Poll: Would you buy Custom Faces for the SPV?

Guest MISMan

Guest digitalsakura

Hayes tech do sell covers, but you have to send your phone and it cost £55.

They wont sell the cover by it self, you have to send your phone and they will install it for you.

When I received my spv back from Hayes, dust was under the screen and I haven’t even started the phone.

Guest squall

i wont be doing covers, im no longer an spv owner :) ;) :D

hayes tech said my phone was beond economical repair, and i dont have insurance. guess im off to buy an e100, £130 from 'O' as a mid contract upgrade.

Guest squall

em water damage from my time away:(

Theres no sound coming out, and the head set dont work either.

im trying to figure out an upgrade price to the e100 but o customer service seem to make it up as they go along.

to start with i was told £129 now its £129 +£125 for not having my contract a year. so i will try work it out today. they cant even confirm what comes with the phone, and could only suggest i visit a shop selling the phone and ask to see the box!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heh, i dropped my C35 phone in a pint a few years back. It was fine but 6 months later the earpiece died (at least 2 or 3 other people i know had the same problem with the same phone).

Sent it back under warranty, but they rejected it saying "it had been subjected to liquid injestion...." or some such b*ll*cks :/

Guest squall

been on the phone to O, they say that i can pay £70 and get a new phone sent throughm not tied to insurance or anything, or £30 and £5 for a year. I worked out upgrading would cost £200 + tied to contract for another year. I will try my hand for a cheap upgrade, but it looks like replacement spv for me.

Guest sebset

If Microsoft & EOM manufacturers want to target mass market (not only business users) they have to sell phones with removable covers like Nokia do it. The Nokia 3650 is a great success because the phone looks funny... even if it is larger than the SPV.

Design is one of the keys of success to sell a product. I'm afraid HTC and Mitac don't understand WHAT is design... :?

Guest Crispy
Design is one of the keys of success to sell a product. I'm afraid HTC and Mitac don't understand WHAT is design... :?

Indeed! ... Nokia designers + Microsoft / Orange developers = THE ULTIMATE PHONE!

Too bad for us, thats never gonna happen ...

• 2 months later...
Guest nathan_g

Yo dude(MISman);

To help you see the market for your idea. In the Philippines Front & Back covers sell like hotcakes. Most people would change the casing almost every week depending on the market value. The Original Nokia Casings would sell around P300 to P500 pesos(around $10 the most expensive casing around) but for the so called imitation coming from Hongkong($2 to $3 at the most) but people using SPV E100 or we call it here the Smart Amazing Phone(By Smart Communications). People would buy a front & back cover if it was available, specially if it included a new joystick & keypads. :)

• 2 years later...
Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :)

Sadly, I don't think this idea ever got off the ground. I'd certainly be happy tp pay for a customised casing 8)

You might want to check on eBay though as you can find replacement covers there. You might even find someone selling them in our eBay Auctions section.