• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Baadsha

hi there

i have a dk update on my phone

now i keep hearing that only a serial cable or uk flash can save me now

can some one explain this in more detail

also when u say a serial cable do u mean one connected to the serial port?

i have a xda usb charger/sync cable

will that work?

thanks

Guest Shire29

Just installed the update (running XP home) with no probs.

However, have seen no noticable speed increase. All the apps I need still run OK, power management is still available.

Yes I have increased number of signal bars, but what does that really mean ?

Will wait to see if the battery life has improved, for me this was the only reason for running the update. The new apps are, well, how do you put this, really just small beer, better more useful apps available from the guys on this forum.

I noticed it has reduced my free physical phone memory by about 400 k, not a great deal but if you have loaded lots of apps in your phone memory worth knowing about. I suppose that's obvious seeing 2 more apps have been installed.

More later, me off to do a proper test.

Cheers, Shire

What do you mean? You could create IMelodies pre-update!

yep it was buried in the MMS app, which is massively improved. the two apps basically improve access to the feautures that were already there!

Guest Tiggercam

Hmmmm. Worked nicely for me. The new MMS app is much better. I like the fact that it actually tells you what it's doing while it's sending rather than just showing the pretty animation.

And one interesting side effect - for the last couple of days I have not been able to get a GPRS connection. CS were allegedly sending me a SIM update with the settings (funny, it worked before...). Apply update, and woo hoo, my GPRS returned :)

Guest HelloDave

The update still hasn't fixed the backlight switching on randomly when the phone is charging. Grr :evil: At least the backlight doesn't come on when a button is pressed with the keys locked now though, unless you press the left softkey, which is logical since that's the "unlock" button!

Guest jtsaint

The update isnt really faster in tests that I have done.

I reckon the just change a constant that described the menu selection speed and not actually made the phone any faster at loading/running apps