I have the update!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Richie M

Is the update out?

LoL , i noticed that too..it STILL amazes me that people dont check the forum properly b4 posting lol.

:evil: Sorry couldn't resist, it's silly time :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

I recently reset my phone havn't unlocked it again for unsigned apps. Will I still be able to do this after I have updated, or should I do this before. I know the update will retain the unlock, but I just want to check if you can actually unlock from scratch.

Cheers.

Guest NickPike

Out of pure frustration at Orange's lack of customer relations and failure to provide the update at a sensible time of day, I offer the following question......

How many orange engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

Nick P :evil:

I think Eran meant that people who have not decertified their phones before applying the UK update will be unable to do so after applying update due to the certification loophole being patched.

I hope that made sense.

Benzo

Chances are that once this update is out it will be posted on this forum and everyone will try and get it and what they will in effect do without realising it is launch a Denial Of Service attack where everyone goes and tries to download the file. The servers will get flooded, probably crash then none of you will be able to get the file for at the minimum of a few hours so that they have time to fix it.

That is probably worse case scenario. Maybe they're preparing their servers with extra bandwidth right now???

Everyone makes mistakes, it's kmon that made a complete ass of himself.

oh arn't you the masterful one.....

talking dirty....

so I cut and paste a section of the board..

now am a complete ass.... :?:

soz you must be an aurthority on asses....you moan more than 'er indoors when she's having paradise pumped into 'er.... :shock: :wink:

kmon...

(if you like ass's you can kiss mine :twisted: :!: :!: )

Guest Alisk222

I've also just been on the phone to 156, the girl at the other end said it was supposed to be midday today (tell us something we don't know!!), but has been delayed. Although they are still "Hoping" to have it by the end of the day. We shall see....

Guest Funster

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Paul's update may not be the one the rest of us strung out freaks will get.

Paul's update may not close the de-certification hole but the one the rest of us may get, might! A bit conspiracey theorist, but I am going out of my head.

Laters

hehe,

Come on kiddies this thread is turning into a slaggin match. And it started by lots of people assuming the update would be out when they got out of bed.

They said today so dont slag orange off yet, its still today until 23:59.

Im pretty sure they will get it to us today, i would think Paul will get given permission to distribute it....in which case paul give me a shout i have webservers with extremely high bandwidth allocations if you require it.

Until its out, we can do nothing but wait...

When will you guys learn??

ORANGE UPDATES ARE NEVER OUT ON TIME!!!

It's easy... Just learn these 7 words and you will feel less stressed when an update is due. I'm still waiting for the Danish T9 supposed to be out mid-february...

Don't hold your breaths...

By the way.... That'll teach you to download the Danish Update after being warned several times not to... Now you have to get the old version first...

Guest mantrac

U better be taking the piss...this is really nipping me....i'm switching off and coming on @ around 6pm...maybe, just maybe there will be somthing !!!

Perhaps he's not... I just got the same reply from an operator at 156.

It will be available early next week apparently.

She says that they have indeed received a notification that an update is available as of today but she said that this was an internal notice that makes staff aware of it. She said that they should receive a new notice when the update becomes available to the public.

Guest ClintEastman

Perhaps he's not... I just got the same reply from an operator at 156.

It will be available early next week apparently.

She says that they have indeed received a notification that an update is available as of today but she said that this was an internal notice that makes staff aware of it. She said that they should receive a new notice when the update becomes available to the public.

Why are you still ringing 15X info, we worked out that are less in the know than the members of this board months ago...

When they say "next week" it really means "i have know idea what you are going on about, please get of the phone so i can go and have my lunch".

Guest spacemonkey

Oh, my god.... not till next week, but my phone is completely unusable RIGHT NOW.

I mean, if I don't get the update in the next 10 minutes the world will, in fact, come to an end.

But seriously, the lack of update isn't really the biggest issue. We've all been using our phones in their current state for months. The update adds a few nice fixes and gives more standby battery time, but it's not going to radically change the way you use your phone. So lets all just calm down. It's annoying but when we get it, we get it.

Guest ajb3000

If Paul has the final version of the update and Orange are not releasing it to the public for another week I for one will be telling Orange what I think of them and changing to T-Mobile as soon as Tanager is available.

It also means that the standby times that Orange indicated may become more than complete lies. Bah.

Heh, I just want a phone with decent navigation - mind you I had a T39 before, so this is zippy in comparison..

I'm sure Orange do have plenty of bandwidth but theirs also PLENTY of us SPV owners who are almost hungry and desperate to get this update. Some have even skipped sleep and food since 12AM this morning just waiting idly for this update to happen. It's now 3:53PM on my clock and they say the update will come out AFTER the meeting??? That could mean a year from today!

You British people are pretty crap at releasing anything on time aren't you?

(I'm really gonna feel the heat for saying that one!)

LoL.Spike.

*Denial of service, Denial of service, Denial of service* I see it coming....a Denial of Service attack.

Too many users overloads the servers, causing a crash in the Orange web-site....oh well, too bad.