Announcing first beta of PocketTV - MPEG video player

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest MoRFLeZ

LoL .. that is so lame *snort*!

And yes, you've made an excellent program! *pats her PocketTV*

About the underscore Stoutman... it appears to be a 'bug' in RegEdit, that doesn't give you the symbols when you hold down #.

Do it via RemoteDisplay or remove the underscore from the program...

Guest MoRFLeZ

Well .. it's a program that allows you to 'control' your spv via your computer!

You start it up on your SPV and on your PC and you can use your keyboard instead of the tiny lil keys on your phone!

You can get it here: >>Click Me

It doesn't take long to install and master, and I use it a lot for screenshots, texting (while at my PC) and even snake *shameful cheating look*

Edited: Oh btw it's called RemoteDSP

Guest ambro

the problem im having making the cab is that there is a double "

i can get one of the entries in but not the other one =(

=""Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe" "%1""

Guest MoRFLeZ

How about just the first that makes the program work! The other is just for icons, so that should be fairly easy to do via RegEdit, if the first one is already in place!?

Guest Vector

I don't understand about the strings thing, is it possible for anyone to make a step by step guide of what keys to press, and yes,i've run the file association thing :roll:

Guest casper508

Ive followed the steps and have created both the keys and also run the associations. Now, when I select a file from the explorer nothing happens and pocketTV sits on the blank screen. Any ideas?

Cas

Guest The PocketTV Team

=""Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe" "%1""

Don't waste your time making a CAB file, we'll make an installer tomorrow...

Guest The PocketTV Team
Ive followed the steps and have created both the keys and also run the associations. Now, when I select a file from the explorer nothing happens and pocketTV sits on the blank screen. Any ideas?

Are you sure you selected an MPEG file ? (try with the samples files from http://www.pockettv.com/mpg/sp ).

Select 'Back' in the PocketTV menu, and try again (i.e. start Smart Explorer from the menu and try to open an MPEG file). What happens ?

Guest MoRFLeZ

Step by Step (and no I don't think you're an eeeedjit! Just making it really obvious what I did)

1) Start Up Reg Edit

2) Enter HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

3) Menu // New Key

4) Call this key: pockettv_mpgfileShellOpenCommand

5) Go to the Key you created, and when standing in the 'Command' window press Values (left soft key)

6) Menu // New Value // String

7) Value Name: Default

8 ) Value data: "Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe" "%1"

And you're done!

Now for the Icons to work

1) Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

2) Then to your key pockettv_mpgfile

3) Menu // New Key

4) Call the new key DefaultIcon

5) Enter the key

6) Press Values // Menu // New Value // String

7) Value Name: Default

8 ) Value data: Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe,0

I hope this helps...

Guest casper508

Are you sure you selected an MPEG file ? (try with the samples files from http://www.pockettv.com/mpg/sp ).

Select 'Back' in the PocketTV menu, and try again (i.e. start Smart Explorer from the menu and try to open an MPEG file). What happens ?

Yes im using the iceage file but still no luck. I've double checked the keys. Although the icon for mpeg files hasnt changed on the file selector despite adding the reg key.

Guest spacemonkey

Ambro, don't know about cab files, but in most other microsoft products you can put quotes within quotes by double quoting. An example cos that sentence doesn't read well ;)

"fish" gives us fish right

Now """fish""" gives us "fish"

or "fi""sh" gives us fi"sh

or """fi""sh""" gives us "fi"sh"

So at the start of your string you need a single quote and at the end a single quote, then anywhere within the string you want a quote put it in twice.

So the line your after could be :

="""Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe"" ""%1"""

Guest The PocketTV Team

Yes im using the iceage file but still no luck. I've double checked the keys. Although the icon for mpeg files hasnt changed on the file selector despite adding the reg key.

If the icon has not changed to the small blue TV, that indicates that the system cannot find the pockettv exe file at the location indicated in the registry keys.

Are you certain that you placed pockettv_sp_beta.exe in Storage Card ?

Check the registry keys, there may be a typo in one of them ?

Guest The PocketTV Team
The backlight does go off, when the actual clip restarts the light manages to come back on its self (using the repeat function in fullmode)

i've tried deselecting the backlight function and selecting it again however it does not do the trick

Assuming you set the backlight to a 10 sec timout, does the backlight go off after 10 sec while playing ?

Or does it go off after a longer time ?

Guest casper508
If the icon has not changed to the small blue TV, that indicates that the system cannot find the pockettv exe file at the location indicated in the registry keys.

Are you certain that you placed pockettv_sp_beta.exe in Storage Card ?

Check the registry keys, there may be a typo in one of them ?

Ok just to check this I changed the name of the exe and I got FILE NOT FOUND error when selecting it from SMARTEXPLORER. Changed it back and it loads the PLAYER but not the FILE as before. The icon still hasn't changed though.

Cas