When did this start working?

Guest Rob.P

Guest Charlie Mouse

Okay, this might be in the wrong place or been covered before but how easy is the update to install? Any loss of info? Hard Reset? It relocks the phone doesn't it? Is the Orange unlock site working?

Guest fraser

I still disagree. As I've said, I noticed the WMP9 problem ages ago, I may have posted on it here as well. It works for me now, and I've not even downloaded the ROM update.

Correlation != causation. 100% of drug addicts drank milk as a baby. Doesn't mean anything though.

Guest Charlie Mouse

Well it definitely didn't work for me last night. There were no updates available for Media Player and none that looked useful for XP.

I am in the process of installing the ROM update now, although I will have to wait until I finish work to see if it cures the problem. At least that way we will know one way or the other if it is the update...

Will let you all know what happens.

Guest Rob.P

Well if it works for Charlie after the update then I think you are just special fraser (errr... you can take that last bit however you want ;) I just mean your phone is different and maybe quirky)

Guest srider

Well, I've just installed the keyboard update, made no difference WMP9. And the O unlock site is down so I'm stuck with a locked SPV, d'oh!

Guest James

nothing to do wiht the unlock procedure is it? cos thats the only other thing i did!

1. got the phone

2. unlocked it manualy

3. applied UK1 update

4. wmp did not work at this point

5. installed 1.3.7 rom update

6. unlocked it again from the orange site

7. wmp is working!

thats it...no windows updates applied!

Guest Charlie Mouse

I just installed the new update and unlocked my phone using the Orange site and it all worked fine (the unlock procedure, not WMP). Will try WMP later when I get home. So far I have done exactly the same procedure as jlowap so hopefully it will work for me too... ;)

Will let you know later.

Guest fraser

Possibly. The jury is out until someone gets more data, or manages to replicate then fix the problem. If you feel like working this out, remember to only change one thing at a time!

Guest srider
Possibly. The jury is out until someone gets more data, or manages to replicate then fix the problem. If you feel like working this out, remember to only change one thing at a time!

I did the keyboard update earlier, still no go with wmp9. Just did over the air unlock, and wmp9 works!

Guest Charlie Mouse

Okay, I did the keyboard update and then the OTA unlock and WMP works fine!!!! Looks like its possibly the unlock thing that did it though judging from srider's post...

Either way its working!

Guest mrjuglas
 Looks like its possibly the unlock thing that did it though judging from srider's post

Yes, I also unlocked over the air, no keyboard update and Media Player works - it sounds plausible

I can confirm that it IS the OTA dev unlock that makes media player work. Just used it to unlock my spv (even tho it was unlocked already via the old method) and media player is working perfectly. Sweet! ;)

Guest pablo diablo

just de cert my SPV. new, unused orange card-do u think i can load tracks to card-hell no. tells me "not enough space".

Beats the bejesus outa me

:evil:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

When you say Orange card, i assume you mean the Orange 8meg SD card?

If it is its full with bundled apps. It also formats down to only 6.5 meg...

You'll probably only be able to fit a couple of tracks at best onto that card. If media player doesnt work, try copying them over using active sync.