SmartNES 1.2 : new version, new graphics, sound

Guest zizione

Yeah, I think they are in the registry, I remember hacking around with it a while ago.

As your phone is new, the emu won't be able to understand the fact that it can't make these changes. Bodes well for the emu, most software would crash in that situation but it handles it well by the sounds of it.

If you can manually edit the registry (in some way), then you can change the keys that way.

Guest Skitals

the PocketTV Team is testing a patch samsung/verizon wireless is making to fix the problem with the registry so 3rd party software installs/works properly. I had them test out SmartNES and the problem still isnt fixed, while other apps that didnt work before the patch now install and work fine :lol:

The way the phone is setup you cant create/edit keys in HKLM... the patch I speak off is to fix this. Maybe once this patch is released I will be able to manually change the values like you speak of even if it still doesnt work in the emu.

Thanks

How about recompiling the emu to use one of the reg areas that are open, perhaps HKCU? :?: This would be a more logical place of putting this stuff anyway, it is a "per-user" setting (even though we only have one user!)

Guest Skitals

I didnt think the source for SmartNES was available. I saw the other said he is stopping work on the project and was offering the source for someone to continue FOR MONEY. Now, unless he wrote the whole emu from scratch (and going be speed it doesnt look like it), chances are he ported an opensource NES emu under GPL, so he has to give the source for free, no?

I dont know. I probably wouldnt be able to make the needed changes anyway. I only really know VB.

Absolutely. If he based his work on the OSS version, he must release the source. That's the rule of the license. Breaking that is no different to doing piracy or warez.

And offering it for sale is pretty messed up!! The rule is:

If you distribute software derived from OSS, you must also distribute the source

That's all there is to it.

As much as there is a smartphone community here, there isn't. Practically zero code sharing goes on, even between the free apps. Sad. I've wanted to take up some development myself, but I don't have the time to write an app from scratch, so it ain't gonna happen.

Guest Skitals

Well you could pick up the SmartNES project :lol: A good full speed NES emulator is all the smartphone needs in the gaming category. I have a fully modded xbox and a ton of xbox games... guess what I play most? Thats right, my NES emulator with my 10,000 nes roms :D (every rom ever released, including all versions... betas, all nationalities, etc).

Guest DOOManiac

Hi guys! I'm new here at the boards, and this is my first post in fact. I got my Smartphone (Motorola MPx200) yesterday, and so far I think it ROCKS. I love it. :D

I'm not ashamed to admit that this emulator and the Atari 2600 emu's were the #1 reason I got a Smartphone (oh and getting the phone completely free was nice too). I'm a hardcore nostalgic gamer, so the prospect of playing Pitfall on my lunch break was more than I could resist.

I know C++ and a small group of other languages myself, so perhaps sometime I might take a crack at coding something, though I can promise it won't be anywhere near as complex as a port of an emulator. :P

Unfortunately, I'm suffering from the same problems as other users on this board with the same phone. I also had the issue of two button combinations not working, but I found that remapping B and A to 4 and 5 rather than 7 and 8 made everything work just fine. However, I'm still plagued by the problem with .SAV files. No idea why, but they just don't work. I have to delete the .SAV files every time before I run the game again, least I get the black screen issue.

Has anybody gotten around this yet? And are those other source ports that muff linked for NES emu's any good? Thanks!

Guest ele-mental

i've had my i600 for 2 weeks now, and smartNES was one of the first apps i installed.

a few quirks/issues:

i remapped my buttons the first time using it, and the settings stayed. i'm not having any of the problems with button remapping that other users are reporting.

i've had the same problem with .sav files. if i try to open a ROM that has a .sav file, a black screen will come up and the music will play. this has happened with every ROM i've tried to play except one -- Mike Tyson's Punchout. for some reason i can quit smartNES in the middle of a fight, and when i reopen the Punchout, it picks up right where i left off.

some games (again, Punchout) have distorted graphics in some areas. certain characters are all numbers, letters and weird shapes. i'm not really familiar with emulators in general, so i'm not sure if this is normal for certain emulators and certain ROMs.

Guest Fu§ed

help me...

i just got my SPV for xmas and well i got a few games but i cant get smartnes working... it says ACCESS DENIED, THE PROGRAM CANNOT START BECAUSE IT IS NOT DIGITALLY SIGNED WITH A TRUSTED CERTIFICATE! :?

how do i do it.. i put the main EXE in my storage card folder... with my other games, then i created a shortcut.. CUT it then pasted it in the Games folder... and well is there any other files i should of added?

Cuz when i downloaded it all i got was the .exe file.. is that all i need?

Guest awarner [MVP]

You need to decert your phone first so you can run unsigned software,

click on OTA to learn more about this and also a link to the Orange

Developers site.

Guest lav-child

Hi everyone, does anyone have the Nes emulater that a can download, as i can't seem to download the one on the opening page. I NEED to play mario 3 on my new smartphone.

Thank.

Guest ultimasnake
BROKEN LINK!  

why doesnt it load anymore? i REALY want nes emulator

Hi everyone, does anyone have the Nes emulater that a can download, as i can't seem to download the one on the opening page. I NEED to play mario 3 on my new smartphone.  

Thank.

are you guys blind? 2 links in a row... and mine is absolutely not dead

Guest Pixeled

Actually, smartphone2003.tk seems to be down :)

I also have a redirected link served by www.dot.tk, and it's down too.

(I can't open any links by .tk anyway!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _4saken_

just out of couriosity, why the hell is the screen stretched out by default ? what's the sense in that ? wouldnt it be cooler to have the original aspect ratio ?

and the portrait bilinear sucks balls, to slow to play any games on my spv.

nevertheless a great emu.