Microsoft / MoDaCo Event - Please Register!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Firaas
Sounds great to me but a lot of the adaptations and developments are over my head - will this be fully accessible (intelligible) even to us mere beginners who have bought the SPV for its pretty colours and sounds...  

Yeah, from what I've been told, it's a friendly meetup and not a geek conference. They'll have guest speakers, but they'll be newbie friendly too I'm guessing :)

Damn those global announcements!!! My eye has trained to ignore them now :) Well, SOHO - brilliant!! Bring it on!! Yep, wouldn't mind a few beers with you lads.

PS: Can we have the 'global announcement:' line removed from GA's, since they have 'i' icons anyway.. Or just a short way of saying "Global announcement:"??

Guest Firaas

Post updated, for those with the topic being email "watched".

So... 12th April at Soho! For anyone looking at staying the night, TravelInns down there cost around £80 (I know!). I'm intending to stay at Le Meridien on Park Lane for £117.50 which I reckon is a bargain - you can book on their site.

Guest Lizard_King

Nicely done, Paul. I'm well up for it. Really looking forward to it cos I love MS events (i'm a masochist like that :oops: )

I'm so glad I checked this global, I must admit I do tend to brush over them now. Won't happen again :)

Look forward to seeing you all there, as long as there is a 'there' by then :cry:

Guest ClintEastman

CRAP, im in Manchester that weekend! :cry:

Ah well, I am going to a Massive Attack gig, then meeting up with two beautiful Irish girls, could be worse (im sure that there will be no girls at the meet). Well have fun kids, maybe next time! :wink:

Guest ajb3000

wow, this is gonna rock, can't wait!! Best thing is I have friends in London so I can stay at theirs. Any idea what time it's expected to finish?

Oh, and whens it gonna start?

Guest flashfodder

Not been here long and I'm not in quite the same league on all this App creation.

Normally work on AS400's but dabble in a little Photography! Check out http://www.Charliearry.com if you like to see bands. I took all the photo's plus some video footage too!

User I may be but Im building a fantastic Divx Film & TV Archive!!!

I'll have to see if my bro wants to come as well as he got me into the SPV in the first place! I'm now telling him what it can do!

Peeps in previous strings were worried cause it's on a friday but I checked the date & 12th April is definitely Saturday? :D

Has the venue been confirmed yet? :)

I'll have to stay away from the Orange folk cause I bought mine from Orange Sales! ;)

Guest Firaas
Peeps in previous strings were worried cause it's on a friday but I checked the date & 12th April is definitely Saturday? ;)  

Has the venue been confirmed yet? :)

The 12th of April was added today - it was any Friday at first, then any Saturday, and then the 12th of April.

Yep the location's a Microsoft venue in SoHo, and has been confirmed for the 12th of April!

Guest Gorskar
Post updated, for those with the topic being email "watched".

So... 12th April at Soho! For anyone looking at staying the night, TravelInns down there cost around £80 (I know!). I'm intending to stay at Le Meridien on Park Lane for £117.50 which I reckon is a bargain - you can book on their site.

Thats a bit pricy for a weekend for a humble student such as I. Do you know how much youth hostels are around there? Not really sure whether I can afford the time to take a weekend down in London at this time of year (finals looming :? :? )

from memory its about 26quid to get a coach from Manchester to london, returning 12:30 at night..

No need for a hotel as long as they let you on the coach..

Also i'm sure there are late night trains..

Will

Guest rchiileea

Urrm the Orange guys that will be there what could they help me with me/bills cut buy a 3rd since i put my Vodafone chip in my SVP Rofl

Guest Paul [MVP]

NEW UPDATE:

Please register by mailing [email protected]. We really just need an idea of numbers!

The entry requirement is you MUST have a Smartphone...and yes, a Microsoft powered Smartphone :)

We will kick off at around 2pm, and finish at 5pm to allow people time to get in and out of London. Catering will be pizza/beer style ;)

P

Very impressive indeed!! My plan of action as topic update spotted:

1. Take my SmartPhone.

2. Click-click Calendar

3. Click-click 12th April

4. Click-click New Appointment...

5. Click-click whereabouts in Soho is the Microsoft place??

:)