When did this start working?

Guest Rob.P

Guest Charlie Mouse

Okay, so what is it then? It doesn't work for me. I haven't got the lounge thingy, I haven't got the keyboard update, my Media Player says it is fully up to date and there are no updates for XP that look even vaguely like they might have anything to do with this. Whats going on here?

Guest James

ok just installed media player 9 on win2000pro, i can see everything on the phone/soragecard but cant move things onto it, all i get is a error.

Charlie Mouse, goto 'help' then 'about' and check the version.

(i don not have the latest keyboard drivers or music lounge)

Guest Rob.P

The only recent update for the desktop OS I can think it would be was the DirectX 9 runtime files that was recently available as an update.

Will let you know if it is the keyboard update, currently updating my workmates phone on via my computer, before the update WMP9 would not recognise his phone the way it does mine, will let you know the results when it's done.

Guest Rob.P

I can confirm it is the keyboard update or something to do with that process.

I have just finished updating my workmates phone (I also then unlocked it with OTA) then checked it through WMP9 and I got a space reading on his SD Card. So it is worth doing the update if you rely on WMP9 and want the functionality.

Also as an additional, I haven't exprienced any problems with the OTA de-cert method.

*EDIT* Just to be precise an all, the other two updates I have done recently on the desktop OS are the Virtual Machine and the .NET 1.1 updates. You never know could be one of those or a combination of those and the ROM update.

Guest Charlie Mouse

Finally, a working fully working Media Player!

I will be forced to update my phone as well. Are there any other improvements with this update?

Guest Rob.P

^ same as, haven't come across any others so far, will start keeping an eye on the various menu's on the phone in case some added functionality has been snuck in there :lol:

Cheeky beggers at Microsoft, what's their game "this update will improve their phones, but we won't tell them in what way it's improved".

There's probably some functionality in there for destroying the world but I haven't found it yet, will let everyone know when I do ;)

Guest Rob.P

Especially if turns out to be a big red warning that says don't press/activate, what chance would we all stand then, human nature being what it is :lol:

Guest Rob.P

mrjuglas could you let us know what updates you have installed?

You can get a list of the Windows update site, it's on the left hand side under update section "installation history" I think it's called. Might help us pin-point what it is that kicks it off.

Guest fraser

It's not the Keyboard update, I can guarantee it!!

Trust me. I personally found the Media Player problem before, and I've verified that it works now. I have not downloaded anything to do with the keyboard update, nor have I used the Orange Update tool.

I have however installed these MS Updates:

Successful 12 April 2003 814033: Critical Update Automatic update

Successful 11 April 2003 816093: Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine (Microsoft VM) Automatic update

Successful 27 March 2003 331953: Security Update (Windows 2000) Automatic update

Successful 23 March 2003 814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.6, Windows 2000, Windows XP) Automatic update

Successful 18 March 2003 Q815021: Security Update Automatic update

It could be any one of these, I doubt that the original problem was actually an issue with Media Player itself, more the underlying systems that communicate with the phone.

Or, Media Player could be dialing home and autoupdating. I'm pretty sure that when you start it up, it does say "hello" to the MS servers.

IAASE

(I am a software engineer)

Guest fraser

Besides, it's a crap way to put your music on the phone. When I tried it, it changed the file name of some of the tracks, breaking the playlist I set up. There are better tools out there, like Smart MP3, but it's still in beta.

Guest mrjuglas

I second Fraser, but here's a list of updates installed on my Windows 2000 pro system...

Successful 13 April 2003 814033: Critical Update Automatic update

Successful 13 April 2003 816093: Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine (Microsoft VM) Automatic update

Successful 27 March 2003 331953: Security Update (Windows 2000) Automatic update

Successful 21 March 2003 814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.6, Windows 2000, Windows XP) Automatic update

Successful 19 March 2003 Q815021: Security Update Automatic update

Successful 20 February 2003 813951: Update for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Automatic update

Guest Rob.P

Well it's still a mystery then.

I've never had those probs fraser, so don't mind using WMP9 unles I need to really conserve space then I'll use MP3 format so that I can really squash.

Hmmm, XP is d/loading an auto-update as I type this. Most odd, considering that the windows update site says that my pc is up to date. :lol: I'll make a note of the update, just incase it has any effect.

still havent got the update yet ;) It's d/loading intermittently, and sslloowwllyy. Will yet u know as soon as it sorts itself out. Might be looking at after easter at this rate, lol :lol:

Guest Rob.P

Yay! Confusion over ;) That's 4 phones now that I know have been updated and now work with WMP9.

once is luck

twice is a coincidence

thrice is proof positive