Phone Settings Repository

Guest Syvwlch

Guest coastalbumm

I NEED SERIOUS HELP!

I don't know why, but I cannot get IE to connect to the net. I have a MPx200, running the newest ROM of 2003 with the HelloMoto startup as opposed to the cartman. I have Cingular. I have been glued to the computer for hours upon hours. Ive tried a few roms. No luck. I've gone to the settings list and tried all of them, but i still cant connect. But my phone works great for voice and SMS works too. WTF?

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Im good at the stuff, and Im stumped and pulling out my hair.

Nic

[email protected]

Guest COOL^J

Hi All

would some nice person help me i have just got my mpx200 and i have been trying for the last 6 hours to get it set up for net i have tried these settings below.I'm on pay as you go on O2-UK but being new to this having trouble. O2 have set me up and have the little G at the top of the screen but i cant seem to find all these settings please help

Create proxy

Description : O2 WAP proxy

The Internet, WAP Network, 193.113.200.195, WAP

(can also use proxy 193.113:200:195:8080, Type=HTTP)

Create GPRS connection

Description: O2 WAP

The Internet, payandgo.o2.co.uk, payandgo, password

Create Dial Up connection

Description: O2 CSD

The Internet, 44, 7712, 927927, o2wap, password

In data connection make

Internet connection=O2 CSD (uses HTTP for HTML & WML pages)

WAP connection = O2 WAP or O2 CSD (uses WSP for WML pages)

In Internet explorer, tick 'Automatically detect settings'.

MMS settings

Settings-Data Connections - Edit GPRS connections

Description : O2 MMS

Connects to : Orange MMS

Access point: payandgo.o2.co.uk

Username: payandgo

Password: password

Programs - Accessories - MMS setup

First field: O2 MMS

IP: 193.113.200.195

Port: 9201

Mmsc Address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

Guest martin

COOL^J

Have you got it working yet ? If not, this is what you need to do.

Goto Menu-Settings-Data connections, Menu-Edit connections.

Enter the Dial Up, proxy and GPRS connections (by pressing action key) and delete any existing connections using Menu-Delete.

1 Go back to Dial Up Connections and use Menu-Add to create the O2 CSD connection.

2 Goto GPRS connections and create the O2 GPRS WAP connection.

3 Goto proxy connections and create the O2 proxy (use proxy 193.113:200:195:8080, Type=HTTP)

4 Go to the Data connections menu and set the 'Internet connection' to O2 CSD and the 'WAP connection' to O2 GPRS WAP.

Load Internet Explorer and go to Menu-Options-Connections. UNTICK 'auto detect settings' and make 'Select Network: WAP network'.

This should allow you to connect to HTML pages like http://www.google.com using WAP over GPRS :P If you want to connect to WML pages like http://wap.02.co.uk using GPRS WAP then change the proxy to port 9201 and Type=WAP.

To use the O2 CSD connection (GSM dialup) make 'Select Network: The internet' in the Internet Explorer options.

Hope this helps :D

Guest COOL^J

thanks martin but it don't really make any sense half the things i cant find like O2 CDS i think it was a big mistake getting this phone LOL to technical for me

thanks againe martin for taking the time

Guest martin

Stick with it COOL^J :wink:

The labels O2 CSD, O2 WAP and O2 proxy are just a text description when you create a new connection using Menu-Add. You could call them Cool CSD, Cool WAP and Cool proxy or anything else if you wanted to :P These are simply labels and are not part of the general O2 data.

If you are unsure then create the Dialup connection first (O2 CSD or whatever you want to call it) and then make 'Internet connection: O2 CSD) in the Data connections menu.

In internet Explorer make 'Select network: The internet'

You should be able to make a dialup connection. Try and connect to a www.google.com in IE and you should see two arrows next the signal bars indicating GSM dialup connection/

If you get that working then go back and create the GPRS connection and proxy connection and set IE to 'Select Network: WAP connection'. When you connect to www.google.com you should see a small G next to the signal bars.

Guest martin

Which one ?

You've got the black G in a white box in the top centre of the display that shows you are GPRS attached (when you turn the phone on) and then there is a small G next to the signal bars when you attempt to make a connection to the internet using GPRS.

Guest COOL^J

hi martin when i try ti connect there is small g next to the battery meter all it says in the top left is dialing and the other side a symbol om a phone and man above the phone and thats it just hangs there

thanks

Guest martin

I think you are right - I tried going via the O2 proxy server and I can't seem to get through port 8080 for some reason. I wonder if O2 have changed it :?

Set the proxy to 193.113.200.195:9201, Type=WAP (for WML pages)

Then try and connect to wap.o2.co.uk or www.google.com/wml

I have tried this and port 9201 works OK but its WML pages only.

Not sure why port 8080 is not working as it was Ok before.

It's used for WAP 2.0 (HTML) so hopefully it's just a temporary fault.

Guest coastalbumm

Hmmm....

I still havent had any luck martin.

I called cingular last night, and they were absolutely no help.

I swear, Im starting to wonder if something is up

One question quick though, My MPx200 wont read contacts off my cingular sim. im wondering if maybe im having sim problems and that would be affecting my ability to connect. Do you have AIM or MSN?

AIM: burtonair8

MSN: [email protected]

Guest martin

coastalbumm

The best thing to do is find out if any of the connections are available to you.

First just make sure that 'idle disconnect time after' is 5 or 10 minutes in Settings-Data connections, Menu-Options. Then in Settings-Data connections delete all existing dialup, proxy and GPRS connections.

Create a single GPRS connection.

Description: Cingular GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: WAP.CINGULAR

User name: [email protected]

Password: ZJULDAGEN98810

Set 'Internet connection: Cingular GPRS' in main Data connections menu.

In internet Explorer UNTICK 'auto detect settings' and make 'Select Network: WAP network'

Try and connect to www.google.com and note down any error message.

Edit the above GPRS connection and change it to...

Access point: ISP.CINGULAR

User name: [email protected]

Password: CINGULAR1

Try and connect to www.google.com and note down any error message.

What exact error message do you get for both of these and does the small disappear after connection attempts ?

Guest coastalbumm

SWEET!

I dont know why, but those settings wouldnt work before. seems to work pretty good now though. Well, as I am writing this, it gave me the same alert for www.aol.com

damnit

Guest martin

What error do you get with the other APN ?

BTW Remember to disconnect the existing GPRS session (hold down red key) before trying any new settings :wink:

Guest coastalbumm

WTF!

martin, so before certain pages wouldnt load, but now it is once again not working. at all.

Error

Unable to connect. Verify you have network coverage and try again.

Guest martin

The reason for testing both APN's is to check for any possible faults on the network. I was expecting WAP.CINGULAR to give 'page not found' and ISP.CINGULAR to give 'unable to connect'. This is woudl be based on not being subscribed to the Cingular GPRS Internet service (APN ISP.CINGULAR).

If you had 'unable to connect' for both APN's then it could have meant a communication problem to the SGSN.

I can't remember if Cingular force the use of the proxy connection for the WAP APN but I would not try inputing that now. It usually the reason for the page not found error with the WAP APN.

1 Make sure the Cingular GPRS connection has APN WAP.CINGULAR +username/password.

2 Make sure 'WAP connection = Cingular GPRS'.

3 Create the WAP proxy connection

Description: Cingular proxy

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP network

Proxy (name:port): 66.209.11.61:9201

Type=WAP

In IE, untick auto detect and select WAP network.

Test www.google.com and www.google.com/wml

Change proxy to 66.209.11.61:9201, Type=HTTP

Test www.google.com and www.google.com/wml

Use Menu-refresh to confirm loading of pages from net (not memory).

Guest zerosignull

i have a o2(uk) payg sim and a e200. how do i make it so i conect to the internet via gprs and not wap? i think i have the mms settings right.

mr_end: just out of interest are you on o2 payg and what package were you using? do you have to have a package that has free MMS to be able to send and receve MMS?

Guest markbrouwer

Hi,

Is there anyone that has working settings for a Motorola MPX200 on Vodafone GPRS in The Netherlands (contract)? I have tried all settings in this thread but I keep getting "Unable to connect, check blah blah...."

Talked to the Vodafone helpdesk and they assured me my account was set for the live.vodafone.com access point. Plan to talk to Motorola tomorrow.

I have GPRS coverage and I get the small G indicating a GPRS connection, but that is as far as it goes.

While connected to my laptop thru ActiveSynch it will connect to the internet but of course the intent is to do it without a laptop

Thanks for any help that comes my way.

Mark

Guest markbrouwer

Hi again,

Talked to Motorola, could not really help me except to refer me to their repair facility. Called them and they said a new ROM flash might solve the problem.

While at work I decided to try my GPRS connection again and to my big surprise it worked perfectly.

Long story short, I talked to a Vodafone technician and after 45 minutes of testing (phone off, phone on, GPRS on/off, and different settings) we came to the conclusion that the local GSM mast was the cause. They're working on fixing it.

Settings that now work:

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: live.vodafone.com

User name: vodafone

Password: vodafone

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0.

IP address: blank

Internet Explorer connection settings:

Automatically detect settings: off

Select network: The Internet

Mark

Guest steveb1973

:P :D :lol: GPRS generic settings

As requested, I have listed the generic GPRS settings below for you.

Name O2 WAP GPRS

APN payandgo.o2.co.uk

Default URL http://payandgo.O2.co.uk

Port 9201

Security Off

IP Address 193.113.200.195

Linger time 120 seconds

Username payandgo

password password

MMS Generic Settings

Profile Name - O2 MMS

Server URL - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

Gateway IP - 193.113.200.195

Bearer Type - select GPRS, Press Menu select Edit

AccessPointName - payandgo.o2.co.uk

User ID - payandgo

User Password - Password

Authentication - Normal

http://www.o2.co.uk/mediamessaging/info/0,,166,00.html

: :D

Guest jhendu

Martin..

I have been reading your conversation with the coast guy..I did everything you said, however everytime I try and connect, I get the error message "unable to connect" ....no matter what...

I have cingulars service (at least I asked them and they said yes)

suggestions..?