Planus SMS

Guest theodotcom

Guest MBoden

"Couldn't connect to server" is the same as getting a 404 error when browsing the net normally, it's either a DNS problem or a server problem

If anyone is getting this, try browsing through the phone

the only way i can get "Unrecognized response from server" is when not entering userid (not senderId) or entering a wrong one

"Couldn't establish GPRS Connection" is when trying to open a GPRS connection and it fails

MBoden

Guest Firaas

Aha - the user/pass combo wanted my stuff in lower case for some reason (registered as Firaas, it wanted firaas...)

But yep it seems to be working - now to wait to see if I'll receive that message...

Guest TSCRYPTO

I am a bit concerned that my GPRS went tits up after I installed the app, and was only fixed when the app was deleted.

Might sit tight for an hour or so...

:?

Guest Firaas
as soon as i choose someone from my phonebook it calls them?!?!

Yeah its contacts manager isn't great.

You can't select people using the button push method (i.e. the t9 thing), you have to scroll through everyone, find them, then push Menu > PlanusSMS.

Guest EMGenius

scratch that, it works now, 5th time lucky!!!! how long does it usually take to send though? mine has been on ' sending SMS' for about 30 seconds now - seems like a long time?

Guest Firaas

Heh - Will's put it nicely - beta apps!

Now I'm continuing to get "Unrecognized response from server", even though I sent a message about 5 minutes ago with exactly the same settings, albeit a message that I never received.

Guest EMGenius

btw, i dont understand why you have to scroll to the people in the pjhone book, I just type there name an by the 4th letter or so they are there? am i missing the point?

Guest Firaas
btw, i dont understand why you have to scroll to the people in the pjhone book, I just type there name an by the 4th letter or so they are there? am i missing the point?

Try selecting those people, in my case it brought the second person in the phonebook, rather than the second person on that "typeselect" page.

Wil> what exactly did you do to get that loop ?  

MBoden

I was trying to select a number which was not the 'default' number in the phonebook.

now testing on workign phone to see if making that sms number default will work.

And i get 'could not connect to server' error

Will

Guest EMGenius

ok, now i have said that I am getting issues - in my face!!! keeps saying no mobile listed for a person, but i have just sent a message to her using planus??? any ideas?

Guest MBoden

EMGenius> please make sure that you arent using filtering using the search feature, and that the contact in question has a number listed as mobilephone

MBoden

Guest EMGenius

cheers mboden but, ...

last time a sent a message to the same number i used the filtering (typing forst few leters of name) and it worked fine, no i either get no mobile number (there definatly is one - in the right field too) or it send to another number in the book (and yes i am sure that i am not selecting that one!

HEELLPPP!!!

Guest MBoden

EMGenius> using filter/search will never lead to any good, i can't really do anything about it , but if you see a Microsoft guy beat him with a stick and ask him why "CePimCommand" is in the documentation, but isnt implemted in the OS :-(

MBoden