any filipinos here?

Guest pyke

Guest Paul [MVP]

So how about I create a new forum this evening called:

General - Pinoy

This forum is dedicated to our members from the Philippines!

P

Guest jabez

Hi Paul!

How about ... General: The Pinoy & the Amazing Phone

I'm excited about what you're about to do.

Most of my friends are hesitant to get the Tanager because of the scarcity of information that SMART provides us. Now I know I have a better shot at convincing them.

Mabuhay!

Guest dinoalbert

Hey this is nice!!! Finally a Pinoy-dedicated forum! :) Thank you very much, Paul.

Personally I have no idea how the term "Pinoy" started but I believe its kind of a slang/short for "Filipino"...its how we call ourselves :(

Guest jabez
(tried encoding a whole VCD, and it works great!!! 70MB lang for a 2hr movie)

Is this for real? Could you tell us more about it?

How did you encode the VCD files to work on the Smartphone?

How is the quality? satisfactorily viewable?

I will have to rush my purchase of a storage card if this really works!

Guest ppcsurfr
Is this for real? Could you tell us more about it?

How did you encode the VCD files to work on the Smartphone?

How is the quality? satisfactorily viewable?

I will have to rush my purchase of a storage card if this really works!

Quite possible. We used to encode stuff for the slowest Pocket PCs before and we could compress it to about the same size. Now with the smaller screen of the Smartphone 2002, you can actually get even better quality encoding with it.

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

Guest gavinsbabe_18

wow seems like there's already lot of pinoys that knew this site. my problem is that although i was able to copy a video clip (actually its a little blooper in ASAP heheheh)from pc to cel, i can't play it on the phone. AND i already downloaded the FreeSpace freeware, my IPSM and S.Card has the same size and free KB, why is that? AND where I can find that Storage Folder, this is where to best save your clips n mp3's right?

Guest dinoalbert

gavinsbabe, what's the file format of that video clip you are trying to view? It should be .wmv so you could play it with Windows Media Player.... if its .mpg you should install/use PocketTV and if its .avi you should have PocketDivX/PocketMVP

To find your Storage Folder,IPSM and other folders, you should have the Smart Explorer installed in your phone

Guest gavinsbabe_18

ei dino thanks... i just figure it out, im running out of space that's why, :oops: sorry! as for the storage card, yup i already downloaded the Smart Explorer but still I can't find it in the IPSM. stupid me but do I have to add a new folder for the Storage Card? that's what I did in the Sounds.

Also, I tried unlocking the phone. Does it really takes forever before the program give the unlocking code? 2 hrs and yet my screen still displays "Retrieving SPV Unlock Code : 0%" my battery just went dead, i still have a locked phone :)

Guest dinoalbert

gavins, no need to add a folder...if you indeed have a Storage Card you should have that folder automatically. When you open Smart Explorer, you should see 4 folders: IPSM, Storage Card, Temp, and Windows...... so Storage Card is not found inside the IPSM folder 8)

I havent unlocked my phone yet but I saw a friend did it... 2 hrs is too much. It only took him 10 minutes. Just try again. Theres an instruction at coolsmartphone.com

Guest gavinsbabe_18

hmp! so that card on d side of my phone is just a dummy :roll: ? very nice!!!

anyway, i deleted some files to give way for a new clip but i still i can't play it in my phone. i even tried to call the *888 for assistance, i followed their instruction and they said i should be able to see it on the IA Album daw kaya lang wala pa ren :? !!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest ppcsurfr
gavinsbabe_18 wrote

i even tried to call the *888 for assistance

Hmmm. I don't think that would be much help... unless your problem is carrier dependent... I think you're better off asking it here or in the local mailing list if it has anything to do with the device itself...

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

Guest dinoalbert
hmp! so that card on d side of my phone is just a dummy  ? very nice!!!

LOL!!! No kidding! you really thought its a real SD card??? You didnt bother to take it out to look at it?

:) :( :D

Guest gavinsbabe_18

carlo: ok thanks. so how am i going to play d file :cry:

xander: yup i already dl d smart explorer. i saved d clip nman in IPSM/My Documents. i was able to see nman d file thru smart explorer but i can't play it nman. :cry:

dinoalbert: unfortunately, no. am i that bad? im not techy eh, sori! as of now, i dont hav plans of buying an SD 'til I'm able to watch any clip. i might as well return it back to smart so pls any help? :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest dinoalbert

gavins, may I ask what is the file format of your video clip? Is it the one taken using the Tanager's camera? Or is it mpeg? avi? wmv?

Guest dinoalbert

HI tutu. You can buy the handsfree/earphone for the tanager at Smart for P450......its best to use when listening/watching the movies clips and music cos unlike other cellphones, its STEREO! :)

Guest gavinsbabe_18

hmm, upon checking the type of file it says video clip so i assumed its an avi... so i dl a PocketDivX... upon opening the clip thru DivX its says "This file contains an incompatible file format 1" :cry: ayoko na!!!!

nga pala, after i dl the DivX, the Media Player is no longer existed on my Programs BUT i still can play an MP3 (thru Smart Explorer and then click the MP3 file)... i tried finding the Media Player in the Smart Explorer but it says file not found... how can I restore the Media Player?

Guest dinoalbert

Gavins, can you please post/attach here the movie clip you are trying to open so I could try it also on my phone? Whats the files size?

The Windows Media Player should be there....it cant even be uninstalled. The WMP should be in the Programs....after Vioice Notes, before Accessories and Games......unless you did some registry edit to change the order of your Program shortcuts.

Question, when you play the MP3s, what program is being used when it played?

Have you also tried playing other video files or you are only trying one particular file?

Guest gavinsbabe_18

...i dont hav any smaller clip yet so this is d only im trying to play with my phone and its size is just 2.70MB. i tried adding an attachment kaya lang nag-eror yung posting. can i just hav your email add so i can email it to u instead?

...i didnt do any modifications on my phone YET, just trying and downloading some freewares on d net. ok i tried unlocking but i dont think that's the cause of it. per my programs: Voice Notes, Accessories, DivX, Games.

...still the WMP and as i've said its no longer existed in my programs.

Guest gavinsbabe_18

yup i got that link from CoolSmartPhone, although d link fails, i was able to dl directly from d site.

i already uninstalled d DivX as I thought it replaced my WMP, kaya lang ndeh na sya bumalik :(

and thanks for giving the addy :)

Guest grifter

gavinsbabe,

it's possible that you erased the shortcut to WMP on the /ipsm/windows/start menu

using the explore function of ActiveSync, navigate to Windows and look for 'wmplayer.exe' if it exists, right click and create a shortcut

then cut that shortcut and paste to /ipsm/windows/start menu

rename the shortcut to "Windows Media"

tada! that should work. :)

Guest jabez
You can buy the handsfree/earphone for the tanager at Smart for P450......its best to use when listening/watching the movies clips and music cos unlike other cellphones, its STEREO!   :)

Hi dinoalbert!

Could you please be more specific with the Model Number/Type of the earphone you are referring to? Is it designed for the Tanager or is it just a compatible headset (from other Phone models)?

Thanks