I have the update!

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest Paul [MVP]

Remember that this update is effectively updating Orange / HTC's code, not a Microsoft service pack.

As such, don't expect any huge functionality changes.

P

Guest strathclydezero
Jeez, this is now the most viewed topic on the board!!! Even viewed more than the unlock guide!

No it's not, the thread discussing unlocking is almost 3 times as viewed.

:) ok so now u,ve had time to look at the update and play around with it how about giving us the link where we can all download it from please as you promised early in this thread ;)

Guest Richie M

No it's not, the thread discussing unlocking is almost 3 times as viewed.

Doh, i always thought 12893(this thread) was bigger than 12497(unlock thread), must be my maths :roll:

In my experience, large corporates usually have change management systems for good reason...and when you miss the implementation window, you have to reschedule...Question is, if they miss it today when will it appear :-) It wouldn't surprise me if they bypassed the bureaucracy and rushed it out...given that there's obviously some problem in the release process (bugs found, problems with the distribution etc), if they rush it out, they'll probably break something/release the wrong files in the process....

My advice...if Orange don't solve their issues today, let the guys who know what they're doing try the update before you go ahead and download/install it. Luckily, although I don't know what I'm doing, I have a backup so will fiddle as soon as it appears :-)

Ant.

Guest casper508
"]I think it was worth the wait from the point of view your data is now retained... this DIDN'T happen with the DK update.

P

Correct me if i'm wrong. Does this mean you dont need to re-decertify and the uncert apps are still there and working ?

Cheers

Cas

Global Announcement: Guide to unlocking your phone for Application Development

1 Paul [MVP] 12499 Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:21 pm

madukrainian

Global Announcement: Please read before posting...

0 Paul [MVP] 1309 Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:56 pm

Paul [MVP]

Sticky: Backup guide-Recommended if you intend upgrade SPV *UPDATE5*

[ Goto page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6 ] 83 DJHope 4927 Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:46 pm

Monolithix

Sticky: [ Poll ] Who would donate money towards app signing

[ Goto page: 1 ... 9, 10, 11 ] 159 spacemonkey 2938 Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:52 am

yatpeak

Sticky: Danish SPV Update: OFFICIAL Orange statement

[ Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ] 47 Paul [MVP] 4163 Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:56 pm

ClintEastman

I have the update!

[ Goto page: 1 ... 12, 13, 14 ] 203 Paul [MVP] 13087 Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:21 pm

Richie M

Stop it children.....

squabling 'cos your bored waiting...

answered..

kmon :wink:

Guest Richie M
Stop it  children.....

answered..

Soz, i know sarcasim (spell?) is low but i just hate being told i'm wrong when i'm not! :twisted:

Thanks 4 proving my point 8)

Guest ClintEastman
:)  ok so now u,ve had time to look at the update and play around with it how about giving us the link where we can all download it from please as you promised early in this thread ;)

Paul is not going to release it, so stop asking.

PS Are you Jimmy Savile?

Guest strathclydezero
Global Announcement: Guide to unlocking your phone for Application Development

1 Paul [MVP]12499 Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:21 pm

madukrainian  

Global Announcement: Please read before posting...

0 Paul [MVP] 1309 Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:56 pm

Paul [MVP]  

Sticky: Backup guide-Recommended if you intend upgrade SPV *UPDATE5*

[ Goto page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6 ]  83 DJHope 4927 Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:46 pm

Monolithix  

Sticky: [ Poll ] Who would donate money towards app signing

[ Goto page: 1 ... 9, 10, 11 ]  159 spacemonkey 2938 Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:52 am

yatpeak  

Sticky: Danish SPV Update: OFFICIAL Orange statement

[ Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]  47 Paul [MVP] 4163 Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:56 pm

ClintEastman  

I have the update!

[ Goto page: 1 ... 12, 13, 14 ]  203 Paul [MVP] 13087 Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:21 pm

Richie M  

Stop it  children.....

answered..

Remove certification requirement from the SPV

[ Goto page: 1 ... 18, 19, 20 ] 292 Third_of_Five 35142 Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:41 am

awarner

The scroll button to see threads lower down is on the right.

I hate to burst your bubble but from what I just heard from a very trustworty source this UK update is absolutely rubbish. (I'd love to be stand corrected by Paul or others)

It hardly adds anything new and users who have already updated to the DK rom version and now reverted back to UK to update to the new version will hardly find any differences.

Add to that the fact that app certification cracking will not be available after updating and you will get Orange's perfect solution to prevent the app signing crack without needing to do anything special.

I'd put my hopes into Florin's ROM update which I have used and seen and is really super impressive, it looks very promising

Regards

Eran

Guest Maverick

Isnt Orange a 'French' company ?? :oops:

Maybe this is a french conspiracy to irritate all the SPV owners in UK and make them go bonkers!! :shock: :idea: :evil: :wink:

Guest ClintEastman
I hate to burst your bubble but from what I just heard from a very trustworty source this UK update is absolutely rubbish. (I'd love to be stand corrected by Paul or others)

It hardly adds anything new and users who have already updated to the DK rom version and now reverted back to UK to update to the new version will hardly find any differences.

Add to that the fact that app certification cracking will not be available after updating and you will get Orange's perfect solution to prevent the app signing crack without needing to do anything special.

I'd put my hopes into Florin's ROM update which I have used and seen and is really super impressive, it looks very promising

Regards

Eran

Paul has already made a post saying great...

And remember that it's OUR version of the DK update, so no it's not that different...

:wink:

Urrrmmm - have you read Paul's earlier post???

Applying the update didn't re-enforce app signing on his phone - it left all data as it was, and more importantly, he didn't need to re-do the app unlocking :)

Sounds too good to be tru I know, but I can't wait now ;)

Hax

Guest spacecowboy6982
i just had a go @ O on 156.. she says "maybe next week"... i went *MENTAL* :)

U better be taking the piss...this is really nipping me....i'm switching off and coming on @ around 6pm...maybe, just maybe there will be somthing !!!

Guest spacecowboy6982
Im starting to wonder if Eran can read, paul has already stated that the update dosnt put back app signing!

DJ Hope

LoL , i noticed that too..it STILL amazes me that people dont check the forum properly b4 posting lol.