Poll: Would you buy Custom Faces for the SPV?

Guest MISMan

Guest awarner [MVP]

I like the idea but it may not be possible :? because of battery shape etc :)

Problem is to design and manufacture a case from scratch would not be cheap

also what size of order quantity would you need to actually make it happen?

If it's a becomes a reality I would be interested :(

• 1 month later...
Guest @ngel

In any case, count me in!

If it is possible, I can buy more than one...

Just let us know the price...

(it is now the time to see a gold SPV at last...)

Guest Martin@Home

I'm a CNC part programmer. I once missed a decimal point in one of my programs which scrapped off a billet of titanium approx 2m square by 50mm thick. My boss at the time gave me a fairly good indication of the price of titanium !!! Been making titanium damper brackets for an aerospace company and the billets look just about the right size !!!!!! :lol:

Guest morpheus2702

Without the schematics for the front panel it is difficult to gauge the cost of manufacture of each front panel - and therefore the required production run. At a guess, it would take a run of 5-10k units and delivery in one drop to a single distributor.

Guest squall

ive been thinking about silicon injected rubber mouldings. you could cast the spv's existing cover in clay or someting slightly softer, cut it in to and cook it, then just fill it up with rubber silicon.

this should then give a pretty good fit, and without even needing a drawing.

the rubber dries fairly solid, and after painting i doubt you would notice the difference.

i might try n buy stuff tonight, although im going away for 2 weeks on fri.

could do with a sacrifical cover to check it works ok though!

damnit ... the last reply to the thread is the most interesting ... but thats also where the thread ends ,,,

we have about 2000 employees with SPV's .... lots of people are asking around for covers ...

get this thing on the road !!!

the rubber moulding idea seems to be the most viable for low volume production runs. I wonder what a rubber case would be like... very interesting. what this would also mean is that you would be able to change the colours required very quickly and not have to manufacture hundreds before you could change the product....

I might look into this and see what I can come up with.... might prove to be a very good cottage industry... hmmmmmm.... anybody interested in a rubber case?

I'll get back once I have destroyed my phone...... will report findings after visiting the local model/art shops...

laters.

Guest squall

im off tomorrow for two weeks, i will deffently have a go at this when i get back. i looked a bit more into it, and its v promising.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Crispy

Hows this thing going? ... Are you REALLY going to sell new covers? Are you gonna sell custom ones? ... If yes, then in which colors? How much will they cost? Where can you ship?

If it helps, I'm sure you will be granted a lifelong Mocado plus membership 4 free for doing this for the community! :wink:

Guest squall

im holding back, my spv's away to get repaired at this hayes tech, ive asked if they do spare covers. i would imagine they would. I will let you know what they say, im hopefull though.