Announcing first beta of PocketTV - MPEG video player

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest Vector

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SSSSSSSSSSSS, your da man ambro ;) :) :D ;) :)

Guest ambro

=) messing about right now with the mpg files, no problem with the update heh.... i think my 256mb sd card will do for now =) im encodin the nike advert right now to show you how good the quality of it can be =)

Guest theodotcom

Just managed to get this installed and working and i have to say it is amazing, the quality is very impressive, thanks and keep up the good work!!!!

Guest The PocketTV Team
This might be a bit premature but in a finished version would there be any chance of a fast forward or at least making it so that when a call interupted your movie watching it would restart at the point at which you left off.  

Just wondering...

Yes, absolutely, Fast Forward will be available (mapped on a button), and PocketTV will save the position in the movie.

Not all the feature are implemented yet, but there is enough to make it already nice to use, we think. That's why we released it as a beta.

Also we'll add a feature allowing you to seek into the movie, i.e. advance, go back and maybe go to a particular point.

Guest The PocketTV Team

We found a bug in the CAB installer that causes the problem that some of you have:

The CAB installer does not update %InstallDir% when installing an app on the Storage Card.

Here is what I have in my .inf file:

; Required Section;

[Version]

Signature="$Windows NT$"

Provider="MpegTV"

CESignature="$Windows CE$"

; CE-specific strings...

[CEStrings]

AppName = "PocketTV"

InstallDir = %CE1%PocketTV ; by default, install in IPSM

[...]

[RegSection]

HKCR,pockettv_mpgfile,,0x00000000,"MPEG-1 Movie"

HKCR,pockettv_mpgfile,EditFlags,0x00010001,65536

HKCR,pockettv_mpgfileDefaultIcon,,0x00000000,"%InstallDir%PocketTV.exe,0"

HKCR,pockettv_mpgfileShellOpenCommand,,0x00000000,"""%InstallDir%PocketTV.exe"" ""%%1"""

When I select the option to install on the Storage Card (with the CAB installer on the phone), it puts the app in an InstallDir located on the Storage Card (Storage CardProgram FilesMpegTVPocketTV), but the Registry keys that are created contain the wrong value! (still using the InstallDir from the CAB file, not the new InstallDir selected by the user, i.e. on the Storage Card).

For example, HKCRpockettv_mpgfileDefaultIcon 's default value

gets set to "IPSMProgram FilesPocketTVPocketTV.exe,0"

and that is not good! it should be set to:

"Storage CardProgram FilesPocketTVPocketTV.exe,0"

This is really ennoying, as it prevents applications from being correctly installed on a Storage Card. But because of the IPSM file system bug, large applications (like PocketTV) cannot run when installed on IPSM, so they must be installed on a Storage Card until this problem is solve.

The combination of this two bugs is very ennoying!

Geez, I hope MS will fix that!

Guest ambro

hmmm was that the problem =),

looks you'll have to set it to update the keys manually with out the variable.... which my reg thing did hehe...

instead of the %installdir% just use Storage CardProgram FilesPocketTV

=)

also some people had problems with the .mpeg extension not registering... for example thats what i added on to the updater before when Davidrm was having a problem because the .mpeg file was not registered maybe only the .mpg file got updated...

Guest The PocketTV Team
In the encoding program all the options like resizing and stuff are greyed out and i can't use them :roll:

Don't use the encoding wizard!