SmartNES 1.2 : new version, new graphics, sound

Guest zizione

Guest manocheese

Oh how I love this emulator. It's a shame I can't use sound and bilinear at the same time but as I play at work a lot I don't really need sound (I have an e200).

The only problem is that it seems to lock up a lot and I have to restart my phone, grrr. When it freezes I can get back to my home screen by holding the Home key to get to the GPRS shortcuts, then locking the keypad and then unlocking it but after a minute or two it SmartNES just locks the whole thing up again. Anyone been able to fix this?

Guest lesane
Oh how I love this emulator.  It's a shame I can't use sound and bilinear at the same time but as I play at work a lot I don't really need sound (I have an e200).

The only problem is that it seems to lock up a lot and I have to restart my phone, grrr.  When it freezes I can get back to my http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen by holding the Home key to get to the GPRS shortcuts, then locking the keypad and then unlocking it but after a minute or two it SmartNES just locks the whole thing up again.  Anyone been able to fix this?

I've got the same problem.. I've also got a E200 :D

Guest AvWijk

Great program, I have only one problem how do you reset the roms! If I exit a game and next start the emulator up, the game continues or hangs sometimes which is annoying and making the roms unusable.

I have a Moto MPX200

Guest manocheese

Well, I'm now playing FF2 after completing the first one and so far it hasn't crashed. I does have some screen corruption during the fights but as it is a conversion to English from Japanese I'm not suprised, it's still playable. If I can play this for a bit longer without it crashing it may just be the emulator not being 100% rather than the phone.

While I'm here... Can anyone recommend some NES games that are good for Smartphone gaming? Obviously I like Final Fantasy but once I've completed FF3 the rest are SNES games and they run far too slow on my E200(I might be able to get around that).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oziscififan

Though I've notived a few problems with scrolling I suspect they're with the ROM's and not the app itself.

The app works great, with the sole exception of the funky trick to remap the controller buttons.

Now if only the Super Nes emmulator worked on the i600! :D

Guest phonesmarts

it does, doesn't it? it runs on the mpx, but has few roms and is especially slow. if you like the same *class* try out the SGenesis emu on the i600. it might run better on it than the mpx.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest serialkillazzs

brillant,brillant,brillant,brillant, megaman rules, so does battleships, sound absoloutely sweeteeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest joalro

I have an MPX200 - unlocked. With smartnes, I have an interesting problem:

I can never use the right button in connection with another button (say jump). I can go left and jump at the same time, though.

I've tried multiple roms and multiple key assignments with the same results.

Has anyone had or solved this issue?

thx

J

• 2 months later...
Guest ultimasnake

if you look at the date of the origional post and the date of the last update.. it hasn't been updated at all it's just been kicked up by joalro :)... i don't think this will be updated anymore since it's been inactive for tooo long :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wolsinkpower

Hey...

i have a question.. i have a new MPx200 and i have Smartnes.. now if i play a game.. it goes aalll fiiiiiine.. BUT then...its like there's something with the keys.. if i hold the key.. the game starts "lagging" .. my buttons always make a noise when i push then.. how can i stop this and start playing SmartNes normal ^_^?

Guest wolsinkpower

yes i dont even know where that must be done :D

but that would not take the fact away that if i hold my button.. games lag :P SmartNes AND PicoDrive :P

*edit:

it seems it works fine now.. hope it stays so ^_^!

Guest ultimasnake

start > settings > profiles > edit a profile of choice > System volume Off

and

start > settings >keypad control > None

these 2 would make the noises go away ^_^

1 problem... the saving isnt working... when i start up a game that i was playing earlier it comes up and is running where I left off (the sound and everything), but the screen stays black...

some help?

hmm I have the same problem as Joalro... anybody have a fix for this?

you'd make me a lot happier since I'll finaly be able to play NES games as they're supposed to.

Pigo

1 problem... the saving isnt working... when i start up a game that i was playing earlier it comes up and is running where I left off (the sound and everything), but the screen stays black...

some help?

still encountering this prob ;D