I have the update!

Guest PaulOBrien

Please help, how can I get hold of a rom image to reflash my phone with the original uk rom?

If you know anybody with an SPV without DK update, backup their rom onto a 64MB SD card. This SD Card can then be used to flash your rom

You cannot make a copy of this SD card to your PC though unfortunately so we could not send you a backup

Shaks

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest ClintEastman

That's it on the nose paul!!

And the reason i did't put the DK on, i would imagine that Orange shops will have a complete flash for the phones that go tits up when upgraded...

Guest Paul [MVP]

As far as i'm aware, the O shops have been told to use the update when it's released on their in store phones, yet they cannot install ActiveSync on their in store PCs, DUH!

They have no special SDs or anything yet anyway...

P

Heres a thought, if I walk down to the local Orange shop and take a snapshot of the ROM on their phone...

I have a 128mb card.... What do I need to do? :cry:

That's if they let you

If they do then, just follow the sticky thread by DJHope on backing up in the main forum

S

P.S. you'll lose all data on the SD card so don't forget to back it up

Paul, not wanting to rush you or anything :)

Please keep us updated on that the changes that this update has made to your phone.

Still worried about your earlier statement

You should get it today.

Guest ClintEastman
"]As far as i'm aware, the O shops have been told to use the update when it's released on their in store phones, yet they cannot install ActiveSync on their in store PCs, DUH!

They have no special SDs or anything yet anyway...

P

:) Why doesn’t that surprise me?

When I said that the shops should have a full flash available to limit returns on phones that fail to update (thus cutting support costs), I was talking as if I ran O, but I don’t… Not as far as I know anyway…