Android Marshmallow coming to Ultra 6

Guest Yepi69

Guest BlueMoonRising
1 hour ago, lunario said:

Because they put a lot of bloatware but can be uninstalled.

I was already on the Turkish rom and updated OTA and I think it was circa 850MB in size, it also didn't install/reinstall any of the original (or new )bloatware that I'd already removed or disabled which was a pleasant surprise.

Guest tanivula

Got the update here in NZ. Have noticed a dumb bug.  Have been using the SU6 to stream music to an old stereo via a 3.5mm lead.  After the update, the phone doesn't detect that the lead is plugged in.  It does seem to detect headsets (I don't have any just headphones with the 3 segment plug). I have tried a few male-male 3 segment 3.5mm leads with no success. 

Does this happen on the other region firmwares too?  

On 21.02.2017 at 8:39 PM, lunario said:

Still don't know why the turks have always the full rom on zte site first

because there are a lot of people using this phone. In Turkey, there is no option to buy any phone with installment because of government regulation. You can only buy mobile phone with cash. However vodafone gives this phone with $1 additional payment to their telephone bill. I can say that 1/3 of total vodafone users have this phone. Turkcell and Turk Telekom give their phones but not quite good. So ZTE knows the potential customers. Then ZTE started to sell their new products.

On 22/02/2017 at 1:05 AM, tanivula said:

Got the update here in NZ. Have noticed a dumb bug.  Have been using the SU6 to stream music to an old stereo via a 3.5mm lead.  After the update, the phone doesn't detect that the lead is plugged in.  It does seem to detect headsets (I don't have any just headphones with the 3 segment plug). I have tried a few male-male 3 segment 3.5mm leads with no success. 

Does this happen on the other region firmwares too?  

Looks like you're not alone with this problem - https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Headphone-socket-and-tethering-problem-after-Marshmallow-Update/td-p/2549195

Edited by goods

Guest BlueMoonRising
7 hours ago, Yepi69 said:

Am I the only one who can't access the front camera?

There's no option at all.

Certainly there on Open Camera and the built-in camera. What are you using?

Guest Husky666

I've been lurking here a while but I felt I needed to register to pass some comments on the new MM upgrade..............................if you haven't upgraded yet then don't do it.

The main reason I upgraded was the ability to adopt the SD card, unfortunely it doesn't it hasn't been enabled for the SU6 which sort of defeats the purpose of upgrading, I know there is a post earlier to adopt SD by ADB but it doesn't work, it adopts the card but there's no way to migrate the data from internal, and the sd card cannot be seen by windows.

Other main thing that has been lost is the ability to root, I know this is a new update and it could be a while before a method to root is found, but as it stands the MM isn't worth doing, IMHO what you are gaining is far out weighed by what your losing.

I'm now on the look out for a new phone :(

Guest BlueMoonRising
24 minutes ago, Yepi69 said:

The stock camera app, there's no option.

Same goes for messenger and WhatsApp.

Just checked WhatsApp and it's there as well (bottom right), not sure how you're managing that. Maybe restart the phone first off. I'm on the Turkish rom although I'll be surprised if that's the issue.

Edit: I'm just updating WhatsApp (first time since the upgrade) so I'll come back when it's finished to make sure it's not an issue with the updated app.

2nd Edit: Nope, still there.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest lunario
I've been lurking here a while but I felt I needed to register to pass some comments on the new MM upgrade..............................if you haven't upgraded yet then don't do it.

The main reason I upgraded was the ability to adopt the SD card, unfortunely it doesn't it hasn't been enabled for the SU6 which sort of defeats the purpose of upgrading, I know there is a post earlier to adopt SD by ADB but it doesn't work, it adopts the card but there's no way to migrate the data from internal, and the sd card cannot be seen by windows.

Other main thing that has been lost is the ability to root, I know this is a new update and it could be a while before a method to root is found, but as it stands the MM isn't worth doing, IMHO what you are gaining is far out weighed by what your losing.

I'm now on the look out for a new phone :(

When you upgrade it detects new SD card you need to configure it as portable device. Windows detects my SD card

Guest Husky666
4 hours ago, lunario said:

When you upgrade it detects new SD card you need to configure it as portable device. Windows detects my SD card

I was using the link someone made earlier in the thread to enable adoption, I understand about setting up the sd card as portable (which I have done now)

The post I followed

Guest BlueMoonRising
21 hours ago, Yepi69 said:

The stock camera app, there's no option.

Same goes for messenger and WhatsApp.

Stock Camera, Open Camera & WhatsApp :-

Screenshot_20170226-090416.jpg

Screenshot_20170226-090353.jpg

Screenshot_20170226-090514.jpg

Guest jaysnotcool

I have checked ZTE for the Turkish update to Marshmallow but nothing available. Does anyone have a link for this or an alternative download location please.

I'm assuming I can just flash this using the stock English recovery.

The English update is available on ZTE as of now.