GPRS Promotion Pack Continuing

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Chic0

High usage defined as 30mb!?

I don't have an internet connection at home so I've been using my SPV as a modem. It isnt the fastest but it does the job. Anyway, I've been using well over 200mb according to my last two bills. Orange have never contacted me to tell me i've been abusing it. I'll keep on doing the same until the promo runs out :)

Guest FrankyG

Just to add to the pot.....just been into an Orange Glasgow shop and just for fun asked the bloke when the GPRS promo ends for existing users. He called up 156 (I think) and was told that it ends at the end of May...but Orange may extend it again. Funny, just as he was making the call to 156, he asked his boss about the GPRS pack and the boss stated, 'It ended the end of April.' 'Na' he says, 'They extended it'. Boss says 'No one told me.' LOL

FrankyG

Guest idavid

i hope you are sure thats the GPRS pack and not some other pack? i was offered a 'free three month access pack' or something and the bloke clearly didnt know what he was talking about. he said i would be able to surf but not use email (??) got a bit suspicious and it turned out (after he went to find out what he was talking about) was some wap only connection, that wouldnt let me use half the phones features! :?

but if you are on the gprs deal.... you lucky, lucky.... :)

Guest deano_uk

Right, I got my SPV on Wednesday after having my Everyday 50 contract for 12 months. They've put me on the £4/month price plan :shock: . That's just rediculous tbph.

How far will 2MB go? I use it mainly for MSN while away from a fixed net connection. The phone itself is pretty sweet.

I hope they bring out a new promotional plan; my guess is.. if they are going to release the Tanager, they're going to need a new unmetered connection tarrif to get people onto the network. Not sure what the score will be for existing customers.

:wink: Knew I shoulda gone to T-mobile

Guest ajb3000

woah, I just got my bill and they have charged me for the promotion pack up to 9th June (My billing date), I like this :)

Guest morpheus

Starting very soon, there will be a new GPRS promotion available.....

It is called OPEN ACCESS, it give 3 months free GPRS..

Just 1 major drawback for you guys, it is only available to people who have not yet been on any GPRS promotions !!!

Starts this week........

Morpheus

Guest Paul [MVP]

My billing date is the 25th, so hopefully i'll have free GPRS until the 25th June :)

The ability to log on to MSN and check e-mail thru the day (and view Mobile MoDaCo of course) is what really *makes* the SPV for me!

P

Guest okocha10

i foned orange 2day and they told my £6 unlimited gprs package will continue until my contract is up( well, unless i change my handset or i think they said tariff aswell, but i cant remember). so far im being charged for the £6 package until May the 16th, so if it gets changed for my bill for June i will be having a word with Orange.

WOO HOO - 7th June for me... So much for April 30th hey!!! Guess I'd better use my 10MB this month. Incidently, you get charged sh1t loads for using GPRS abroad. I Forget the exact £/MB but it must be horrendous. I only checked the Arsenal score once and it cost me 70p, unless I got drunk and started showing the Swiss people some "romance" sites ;-)

Guest lycrawearer
Morpheous wrote;

Starting very soon, there will be a new GPRS promotion available..... 

It is called OPEN ACCESS, it give 3 months free GPRS.. 

Just 1 major drawback for you guys, it is only available to people who have not yet been on any GPRS promotions !!! 

Morpheous - is this right ?

I just changed the tariff on my SPV to the HSCSD plan @ £10 month (seeing as I've sold my SPV), and also cancelled my SPV promo pack - the kind lady offered me 3 months free GPRS access. This was earlier this week, and I've still been using GPRS on that sim ....

I also rang Orange about another matter the following day - and confirmed with the operator that I had indeed been changed !

Lycrawearer