VNCViewer : SmartVNC Alpha 0.1 -> 0.2 Updated 02/03/2003

Guest Cent

Guest fraser

We posted at the same time, I was replying to the parent. And yes, we both had the same suggestion... 8)

Out of those who have tried this, what does everyone think of the functionality? I have problems scrolling around the window...is this just me, or is it a common problem. When I scroll, the new parts of the screen that have just become visable don't get retrieved and are all corrupt.

This happens over both GRPS and ActiveSync.

Guest laxity

Ah ok that explains it :)

Yeah I have the same problem with scrolling around the window. The screen doesn't refresh for some reason.

How's things progressing Cent? I can't wait for the next update :(

Guest fraser

Hasn't been any updates or progress in a while unfortunately. Bit of a pain, because I'm dying to show off remote control of my PC down in the pub. 8)

Saying that, I'll need a SSH client app to do this as well; I tunnel all of my VNC traffic through SSH tunnelling to get some encryption. Normally, anything you type on VNC is sent in clear text, except the initial challenge-password, which should be secure.

Guest DBin

Ive got it working . . . there are limitations like the screen not refreshing as soon as you move away from the standard Smart Phone screen size. . . . like if your not connected to the internet ie. no GPRS connection, it will not connect you automaticaly . . . if the pc your trying to connect to (this ones nothing to do with the smartphone software but one to watch out for if your trying it out) is not connected to the internet . . .

Big Question . . . what has happened to the author of this program . . . come on . . . you have a big fan base out here waiting for the next installment of this . . . best thing you could ever do with your smartphone . . . control your office or PC desktop running apps that have no conceptive possibility of running on a SPv?

Please if your the author . . . assume your realy busy like us all but spare sum time to take this app to the next stage . . . PLEASE . . . :oops: Ive rambled . . . never mind all in a good cause :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunny

is there a new version "in progress"... cause this one drives me crazy...

it doesnt work... i've a lan configuration (my ip is 192.168.16.106) i've put it and... nada !!

it's crazy !!

So i'm asking... when a new version will be released ? or become open source ?

Guest damianlewis

I guess Cent is busy these days with his other excellent SPV apps.

As the person who originally ported VNC to ARM, I will spend some time this weekend sorting out some of the issues.

First thing is likely to be the screen updates - would be nice to see the whole screen - plus some speedup.

Don't expect to see anything 'til Monday tho, as I am busy in the ratrace during the week.

Cheers,

Damian

Guest Cent
I guess Cent is busy these days with his other excellent SPV apps.

Yeah life is driving me crazy :lol: ... no worries .... still around. Update is coming.

Cent

Guest mattbrown

ive got it to work over GPRS and via the cradle - only prob is that the screen doesnt refresh but still the program is a step in the right direction

• 1 year later...
Guest wideawake

Hmmm, any progress on this?

I have VNC working on my home network (laptop connected via wireless to Netgear server)

I can use a normal VNC connection either using a "Viewer" or HTTP from a remote PC.

So I know my connections are correct on my LAN side etc.

As many of the above state, when I try to activate SmartVNC it just returns to my programme menu - I have previously activated a GPRS session with IE.