Poll: Would you buy Custom Faces for the SPV?

Guest MISMan

Guest mashkhan

Eh? A ponce is a derorgatory term for a pimp. Just looked it up in the dictionary

British : PIMP; also usually disparaging : a male homosexual

Guest Brody

OK, by wimp i was leaning towards the homosexual side of things but I wasn't 100% sure so I didnt want to offend anyone, however i did not realise that it also meant pimp so thanks for the info!

Guest digitalsakura

so any news yet about spv covers?

I would gladly pay £20 or even £30 for the cover, considering my case cracked! :shock:

Guest Jimi_A

I clicked YES if less than £20,

but I do want a joystick mod for that...

I am happy swapping covers and incurring any belishes that might incur. I'm gonna have a new cover right?

But like Monolithix points out, when you know the method and have the tools all jobs (most, maybe) are possible... Didn't the original post say it would come with destructions?

Like I said I'll take my chances with a replacment cover and joystick mod for £20.

Jimi

Guest Brody

So i'll ask again, could the author of this topic please reply???!! We all would appreciate a progress check on your decision, there seems to be a market for custom or replacement faces!!

Cheers!

Guest digitalsakura

i've been talking to people on other fourms, they say china might be mass-produce a replacement cover for the SPV.

Guest Brody

Other forums??? I don't understand?? Theres only 1 smartphone forum in my eyes :wink:

A replacement is needed! A custom fascia would be very nice!

Guest Gorskar

"Mass produce?" Thats a laugh: the spv is hardly in mass production, and its soon to be superceeded.

Sure, it works with nokias cause they are bought by millions of kids, who only care what the phone looks like on the outside.

Most SPV owners will however have paid more attention to what is in the inside I would imagine ;), and the market is small than the nokia owner crowd. Still - even some of us are willing to part with a few pennies for a replacement cover, especially if it is

a)clear

b)metal

c)just a cheap replacement for those who's covers have been scratched/otherwise damaged.

Guest cocobrownskin

god you guys are like a bunch of old women whinning about who's turn to press the laundry. (not a sexist pun intended)

I would buy a front cover if it was black or metallic red. I suppose covers allow you to be a little different, and expressive as long as it does not cost over £20 pounds. What would be nice is a wireless headphone connection, i have seem to loose mine and wish not to use my dads 1970s astronaught headphones. ;)

Guest digitalsakura

If anyone needs a replacement spv cover you can send the phone to Hays technology and they will replace the cover for you, the downside is that it will cost you £48.30.

Guest modfather

well ive had enough, im gonna get in touch with far east and see if i can get some manufacturers on the go, i did it for aerials on samsung t100, so ill have another go, i will no doubt need a rough idea of how many we need, and ill buy the lot and sell em via paypal or nochex or summat.

ok?

out,

ModFather

Guest Moony1234

LOL all you guys with the paint flaking of your standard cases...

Lets say you bought a brand new car.. and after a few months the paint started to flake off, would you just bring it somewhere to get fixed? No, you'd bring it back to where you got it and expect them to fix/replace it.

Hayes have replaced my phone twice now under their 1 year warrenty. Try giving them a ring!

Guest cyrilthefish

I'd definately buy one!

:)

and Moony, i could take my phone back to get the cover replaced for free, but i don't fancy being without my phone for 2 weeks :S

Guest awarner [MVP]
and Moony, i could take my phone back to get the cover replaced for free, but i don't fancy being without my phone for 2 weeks :S

Could not be without it for a day :shock: it would feel like there

had been a death in the family.

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'd buy if there were a good quality. I'd definitely pay the extra for something decent, e.g. the difference between nokia original and copied faceplates!

P

Guest daiz

I've lost my warrenty on my spv and now i vould like to put on a new cover, at own risk. As it looks like many of allready has found out Orange don't sell those. So this is also my last hope!

Guest morpheus2702

I work for a manufacturer with two factories based in Shanghai. If we have an idea as to quantities required and technical schematics for the case, we can look at it.

With the Tanager being delayed, there is a great opportunity for a Tanager-style case for the standard SPVx.

PM me for more details.