Another eBay ripoff

Guest Firaas

Guest Firaas
i'm easy about it mate. never intended to start an argument, just seems like the brother's taking it all a bit personal

Heh, dude it's a discussion on an internet forum - I'm sure no-one on the forum has taken any of this personally, least of all myself.

Ultimately you can do what you want, I can do what I want and we can't physically stop each other - discussing is a great way to learn what we each do. There are, as you have found, certain methods of piracy that I agree with, for personal reasons, yet those which I do not agree with, such as those discussed on here.

Guest skimask

I'm for piracy in all it's forms, it got Francis Drake a knighthood so it can't be bad ;). anyway, from what i've read, you're the bloke who won the Tanager , so i hate you by default. :lol:

Guest Firaas
anyway, from what i've read, you're the bloke who won the Tanager , so i hate you by default. :lol:

Ah well. I'll hate you back when I find something to hate you for. ;)

Guest nickcornaglia

Interesting Discussion. One Question.

Why does software like eWallet and IA Album not have registration codes associated with them like on many PPC softwares. Wouldn't that discourage piracy...at least until someone made a software crack or key generator for the reg codes.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
HeHeHe, 

Just 'bought' an unlocking solution on eBay for £13 (£5 P&P which they are going to email, ever heard of an email costing £5). Like I am gonna pay! I used an alias he he he he he item http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3413306982

Enjoy!!! 

Never confuse knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

He is providing information and free unlock software. He is entitled too.

You however have broken the law. By placing the big you enter a contract. You my friend are a total cretin

and no im not joking at all. talk about hypocritical

I was thinking the same, that wasnt anything illegal, he was offering a service at a cost like a lot of people do. Yeah you could do it on your own but this guy is jus offering the service to people that cant figure it out on their own

Guest mcwarre

He is providing information and free unlock software. He is entitled too.

You however have broken the law. By placing the big you enter a contract. You my friend are a total cretin

and no im not joking at all. talk about hypocritical

Get off your high horse. He is not not selling information (i.e. a link to the software, which would be legal) he is actually selling you the software when it is not his to sell.

Don't go shouting about me having broken the law; how do you know I haven't paid for it? If you are going to be critical and abusive you shouldn't assume things, should you?

Firstly, I am not your friend (thank God).

Secondly, a cretin is defined as 'a stupid person' or 'a person who is deformed and mentally handicapped because of congenital thyroid deficiency'. I am neither and therefore any such reference is slander. If anyone is breaking the law it is you.......................

Thirdly, hypocritical is a person who indulges in the practise of claiming that they have higher beliefs or standards than others. I have not inferred, implied or otherwise made reference to this.

However, an ass is informally defined as a foolish or stupid person. Is that what you see when you look in the mirror?

P.S. If English is your first language be so kind as to use it.

Guest skimask
Like I am gonna pay! I used an alias he he he he he
and then

how do you know I haven't paid for it

Judging by the statement you made, I think anyone should feel safe in assuming that you had no intention of paying for it!

So quit back-peddling, just admit you're a muppet instead of writing half a page o bull just to try to prove a point.

Guest nickcornaglia

I also don't believe he did anything wrong by selling his services to unlock the solution.

Many times during the day I am asked to do various mundane things for people who are not the most computer savvy.

I just had to show my boss how to turn the vibrate off on his phone. I showed a salesperson how to right justify text in Word. I have to go over my cousin's house to show him how to send an email. In short, there are many people who need help because they just don't have a clue.

I wish I could charge for my services as well. I just don't have the heart.

It's easy to learn how to drive a car by yourself or by asking a family member to help. Yet, many people still pay for driving school.

He's not robbing anyone. He's just offering a way to teach those who would not have the capacity to find out how to do it on their own.

Guest mcwarre

Skimask,

An id is linked to a credit card, which can be taken for payment.

Judging by the statement you made, I think anyone should feel safe in assuming that you had no intention of paying for it!
Assumption is the mother of all f***ups.

So quit back-peddling, just admit you're a muppet instead of writing half a page o bull just to try to prove a point.

I am not back peddling. I just don't like people abusing me or name calling. It is not 'bull' and I am not trying to prove a point, just clarifying several erroneous statements. Like yours!!!

Guest mcwarre

Cornaglian,

Suppose you wanted to obtain a freeware programme, such as SPV Unlocking Software.

Someone sells you a link. No probs you can pay if you want, link to the site and dowload it from there. The Software owner will allow this.

Someone sells you the information and sends you the programme. Now that is illegal. Plain and simple, no "if's" or "buts". That is what he was selling. Ask the provider of the freeware if he is happy with someone selling software that he has provided for free. Methinks not..................

Guest MARKUKCOUK
how do you know I haven't paid for it?

as well as the fact you've said you havent paid for it, how about the fact the page, and ebay says you havent paid for it?

Oh and you dont like cretin? How about IRRITATING LITTLE s*** WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN ANNOY PEOPLE WHO HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WRONG?

That clearer for you?

--> Uh Oh, here comes a warning! -->

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

No warning, just bear in mind kiddies read this site as well peeps. If you want to exchange insults we have a perfectly good PM system ;p

Guest nickcornaglia
Cornaglian, 

Suppose you wanted to obtain a freeware programme, such as SPV Unlocking Software. 

Someone sells you a link. No probs you can pay if you want, link to the site and dowload it from there. The Software owner will allow this. 

Someone sells you the information and sends you the programme. Now that is illegal. Plain and simple, no "if's" or "buts". That is what he was selling. Ask the provider of the freeware if he is happy with someone selling software that he has provided for free. Methinks not..................

I agree, you shouldn't sell freeware. That IS illegal. I strongly disagree with the original subject of this thread where someone was selling, software...not shareware or freeware. They were selling IA Album, etc which can only be purchased for a fee. That's wrong.

The point I was making was that the second seller was selling instruction on how to unlock your SPV. That is not illegal. Again, It's alittle sleezy, but not illegal. Where can I donate to this site and Coolsmartphone??? The information gained on both is invaluable....well, not invaluable, how 'bout 20 bucks?

Guest nickcornaglia

By the way...I'll ask this again.

Why does software like eWallet and IA Album not have registration codes associated with them like on many PPC softwares. Wouldn't that discourage piracy...at least until someone made a software crack or key generator for the reg codes.

Guest mcwarre

I agree, you shouldn't sell freeware. That IS illegal. I strongly disagree with the original subject of this thread where someone was selling, software...not shareware or freeware. They were selling IA Album, etc which can only be purchased for a fee. That's wrong.

The point I was making was that the second seller was selling instruction on how to unlock your SPV. That is not illegal. Again, It's alittle sleezy, but not illegal. Where can I donate to this site and Coolsmartphone??? The information gained on both is invaluable....well, not invaluable, how 'bout 20 bucks?

Cornaglian,

Agree totally about the original thread. The second seller (well the one that I have mentioned (apologies if they are not the same)) were selling the software, not the link. Trust me, I only like buying software if it is genuine; buying freeware is contradictory to the very reason for freeware. That is all I am saying. Sorry if there are any cross-themes; if someone wants to buy a link fine. If they are being asked to buy freeware, that is Illegal. That is all.

At least you are reasonable and friendly, unlike some. Many thanks.

Kind Regards,

Mick

Guest mcwarre
Mark's last post says it all. you might as well quit while you're behind mate

Skimask,

Apologies if you think it is a case of 'being behind'. I could easily lower myself and insult and abuse another forum member. However, I respect other people views, and although I may disagree with them, I can have a reasoned debate without resorting to insults or abuse, as I am sure that you could.

Kind Regards,

Mick

Guest mcwarre
Oh and you dont like cretin? How about IRRITATING LITTLE s*** WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN ANNOY PEOPLE WHO HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WRONG?

That clearer for you?

;) :) :D ;) :) ;)

Ooh! Your'e so hurtfull...............................................

;) ;) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you know you've done wrong why post it?

If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything.

Insults will not be tolerated.

And incase you are wondering I'm not as forgiving as Mono,

you've been warned :evil:

Guest mcwarre
He called me mentally impaired

Where? If you take the time to re-read all the posts, I have said nothing of the kind. I don't go in for insults, unlike you, just reasonable debate. You should try it. Your opinion might be more valued then instead of having to be warned about abusive messages.

You have an opinion and I have mine; let's leave it at that and move on. Fair enough??

Guest MARKUKCOUK

fair enuf.

once last note to others: i wasnt making it up, apparently im mentally impaired, as he said in a PM. Anyway, yeah leave it at that

Guest mcwarre

Re-read the PM....

It actually said (to paraphrase) that "people who resort to abusive language generally have a poor command of the English Language or are mentally impaired. Which are you?"

Now, you inferred (took a meaning out that wasn't implied (saying one thing but meaning another)) something that wasn't said.

The answer is either "poor command of the English Language", "mentally impaired" or "neither".

Topic locked....... : lol :