How to remove the SPV E100 SIM LOCK... PERMANENTLY!

Guest Star_Dudy

Guest Kelso

Ejoya,

Where are you from? If you are from the Phils., read your warranty manual, the phone unit is under warranty for hardware defects, it does not cover software problems. When unlocking your phone, you did not open anything in your phone... did not destroy the warranty seals... you just supplied the unlocking code when the phone asked you to. So, how will your warranty get void?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MR_E

Is it necessary to have access to an Orange SIM card at any point in the unlocking process? If I need any other SIM than the one from Vodafone I have in order to SIM-unlock the phone, I'd like to know beforehand...

Guest deano_uk

Hmm.. not to be contentious but no, you do not need an orange sim card to unlock the SPV.

This is because the unlock process involves reading data from the phones EEPROM which happens to be un-encrypted on this particular model of phone 8)

So basically the sim is irrelevant.

Just my £0.02

Dean

Guest awarner [MVP]

OK sorry looks like I had my wires crossed about the Orange SIM, but...

data from the phones EEPROM which happens to be un-encrypted on this particular model of phone
The SIM unlock code as far as I know is encrypted.

This is from way back in the early days

I can wish u a GOOD luck in finding the unlock code in dump file :(  Considering is a 32 mega file and the code is not in clear (is 256 bits encrypted!!!)

Unless I'm confusing myself again :)

PS Welcome to the site :D

Guest MR_E

Well, I do hope deano_uk is right; getting an Orange SIM just to unlock the phone would be a bit of a waste... I'll try unlocking with a non-Orange SIM first. I'll post the results here.

In the mean time: if anyone tried to unlock an SPV without an Orange SIM I'd be interested to learn what they found.

Guest Arisme

yes, he's right, do not worry :wink: and it will work on every model, including the Tanager, provided that your bootloader does not fix this bug (otherwise you can always revert to a previous bootloader ...)

Guest madu

Re: Orange SIM

> To unlock you need to:

- Enter Canary -> does not need Orange SIM

- Now you have run Sim unlock and have the code. (no need for Orange SIM)

- Now you power up with a NON Orange SIM so it asks for unlock code (no need for Orange sIM)

CONCLUSION: No need for Orange SIM to SIM unlock phone.

Re: Relocking

As far as I know you can re-sim-lock the phone by going to Canary (upto 0.93) and one of the menu's has an option like Network Lock or smthin. It is there where the code can be set. (I'm pretty sure, but not 100%, never done that)

Guest seether1

:roll: Just got an SPV and I'm trying this unlocking process... only the code program aborts and asks me to check if I've terminated the wscecomm (I have) and I'm in bootloader mode - which I don't have a clue about! What is it? Will the fact that I'm using a PAYG sim, which allows me into the phone to change setting/add contact/pretty much anything, but still comes up with a No Service/Network Denied tag have anything to do with the problem? Will I need to get hold of a mapy monthly sim? I think thats all my questions for now!!! HELP!!!

Guest madu

seether1 what OS are you using?

do you have it in 3color canary screen and does "USB" appear in bottom left corner when you connect?

Guest seether1

I'm running XP home, and when I put the phone in the cradle the activsync doesn't immediately startup like its did with my PDA, I have to initiate it from the SPV. I literally received the phone this morning from a work collegue who thought it was way too advanced for him, so I am very new with the SPV. Not sure what you mean by the 3color canary screen though.... do I need to reinstall activsync?

Guest seether1

I'm getting there... the sim card is now registering as Orange, and when I get to the point of running the simunlock.exe it comes back with a garbled letters/icon and it states it had an unexpected answer.. is this now because I haven't a clue what the 3color canary menu is or what bootloader mode is? Never would have thought I'd have this much of a issue with the phone!! Looks great though.. can't wait to put Doom on it! :twisted:

Guest madu

AH, yo need to start the phone in "BIOS" mode - in Bootloader, also refered to Canary (phone model codename). Anyway:

- Power Off

- Hold VoiceRec button (above volume keys on the side) and POWER

- *It should now say 'Card Found' if memory card inserted. Then it will go to 3color screen.

- Now proceed with step 2 on this page

comprendez?

Guest seether1

:) SWEET!!!!! Phone unlocked and working fine with my T-Mobile sim, cheers Madu for sorting me out! Going to spend some time customising the phone now, some new wallpaper is called for (and of course DOOM!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :D

How to do it? well have a read of this thread in full and any questions on

anything or if you get stuck on just ask :lol:

(but not me as I've never done it :oops: )

Guest stestroud

Yup, it works although i cant receive calls?! Phone problem? please help. I checked and there aren't any call diverts or barrs active. I can send texts, mms, use wap/gprs and i can even receive txts! But i just cant receive calls.

Guest madu

This should not happen. Try rebooting phone (off>on) and check if you can receive calls with current SIMcard in another handset. Could you get incoming calls before simunlock?

Guest Smartphilcon

hi guys.. i cant seem to get it to work on my tanager/Smart Amazing Phone.. it stops dead when it reaches 66%. Ive tried everything.. help!