[PORT][ROM][13.12.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest Richtj999

I feel like I am in good shape but still very confused on the windows portion of the reinstall.  Thats where the phone flash tool might come in handy.  I am utterly confused on what to do beyond rename a usb stick to winpe, dump all chuwi windows files in & hit F7 during boot.  

Does the Remix & CM13 both only format to 12gb ish of storage?  I dont really get the dual booting setup.  

If I have a nandroid of remix and a nandroid of CM13 - I can just factory wipe & restore between the two backups?  

EDIT:  that keyboard file edit seems to have done the trick.  So without the file the physical keyboard wakes & is able to use the keyboard to enter the pin, with the file it doesnt.

So I would expect poor battery life without the file.  

Edited by Richtj999

Guest KonstaT
17 minutes ago, Richtj999 said:

Does the Remix & CM13 both only format to 12gb ish of storage?  I dont really get the dual booting setup. 

There's more than one Android partition. But yes, only messing with Android partitions here - not touching the Windows in any way.

If I have a nandroid of remix and a nandroid of CM13 - I can just factory wipe & restore between the two backups?  

Yes. Actually no need to even do a factory reset. Restoring backup overwrites all data anyway.

EDIT:  that keyboard file edit seems to have done the trick.  So without the file the physical keyboard wakes & is able to use the keyboard to enter the pin, with the file it doesnt.

Yes. You have to choose which is worse.

Guest tomshreds
1 hour ago, Richtj999 said:

Other than this issue, are you having any issue to report? If you leave the device unplugged somewhere for a couple of hours, does it have any problem waking back up after? I'm just curious, I just ordered one and my past tablet (Cube iWork8 Air) had this problem so I'm a bit paranoid now :P It really looks like a great device, how do you like it so far?

Also just curious, when you're on Remix OS how much free space do you have? I heard the Windows partition takes more than half the space.

1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

There's more than one Android partition. But yes, only messing with Android partitions here - not touching the Windows in any way.

Curious about this, is it possible to remove the windows partition to single boot only Android/CyanogenMod/Remix OS to free up some space?

Guest Richtj999

I really like the hi10 pro.  I use the windows side for PC troubleshooting & the android side for 'media' consumption.  The altering of the KB file mentioned above Allows you to chose between keyboard waking the device or not.  

I have never had an issue with the tablet waking up (only owned it a few weeks though).  I would be more concerned about it eating battery when sleeping (not going to deep sleep mode).  I will play with the KB file to see if it can come out of a deep sleep mode.  

I am going to install CM13 tonight too.  That nandroid makes it really easy to play.  

Thank you for the ROM, KonstaT! It's running smooth. I cannot make Viper4Android work. It's not processing the audio. I am rooted. Any ideas of how to fix this?

Kiitos!

Hello,

Thanks you for your ROM port, maybe can you do a fix for a lower brightness or a night mod

- Lower brightness is too bright

- And no play store app works with remix os 2

Greetings 

David

Edited by Daath

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, mtdb said:

Thank you for the ROM, KonstaT! It's running smooth. I cannot make Viper4Android work. It's not processing the audio. I am rooted. Any ideas of how to fix this?

Kiitos!

I wouldn't know. Ask in Viper4Android thread instead.

3 hours ago, el_Salmon said:

BusyBox link is broken.

Fixed.

1 hour ago, Daath said:

Thanks you for your ROM port, maybe can you do a fix for a lower brightness or a night mod

- Lower brightness is too bright

- And no play store app works with remix os 2

-Could probably change that but it's not worth the effort. Different devices with different display panels can have different limitations as well (don't want to set min brightness too low so panel switches off completely).

-This ROM comes with Play Store pre-installed and it works perfectly fine.

Edited by KonstaT

I purchased my Chuwi Hi10 Pro from Newegg last week and it came with Windows 10 and Android (Stock) 5.1 not Remix. Can anyone recommend the easiest (safe) way to install Remix in the Android partition?

Guest KonstaT
18 minutes ago, ToddG. said:

I purchased my Chuwi Hi10 Pro from Newegg last week and it came with Windows 10 and Android (Stock) 5.1 not Remix. Can anyone recommend the easiest (safe) way to install Remix in the Android partition?

This. Install TWRP. Install Remix OS and Hi10 Pro patch from this thread (installation instructions in the third post of this thread).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest farakes

after a lot of testing i noticed no issues whatsoever!

busybox(pro), superuu, hdmi audio out, everything works perfect, big thanks again!

with this community effort releases from KonstaT i would say the chuwvi vi10 plus is the best bang for the buck device out there.

does anybody have an idea how to get xposed working, or is there no chance for it?

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, farakes said:

after a lot of testing i noticed no issues whatsoever!

busybox(pro), superuu, hdmi audio out, everything works perfect, big thanks again!

with this community effort releases from KonstaT i would say the chuwvi vi10 plus is the best bang for the buck device out there.

does anybody have an idea how to get xposed working, or is there no chance for it?

Standard Xposed doesn't work with stock ROMs (including Remix OS) because of modifications Intel has made to ART (https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/77). There's a custom build available and I've been told it also works with Cherry Trail stock ROMs (haven't tried myself). http://amiduos.com/support/knowledge-base/article/xposed-framework-support-in-amiduos

Xposed Framework (x86) is reported to work with my CyanogenMod builds (as Xposed is also built against CyanogenMod).

Yeah, Vi10 Plus went from worthless POS to the best tablet bargain ever thanks to my fix for the 'freezing issue'. I've contacted both Jide and Chuwi on this matter. Jide said their engineers will have a look at my patch. Chuwi hasn't even replied. I wonder if they're ever going to release updated firmware with these issues fixed...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yeah, Vi10 Plus went from worthless POS to the best tablet bargain ever thanks to my fix for the 'freezing issue'. I've contacted both Jide and Chuwi on this matter. Jide said their engineers will have a look at my patch. Chuwi hasn't even replied. I wonder if they're ever going to release updated firmware with these issues fixed...

I bought it because of your modifications. That's money in their pocket. They should compensate you for helping - potentially - thousand of device owners. Noticed the freezes with the stock Remix OS and 20 minutes later I thought "Man, had I paid for this device without no fix available, I would have been screwed". Thank you kindly!  

And Igogo has it listed for 105 EUR again. Bargain of the decade! I've never ordered anything from them, but that price tag makes it attractive to consider (if you don't own a Vi10 Plus yet). 

Edited by PalmTrees

Guest KonstaT
37 minutes ago, benda95280 said:

Any update coming ? (just for my information)

What is wrong with the current one? This is a stock (based) ROM so you need to ask Chuwi.

I just updated all the device compatibility patches today to include camera configs. Hi10 Pro should have non-upside down camera now.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
37 minutes ago, benda95280 said:

Any update coming ? (just for my information)

Probably not for Remix OS 2.0. Unless new devices are shipped with an updated version/OTA updates are released. I think Jide will focus on Remix 3.0 (maybe even 4.0) in 2017. Intel has cancelled the entire Cherry Trail platform. You'll likely be able to get Remix 3.0 on some of the newer SoCs by Intel. Let's see what 2017 brings. 

Guest tipo0011

Thank you very much for this work!!!

Is there ntfs and exfat support in this ROM?

And can you briefly explain what is "Houdini"? On google I'm only finding a magician xD

Edited by tipo0011

Guest KonstaT
51 minutes ago, tipo0011 said:

Thank you very much for this work!!!

Is there ntfs and exfat support in this ROM?

And can you briefly explain what is "Houdini"? On google I'm only finding a magician xD

I'm not sure if Remix OS supports NTFS/exFAT by default. I haven't added or removed any support if that's what you're asking.

Very short explanation, Houdini is a compatibility layer that allows executing ARM code on x86 architecture. If you would have added intel or x86 to your search, you would have found more relevant information.

Guest farakes
22 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Standard Xposed doesn't work with stock ROMs (including Remix OS) because of modifications Intel has made to ART (https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/77). There's a custom build available and I've been told it also works with Cherry Trail stock ROMs (haven't tried myself). http://amiduos.com/support/knowledge-base/article/xposed-framework-support-in-amiduos

works perfect!

thanks a lot, again :D

Guest tomshreds

I'm currently running Remix OS on a Hi10 Pro and it's a real treat! I repartitionned it and got rid of windows 10 with GParted, Pretty cool piece of hardware! I had a few issues with SD card reader becoming crazy when restoring back from sleep and I can see vertical lines in the LED displays where its brighter but it's not a big deal. Really impressed for the price!

Only issue I'm currently having is the damn gestures. Sliding one finger vertically up-down minimizes the current window which sucks big times. Any idea how to disable them? I find only solutions for Win10.

Guest benda95280

I've maybe a problem:

When i plug the charger the screen show up, and never shut down.
I've to press the power button :(

Anyone have something lie that ?

Edited by benda95280

I tested 5.1.1-B2016092102 on my Vi10 plus.

I'm facing issue during sleep mode while charger is not connected, i'm not able to wake up  the tablet.

Look like that everything is ok when battery is full, but after around 1 hour in sleep i'm not able to turn on the tablet.
I need to connect charger and wait few time to be able to switch on screen.

Guest KonstaT
9 hours ago, arnop said:

I tested 5.1.1-B2016092102 on my Vi10 plus.

I'm facing issue during sleep mode while charger is not connected, i'm not able to wake up  the tablet.

Look like that everything is ok when battery is full, but after around 1 hour in sleep i'm not able to turn on the tablet.
I need to connect charger and wait few time to be able to switch on screen.

There shouldn't be such issue with this ROM. Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post of this thread.