Notice! New DK update decertified.

Guest KimMadsen

Guest Speedy

Hey guys,

I have the same problem, i did the update2 before backing up.... sucks.

Well anyway i was able to erase my ipsm but when it loads it is still way late for connection acitve sync.

Seems nothing we can do.

Guest Speedy

I have another idea

KimMadsen:

Hvis der var en eller anden måde du kunne dele din ipsm backup så vi fortabte danskere kunne downloade den og activesync filerne til vores sd card, så ville problemet være løst ikke? Indstillinger og andet skulle jo være nøjagtigt de sammen siden vi alle er dansker ik?

Det ville være helt kanon,

Guest Bunny0007

Kim jeg ved ikke om det bare er min, men der ser ud til at jeg får prfil problemet igen, efter decert får du også det?? i så fald hvad med lock up ved sms???

Guest KimMadsen

Speedy:

The problem about sharing IPSM is that it contains all the personal/private information on the phone.

So thats not a very likely option :)

Bunny:

Im never fooling around with the profiles, except selecting one from time to time. I have not seen any problems with the IPSM restore after the update.

Everything that Im doing on my phone seems to work trouble free.

Guest DJHope

Well someone post a clean de-certified IPSM! :) Id do it if i had a spare SPV to tinker with, as it is im EXTREMELY happy with the way my SPV is right now and am reluctant to try anything (uk update+decertified+unlocked)!

Surely the IPSM is the most legal part to post since its dynamically generated, i imagine thats very hard to copyright.

DJ Hope

Well, I was happy(ish) with Orange and my SPV until recently. After reading through this, if this happens with the next UK update, the end of my current contract will be the end of my 'relationship' with Orange.

The last UK update broke my GPRS, it still is not fixed after much phoning and editing settings. Certification restricts the phone and its potential, it is usefull to me at the mo, but certified, I may as well go back to my Nokia 3210 as I will lose the apps I use the most (Some of which should have been part of the OS from day 1 :roll: ). The fact that some OS utils had to be bought (AllExplorer for example) or coded by others (Smart Explorer which is excellent BTW) is a classic example of why the OS deserves its nickname of Stinker (Rather than the MIcro$oft moniker of Stinger). I hope it was just Oranges implementation of the OS and NOT the general implementation across the board.

It's beginning to seem that if the future is bright, the future's elsewhere :shock:

Guest Speedy

I thought the ipsm only held settings about the gprs, sms gateway and so forth. Doesnt the phone get all the personal stuff from the sim??

I do not see the problem, but maybe i am wrong.

Guest KimMadsen

The calendar, homescreens, contacts (they can be both on SIM and on phone), IE favorites, start menu and lots of other stuff is in the IPSM.

But all standard programs, drivers and other types of standard executables are not in the IPSM. Thus reloading the IPSM should as far as I can see not overwrite anything vital in the update.

Guest Speedy

No but if i had an "decerted" ipsm to install then all my problems would be solved.

If you did at hard reset your ipsm shoulb empty, right?

correct me if i am wrong.

- Keep the 'joystick/action' button pressed for a few secs.  
I had to have my phone on the three color canary screen for my pc to recognize it... When holding the action key for a couple seconds, you enter the menu, and my pc said, 'device not recognized' or so when in this menu.

It will take a while. On my trial it ended with a very long period of Checking..... which I terminated (by removing the battery) after approx. 10 minutes.

Actually, i think its done pretty fast, it just doesn't show its done. I could type in stuff after a few mins, so i guess thats how it works.

argh, this sucks :x

I've done this, and it works, but the old danish-language-profile-bug it still there, and you have to have the language set to danish to use the danish T9... :evil: :evil:

I think i'll leave my phone locked and wait for someone to find a new way to decert :|

Guest mik_an
I've done this, and it works, but the old danish-language-profile-bug it still there

Yes i didn't see this yesterday but just discovered that mine also still has the profile bug.

I didn't actually check if it was gone after the update, anybody else can answer this ?.

Guest mik_an

So i guess the bug lies somewhere in the IPSM, if i only knew where, then maybe it could be fixed by replacing some files, or am i completely wrong ???.

You are probably right, but i think that the IPSM may also include some of the registry, so if the bug is in there, it might be hard to find...

Guest Bunny0007

The profile bug, is not really a software bug, it is a regedit value bug, so whwn you are copying the ISPM from the old dk software you theke the registry file into the new update, includng the profile bug..

Mabye it will be a better idea to update to the new uk updata then backup ISPM and then to the new dk 2 update, that way you will have a ISPM without the profile bug.

Anybody tried that???

Guest Torben Vognsen
Hi,

Yes, you should be able to do so.

Then decertify the old way and follow my description for the rest.

I've tried, and it doesnt seem to work. Its the old version, but with the new changes to the boot-menu...? And I cant unlock it the old way either... SO its the worst of both...

HATE Orange... HATEHATEHATE...