Android Marshmallow coming to Ultra 6

Guest Yepi69

Guest VenâncioFerreira
On 12/01/2017 at 7:27 PM, Yepi69 said:

Kinda wish they would release Android Nougat instead but hey, it's a victory.

Nougat is impossible for the same reason Nexus 5 did not receive it also.

Minimum requirements are OpenGL ES 3.1 or Vulkan. Snapdragon 615 comes with support for OpenGL ES 3.0 and no support for Vulkan. So officially, its impossible for us to see Nougat in our phone.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, VenâncioFerreira said:

Nougat is impossible for the same reason Nexus 5 did not receive it also.

Minimum requirements are OpenGL ES 3.1 or Vulkan. Snapdragon 615 comes with support for OpenGL ES 3.0 and no support for Vulkan. So officially, its impossible for us to see Nougat in our phone.

Not a single thing in that post is true.

There's plenty of msm8916/msm8939 devices receiving official Nougat (including Snapdragon 410 Android One device that received Nougat update directly from Google on the very first day Nougat was out). Even much lower end Snapdragon 210 devices (msm8909, 32-bit 4 x Cortex-A7, Adreno 304) have Qualcomm Nougat BSP (board support package) available.
https://wiki.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/release

OpenGL ES 3.1 or Vulkan is not a requirement. Neither is hardware backed encryption that was also speculated before Android CDD (compatibility definition document) was released. Qualcomm just most likely decided not to release Nougat BSP for B-family (msm8974/msm8226/msm8610) purely from business perspective. msm8974 is still even today a beast and it easily outperforms anything that Qualcomm currently offers in their midrange.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest thanasiskoug
1 hour ago, M1hai1 said:

Did some of those who didn't get the update yesterday get it today? I didn't, my phone keeps teeling me my software is up to date

I didn't receive the update yet. I am in Vodafone Greece! Other people from Greece received the update 2 days ago!!! What happens???

Guest lunario
I didn't receive the update yet. I am in Vodafone Greece! Other people from Greece received the update 2 days ago!!! What happens???

The update comes through imei so some ppl Will get it first

On 9/2/2017 at 11:39 AM, gpol said:

Ελλάδα, ενημέρωση σωστή τεχνογνωσία

Screenshot_2017-02-09-11-36-40.png

Screenshot_2017-02-09-11-37-01.png

Το εχεις ρουταρει το τηλεφωνο σου?Γιατι σε εμενα δεν εχει ερθει καμια ενημερωση αλλα το εχω root.. ( Your device is rooted? Because on my device there is not any update yet,but my device is root

Guest BlueMoonRising
17 hours ago, M1hai1 said:

Did some of those who didn't get the update yesterday get it today? I didn't, my phone keeps teeling me my software is up to date

I'm in the UK but using the Turkish ROM for the Dolby app but haven't got an update yet, I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Guest marsx1984
2 hours ago, lunario said:

It comes by imei and through phases nothing yet on my PT one

Please stop spreading this rumour. It's based on nothing. I have used Android for a long time and never have I heard of an operating system update beeing distributed by IMEI. If you have any real proof(vodafone/zte representatives quotes) feel free to post it here.

For now, nobody knows how the update is distributed.

Please stop spreading this rumour. It's based on nothing. I have used Android for a long time and never have I heard of an operating system update beeing distributed by IMEI. If you have any real proof(vodafone/zte representatives quotes) feel free to post it here.

For now, nobody knows how the update is distributed.

Carrier, serial number or IMEI.

Guest femilovechild

It's actually done using Santa's naughty list. You get it depending on whether you've been naughty or nice. I know why I've not gotten it yet...😀

Guest marsx1984
34 minutes ago, femilovechild said:

It's actually done using Santa's naughty list. You get it depending on whether you've been naughty or nice. I know why I've not gotten it yet...

This I can believe in.

Guest thanasiskoug
17 minutes ago, utkx said:

I have never seen such an update, never seen such a release method. From every country, some people say that they received an update and some not. It's from Turkey.

wp-1486716391760.jpg

Actually this is very strange my friend!!! Two days ago some people from Greece received the update, but I am still waiting.... I hope to have a good update, at least without problems!!! Did you notice any serious difference to your phone?

21 hours ago, lunario said:

You cant update with root you mustt install stock rom through stock recovery

Ι flash first the stock recovery and after unzip the uptade list package and now my device looks like as before.and now wiss to get very soon the 6.0.1 

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, thanasiskoug said:

Actually this is very strange my friend!!! Two days ago some people from Greece received the update, but I am still waiting.... I hope to have a good update, at least without problems!!! Did you notice any serious difference to your phone?

This screenshot is not mine, but people who got update say that there is no radical change. It's just like security patch. Also I know that quick charge is activated. We will see...

This screenshot is not mine, but people who got update say that there is no radical change. It's just like security patch. Also I know that quick charge is activated. We will see...

Is it activated?

Is there any proof of it?

35 minutes ago, Yepi69 said:

Is it activated?

Is there any proof of it?

I've heard it but I have no proof yet. In Turkish Forum some people were talking about it. I hope it will be activated.

Edited by Guest

Guest Cryptochrome

Marshmallow available in the UK. Not sure about everyone though. I had to check manually, but I had just connected to the internet so most likely I did not even give the notification a chance to come through.

Screenshot_2017-02-13-07-50-01.png

So, I am at work right now but I'll do a short review. There are meaningful changes such as: new vertical launcher instead of the old horizontal paginated one, new sound control when clicking volume buttons, new icons, settings has been redesigned a little (e.g. separated memory panel), so basically the standard marshmallow experience that you would see on a nexus device, Updated, sound recorder, video player, and file manager, gallery remains the same only icon changed, camera remains the same only icon changed.
After the update I factory resetted my phone and it took some time for that operation to complete (it took 15 minutes).

Now, I am at the somewhat redesigned welcome screen and lags a bit

First dissapointment: you cannot convert the external sd card to internal storage (tough there might be a way to do it from adb shell - i'll test it later)

Overall, there are changes, but the kernel remains the same, and the system has some isolated lag...

Edited by Guest