[PORT][ROM][13.12.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
On 2/23/2017 at 7:19 PM, d-scythe said:

HI there, i have flash and use your CyanogenMod 12.1 rom for my device CHUWI HI12 and i like it. I wanted to try your port of the Remix OS 2.0 rom so i flash it to give it a go. I notice that this port doesnt have Exfat support like what the CyanogenMod 12.1 rom has. Is there any plans to add it into the Remix OS 2.0 rom in the future?

No plans. I highly doubt this will be updated anymore.

There's universal exFAT zip somewhere in XDA that might work.

3 hours ago, Elmdor666 said:

Hi Konsta,

Sorry, I don't know if this is the right thread for my question, but there is a way to replace the Remix OS of my Chuwi Vi 10 (Android only version) with Windows 10?

Thanks!

Certainly the wrong place.

If you're talking about Vi10 Plus (Vi10 is a completely different device), to convert to dual-boot device:
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2116-1-1.html
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2254-1-1.html

Or without flashing dual-boot BIOS:
https://github.com/omgmog/chuwi-vi10-plus/blob/master/windows.md

Guest Elmdor666
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

No plans. I highly doubt this will be updated anymore.

There's universal exFAT zip somewhere in XDA that might work.

Certainly the wrong place.

If you're talking about Vi10 Plus (Vi10 is a completely different device), to convert to dual-boot device:
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2116-1-1.html
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2254-1-1.html

Or without flashing dual-boot BIOS:
https://github.com/omgmog/chuwi-vi10-plus/blob/master/windows.md

Yes, I own a Vi 10 Plus. So If I want only window 10 I have to follow your link " Or without flashing dual-boot BIOS: " correct?

Thanks again!

Guest Elmdor666

And one more question Konsta.

In the past I've followed your guide to solve the freezing problem but I've noticed that both the Remix OS store and the Google Play store don't work anymore.

Concerning the Google Play one, it prompts continuously for the account selection (even if it is already specified in settings). Are you aware of this problem?

Thanks again!

Is there any way to revert to single os bios in chuwi wi 10 plus? I flashed dual os bios to try windows, bu i want rewert back to factory state. Single os remix and flas this port with its fixes?

Guest KonstaT
On 2/27/2017 at 6:02 PM, Elmdor666 said:

And one more question Konsta.

In the past I've followed your guide to solve the freezing problem but I've noticed that both the Remix OS store and the Google Play store don't work anymore.

Concerning the Google Play one, it prompts continuously for the account selection (even if it is already specified in settings). Are you aware of this problem?

Thanks again!

Never heard of such issue. It's not even technically possible that the 'freeze fix' could cause something like that so most likely something other issue unrelated to that.

1 hour ago, Sleep* said:

Is there any way to revert to single os bios in chuwi wi 10 plus? I flashed dual os bios to try windows, bu i want rewert back to factory state. Single os remix and flas this port with its fixes?

Not that I'm aware. Chuwi never released single-boot BIOS for Vi10 Plus. You could probably dump it from a device, though.

3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Not that I'm aware. Chuwi never released single-boot BIOS for Vi10 Plus. You could probably dump it from a device, though.

Damn.... I flashed dualboot bios, so i can't dump it now. Its anoying when tablet ask you which os do you want to boot an there is only one installed.

Guest master4life

I ordered yesterday the Chuwi HI10 Plus on Amazon, but unfortunetly, it hasn't arrived yet and also will not contain remixos as android system.

So i am planning to change it manually as soon as it arrives. Does this version are compatible with it? It has the Intel CPU Z8350. Not the older Z8300.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest risoterapia
On 13/12/2016 at 8:17 PM, KonstaT said:

Already included in the build that is in OP. No need to flash that anymore.

1. Has it ever worked as 'start' button? AFAIK it's supposed to be home button. Or doesn't it work at all?
2. Yes, this is because of the keyboard wake fix.
3. Also likely because of the keyboard wake fix.
You can rename/remove /system/usr/idc/LIZHICHIP_USB_Keyboard.idc for testing purposes (2&3).

No, not through TWRP. You can fastboot flash the original stock Remix OS system/boot images.

Good morning, Konstat
I have tried this option. My keyboard in the original Remix worked correctly, did not drain the battery but once I close it on the tablet wake up after a while opening windows.
I have renamed the LIZHICHIP_USB_Keyboard.idc and SINO_WEALTH_USB_KEYBOARD.idc files to .old but it does not fix it. That way the tablet wakes up with the keyboard, which is what I want, but when I close it I have the problem again. After a while the windows open again, only when I close the keyboard on the tablet.
Are there any settings that can fix the problem? I have checked that no key is stuck or pressed or touch the tablet in any way. I also disabled the touchpad before closing it. None of these things work.
Maybe modifying some of the .idc files?
Thank you very much in advance.

Guest envisions

Hi KonstaT,

I was flashing Viper4Android over TWRP to improve the poor sound of my Hi12 loudspeakers.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, Viper4Android has no effect to my speakers.

Maybe you have an idea why it is not working?

Guest PalmTrees
2 hours ago, envisions said:

Hi KonstaT,

I was flashing Viper4Android over TWRP to improve the poor sound of my Hi12 loudspeakers.

Did you root your tablet?

Guest envisions

I really love this Remix what KonstaT has done!

Only the poor sound of my Chuwi Hi12, especially on lower volume, is annoying me.

Is there any known possibility to enhance the sound quality, like AudioFX, Viper4Android or Dolby Atmos...?

Edited by envisions

Guest crazycookie

Probably only by replacing the speakers. I also have the Hi10 Pro. Same thing. Am thinking of ordering 2 speaker of the LG V10 and build those into the tablet. They sound really good.

Guest PalmTrees
19 hours ago, envisions said:

I really love this Remix what KonstaT has done!

Only the poor sound of my Chuwi Hi12, especially on lower volume, is annoying me.

Is there any known possibility to enhance the sound quality, like AudioFX, Viper4Android or Dolby Atmos...?

Flash CM 12.1 and you have AudioFX. Easy. 

Guest envisions
On 13.3.2017 at 7:27 PM, envisions said:

Hi KonstaT,

UPDATE:

It is working now with Viper4Android but the sound effect is not starting before I plug a headset in for a second, and out again after!

Maybe someone knows the reason for that...

Guest snoopyke21

Hi,

I recently bought a Chuwi VI10 plus remix OS 2.0. I have spend a few hours reading fora about it, and tried a few things, but I have to admit defeat, I don't understand most of it. So I have a few (stupid, I know) questions. Being remix OS, is it possible to put windows 10 on it? I saw the installation guide on chuwi, but cannot even manage step 1, copy bios info, I cannot find it on my chuwi. Is it correct that I just have to install windows on it? Android (or rather remix) will stay installed? Will I have the option on startup between windows and android then? Do I need a licence for win 10?

If anyone would take some time to answer my questions, I would be eternally grateful.... Thanks heaps anyway!

Guest PalmTrees
10 minutes ago, snoopyke21 said:

Hi,

I recently bought a Chuwi VI10 plus remix OS 2.0. I have spend a few hours reading fora about it, and tried a few things, but I have to admit defeat, I don't understand most of it. So I have a few (stupid, I know) questions. Being remix OS, is it possible to put windows 10 on it? I saw the installation guide on chuwi, but cannot even manage step 1, copy bios info, I cannot find it on my chuwi. Is it correct that I just have to install windows on it? Android (or rather remix) will stay installed? Will I have the option on startup between windows and android then? Do I need a licence for win 10?

If anyone would take some time to answer my questions, I would be eternally grateful.... Thanks heaps anyway!

Beyond me why you didn't purchase the Hi10 Plus with dual boot (Android 5.1 + Windows 10). 

Why not flash Remix OS 2.0 and simply get the Microsoft Office for Android? There's an option to get desktop-like interface on Remix OS under Developer Settings. 

Guest snoopyke21
46 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Beyond me why you didn't purchase the Hi10 Plus with dual boot (Android 5.1 + Windows 10). 

Why not flash Remix OS 2.0 and simply get the Microsoft Office for Android? There's an option to get desktop-like interface on Remix OS under Developer Settings. 

I already discovered that the dual boot would have been a better option. I'll try your suggestion about the interface, haven't discovered that yet. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Krymen

Hello,

First I must say thank you for your work porting Remix OS to the chuwi hi12

I Have installed this rom on mi chuwi hi12 Z8350 with the second patch for the hi12 and is very much stable than the original that comes with the tablet

The only issue that still persist is the poor  touchscreen sensitivity, (on windows 10 works good),

Any ideas  for fixing the touchscreen problem???

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards from Spain

Guest envisions
On 2.4.2017 at 11:29 PM, Krymen said:

Hello,

First I must say thank you for your work porting Remix OS to the chuwi hi12

I Have installed this rom on mi chuwi hi12 Z8350 with the second patch for the hi12 and is very much stable than the original that comes with the tablet

The only issue that still persist is the poor  touchscreen sensitivity, (on windows 10 works good),

Any ideas  for fixing the touchscreen problem???

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards from Spain

Go on "Settings" / "Language & Input" / "Pointer Speed" and set this to the Maximum.

It's a tip from an other Forum, maybe it helps for you.

Doesn't work!

Edited by envisions

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richtj999

Kon - any known issues with updating to the latest supersu causing an issue?   I updated it in twrp & the Chuwi wouldnt boot into remix again.  

I was sticking with remix as i found the battery life was better than CM13.  

Guest KonstaT
22 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

Kon - any known issues with updating to the latest supersu causing an issue?   I updated it in twrp & the Chuwi wouldnt boot into remix again.  

I was sticking with remix as i found the battery life was better than CM13.  

No idea. I don't use Remix OS and I don't use SuperSU. I don't see why there would be any problem, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pawwaap

Hi, thank you very much for the ROM! It is my first RemixOS and feel something is missing. How to create WIDGETS?? I need TitaniumBackup widgets to quickly batch freeze or unfreeze sets of applications. And maybe in RemixOS launcher is there any other way to have it