SmartNES 1.2 : new version, new graphics, sound

Guest zizione

Guest kukini3

Would someone be nice enough to tell a newbie where to find a few games for SmartNES. I tried searching the forum for a link to a website and had no luck. Anyones assistance would be greatly appreciated.

On the 8th page there is a link to the program.

I have a 5600 and I can't figure out how to quit out of a game. Can someone tell me how?

Also, what is the "record" button? I see that mentioned a lot and I don't know what that refers to.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest disco42

i'm new to this, even forums! anyhow, iv got smartnes, fantatic emu, runs fabulous, c500 by the way. however when i remap the keys to a suitable position for me, you cannot use 2 keys at the same time, although you can if you use the default setup. is there any solution for this or must i bode with it? cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tenitsi
1 problem... the saving isnt working... when i start up a game that i was playing earlier it comes up and is running where I left off (the sound and everything), but the screen stays black...

some help?

I have the same problem. I'd really appreciate a fix for this...(the black screen). Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest GravityArc

I've read through all the posts on this, and I can't seem to get my SMT5600 to accept multi-button press. Won't be able to save Zelda if I can't duck and attack. :lol:

Has anyone been able to get multi-press to work on an SMT5600 yet?

Guest Jamma14

To the people saying they have xperienced problems with the autosaving I must say that I have as well but that is because it isn't properly implemented it does work, but only on about a quarter of games and on the others sometimes it gets stuck in a black screen or screws up the graphics etc.

Ways around this are:

1. Try saving at another point or in a games menu or some other part of it, sometimes it only works in the pause screen for example.

2. If it loads and there is a black screen press stuff! It can then sometimes works - it is just that you cannot see it - the ROM is still running. So if you can get another window or something (not good with NES terminology) like the pause screen to open up and then revert back it will be visible.

3. Some games have a built in save which will be saved as *ROMNAME*.sav (state saves are *ROMNAME*.nes.sav). Use the in built saves if you can as these will always work. Autosaves take precedence tho so to make sure you don't autosave the games you don't want to load a ROM that works with them b4 you quit and quit with that.

4. Some games like the one mentioned in the post above (I'm not writing any ROM names lol :( ) you will I'm afraid just not get to work because it doesn't have an in built save and the state ones don't work even if you try button pressing at the black screen of death. I guess the way it was written means the pause menu doesn't count as a new "window" lol.

5. If you accidently do an autosave when you didnt want just explore to it and delete it - it will be *ROMNAME*.nes.sav in the SmartNES folder.

Hope u understood that :lol: and hope that helps guys.

PM me if ya have any trouble with it and I'll try n help.

Jamma out.

I'm having problems starting this. it seems like it locks up my phone for a while but i can press home and i'm bakc in my homescreen after a few seconds. then does the smartnes 1.2 homescreen then i choose file > open rom and cannot find a rom ( there is a .nes with it? )

whats wrong?

Guest Jamma14

No, it doesn't come with nes ROM's and no-one here will tell you how to find them and that is that. If you do not own NES games and rip them to your computer legally to play on your phone (and the legality of that is debatable as well :lol: ) then it is illegal and this site doesn't support piracy. You want some games, go buy 'em. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Angultra

Great emulator! Are there any plans for a new version though? It's still unplayably slow with sound on my MPX200...

I hate to say it but even the NES emulator for Palm *gasp* seems to run faster on sub-200mHz devices...do you think it's possible to optimize the SPV version any further?

Edited by Angultra

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ar7499

Game Genie Codes ????

Does anyone know if there is support for game genie codes in smartnes?

This is an awesome emulator, itw ould even better if I could get unlimited lives on SMB :cheesy:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest The Undefeated

If people cant find it, just go on google and type in smartnes, lots of sites have it.

And if that doesnt work (god knows why it wouldnt) then just PM me or something and i'll send it to you, but search on google first.

(I am so sick of people saying that they cant download it, the link doesnt work, can you post a new link... :evil: )

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest راعي &#1

Is there any QVGA Emulators of any sort of console?

yes

1- there is picodrive played megadrive roms

2- poket gnuboy its new played gameboy color roms .gb and .gbc

3- smartgear the new one played gameboy color roms .gb and .gbc

4- PocketSNES played snes roms

Guest hyedipin

Thanks راعي الفتك ,

But I meant QVGA SmartPhone.

Do you have links to those you provided, for SP ? All I could find were for PPC. :)