that correct the SD card thing, but I'm just curious to know if someone has tried to substitute another BIOS in an attempt to fix the corrupted one on their tablet. I know their each made for a specific model, mine shows 'Hi10 Pro' on the first tab where you adjust the date and time, but how different can each one be? I'm very familiar with computers and have poked around the the BIOS settings on my own before, but the only huge differences I've ever noticed were between the last two boards I bought, a PCChips brand and my current Asus board. Anyway, just a thought that I know would more-than-likely not work, but that's why I wanted to get some opinions before trying something that might be a very stupid thing to attempt. Then again, it's pretty much a paperweight at this point, so how much more could I screw it up?;)