Download the update HERE!

Guest PaulOBrien

all installed.

Picture manager is OK. Similar to IA Album which I already have.

How about a bloody file explorer for free.

Search for SMARTExplorer on the Modaco search - it's free, it works and it's also free...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jclivingston
how long does it take after you install the update?

my fone says: Updating......Do Not Close and has been like that for a while!

at least 5 mins

I am having this problem as well - the phone has been sat on the Updatig screen for 20 mins now - any ideas?

Holy S**T

Makes a hell lot of difference.

My network bars shot up from one to 4

Speeds increased as well

The windows media players play better movies as well!!!!

I happy, made my day!!!!! :)

Guest alkis_y3k

Is it just me, or there is not much of an increase of speed? Did they actually clock the CPU to 132? Also the camera didn't really speed up.

The new tools are neat.

Question for someone "in the know". Has the transmission signal strength been increased. Since upgrading, I have noticed for the first time, that I can hear a buzz on my PC speakers when the phone is near it. This increases a lot when I use GPRS.

Now that I have had a few minutes to play with it. It is definately a lot quicker. Some things are much quicker like scrolling on a web page. But even things like Gnuboy and Doom seem a little quicker. The Divx player is also a fair bit quicker.

Guest spacecowboy6982

@ least u guys have it...i downloaded it fine but when i come to install it it comes up with an illegal operation "caupgradeut" wot the hell is that all about?

Space Cowboy

I am having this problem as well - the phone has been sat on the Updatig screen for 20 mins now - any ideas?

Ring Orange on 156 or 07973 100 156. They can authorise you to take the phone off the cradle, and it means it's their problem if that causes damage.

my backlight stays off with device lock, but you have to wait till the screensaver kicks in - it is still off untill you confirm the password input, so they have fixed it, sort of.

LoL....Orange have just told me that theirs a problem with the software that is on the web-site and that their will be a fix for 11AM tomorrow.....hummmm....

Spike.

LoL....Orange have just told me that theirs a problem with the software that is on the web-site and that their will be a fix for 11AM tomorrow.....hummmm....

Spike.

Did they specify what the problem was?

Did they specify what the problem was?

Lots of people with WinME are having probs running the upgrade app - I assume that this is THE problem, as opposed to there being a problem with the update itself

Hax

Well I rang them up because I had installed the DK version already....had long pauses and then she told me that the current patch wont be able to install the new update and I'd have to wait until tomorrow 11AM for the one that will fix my problem.

Can anyone else open up the Power Management settings?

jp

I can open the settings, but just the main batter status bar and two values - one is 30000 and the other 2. Can't do anything with them and don't know what they refer to - probably screensaver timeouts at a guess.

Also, backlight on my phone does come on when keypad is locked :)

Things look a bit screwy there and give the impression that a hard reset is needed.......

Oh bugger - that means trying to de-certify the phone again. Anyone know if this still works? Reluctant to try at the mo as haven't the ability to make a backup (other than the 8MB sd card that came with the phone) ;)

Cheers,

Hax

Well, the download went as smooth as you like. I get a better signal and the phone is much faster. Hurrah :)

You still can't send a business contact via sms though - please Orange, put this in the next upgrade - it's driving me mad :x

Is there a full list of the problem fixes anywhere?

Guest coastersteve
Well I rang them up because I had installed the DK version already....had long pauses and then she told me that the current patch wont be able to install the new update and I'd have to wait until tomorrow 11AM for the one that will fix my problem.

Paul, or anyone else!

Can you get this confirmed?

Cheers.

Steve

Guest Paul [MVP]

Not that i've heard of, but I could be wrong!

You should have made an update before you installed DK... Only a serial cable or a UK flash can save u now!

P