Announcing first beta of PocketTV - MPEG video player

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest Vector
Wots the easiest way to encode video files as mpeg and configure it correctly for the spv ???

Have a look at the first post in this thread, and click on the link :wink:

Guest The PocketTV Team
Wots the easiest way to encode video files as mpeg and configure it correctly for the spv ???

And a couple of pages up in this thread, we have published a TMPGEnc settings file and some instructions that should work well in most case.

A little note about encoding 16x9 or so video (i.e. "wide screen" format, rather than "TV" format). Try using a size like 208x120 or 224x104, which is about the same surface as 176x136. Then remove the black bands from the source image using the "Clip" advanced option.

Also remember that stereo is much harder to decode than mono, so if you encode in stereo (or joint-stereo), the fps will decrease... unless you select to play in mono (in the audio options of PocketTV).

Guest The PocketTV Team

SpaceCowboy

> Cool. I've had another problem tho (soz) i did have it working cos' the first time I installed it it came up with the trailer for pockettv - i then deleted pocket mvp and now when i put one of your mpegs on it doesnt show the proper icon (even after a refresh) and it says "file association not available!" i know there is a simple fix for this but cant find it. Help would be much appreciated cos'

If you have this problem, just select in PocketTV Menu > Options > Files > File Association .

It will fix the problem.

> this is THE best app. on the SPV so far and I need to show it off to eveyone lol !!

Thanks, it's nice to hear that!

Please use the forums for questions of general interest, like this one. I don't answer private messages unless it is justified (i.e. confidential/private). Thanks.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Still cant get it - nippy - Davidrm had this problem didnt you m8 - how'd u fix it ?? As i said it was working before I deleted Pocket MVP....

Guest spacecowboy6982

Nope - sorry - it just doesnt want to workm going to delete everything associated with PocketTV/MVP and re-install the cab - cheers anyway.

Guest The PocketTV Team

UPDATED.

We have released a new beta, with a nice Button Mapping dialog that works (finally!).

It is in Options > Buttons

;)

Guest Geary

Hiya everyone

Right i have 256mb card and think it wud be ace to put a couple of episodes of the simpsons on so when im bored on the bus. My problem is i have no idea how to convert them into the smaller file for the spv does, can someone please tell what i need to step by step to get the best quality.

Thanks

Guest The PocketTV Team
Hiya everyone  

Right i have 256mb card and think it wud be ace to put a couple of episodes of the simpsons on so when im bored on the bus. My problem is i have no idea how to convert them into the smaller file for the spv does, can someone please tell what i need to step by step to get the best quality.

Thanks

Look a few pages up, it's explained in this thread.

Guest jim80b

hey, im back... again.

this time no probs with the cab :-)

but exe complains with signing issue

ohh, and after i copy the working exe (but i guess its got no updates) it works apart from the reg is still set to use ipsm instead of storage card.

why not put a shortcut there???

Guest jim80b

guys, i must have weirdest phone on the planet then. i cant find a app i can run except yours!!!!!!

its a bit frustrating and means i am going to be using the divx player when i have been comparing them and both have good bonus's.

but beggers can't be choosers and at the moment am def choosing mvp

Guest The PocketTV Team

Are you trying to run PocketTV from the phone's internal memory ?

This does not work because of a MS bug (in the OS). Until MS comes up with a path of the OS, you *must* install the exe file on an external Storage Card.

Guest jim80b

when asked where to install i chose the storage card, it put the exe and elua there and the mpeg in the ipsmmy docs

when trying to run the shortcut, it says dig sign error, i copy over a old exe and it works fine except when smartexplorer opens a file it cant find the exe as the reg pointed to the ipsm, i change that to the storage card and it works fine

Guest The PocketTV Team
when asked where to install i chose the storage card, it put the exe and elua there and the mpeg in the ipsmmy docs

when trying to run the shortcut, it says dig sign error, i copy over a old exe and it works fine except when smartexplorer opens a file it cant find the exe as the reg pointed to the ipsm, i change that to the storage card and it works fine

Looks like there is some kind of problem in your SPV that prevents you from running the PocketTV executable from our most recent CAB file.

I don't think anyone else has the problem. Maybe you should should consider doing a hard reset some day ?

Guest The PocketTV Team

Has anyone been able to use the Button Mapping feature that's available in our latest CAB file ?

PocketTV > Options > Buttons

We'd like some feedback (i.e. is it working ? Is it easy to use ? other comments ?) Thanks!

Guest The PocketTV Team

> Pocket TV great app

Thanks (still an early beta, missing many important features).

> any chance of supporting more file formats?

PocketTV will support only MPEG for the time being. If you prefer, you can use other formats or other applications to play video. MPEG works well and if the files are correctly encoded, they can be quite small (150 Kbit/sec or less).

Guest terminater2_uk

Just tried the app for the first time. Put Ice-Age and Monsters Inc demos on storage card. Works perfectly. Great app.

Guest The PocketTV Team

Thanks ;)

We're still trying to get feedback regarding the new button mapping feature (Menu > Options > Buttons). Is it working ? Is it easy to use ? other comments ?

BTW there is a small bug that prevents opening files from working from a file explorer (except for the first file) if PocketTV is not registered, even during the 7-day grace period.

The next BETA will fix this problem. The workaround is just to register as soon as you install PocketTV.

Guest jellybaby

I've just had a play with the button mapping. All seems to work fine, pretty easy to use. Would be nice to be able to scroll down to a particular button and just change that, but other wise....top program

Guest The PocketTV Team
I've just had a play with the button mapping. All seems to work fine, pretty easy to use. Would be nice to be able to scroll down to a particular button and just change that, but other wise....top program

You mean in the first list ?

Yes, I though about it. I think that selecting a button/command in the list should go in the mapping window, with this button and command set in the spinners, so you just have to change one of them...