PocketDivx 8R Beta1

Guest malloc

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

De-certing the old way puts your phone in "manager mode". Whatever software Orange use to modify your settings may be confused by this non-standard state and not reply or respond correctly...

What ~would~ be interesting is for someone to leave SP Task Manager or Tasklist running when they next request an un/lock, and note down any processes or applications that are created/terminated before the "Successfully un/locked" message arrives...

Indeed there's a problem seeking in MP3! And since I decided to give up on WMP I am very happy you Malloc decided to continue with this project! TA VERY MUCH!! As for MP3 - a bigger 'time', centred maybe would be nice. Also I noticed that Jump To feature won't work properly - soft reboot needed and some other features did too. Only on MP3s so far. Playlist editor also froze it and some other features did too..

But man, am I glad to see progress on this beauty!! Please don't give up malloc, we all cherish you!! (erm, I think) ;)

Guest malloc

Thanks a lot for the good feedback ;)

I'll try to find the bug in the MP3 seek feature asap, if you find

other nasty bugs like this please report them with (if possible)

the detail of what you did :wink:

Note : the crashes I had using PocketDivx never necessited

a Soft Reset. Pressing Home, and using TaskManager to kill

the process always did the trick... and if the backlight stays

on after the crash, just change the Settings in Power

Management...

malloc

Guest jim80b

hey malloc, i got a bug where i have a lot of files that come up on open, i cant see the last one, i know its there and can select it but it doesnt show in the list. it there a way to get mpv Not to look into a dir, i got some audio for a game in mp3 format and it adds 40 items to the top of the list making it a pain to find a vid clip

thanks

Guest ClintEastman

Welcome to My Matrix Experiment.....

www.clinteastman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/my_matrix_experiment.zip

This is the best i can get it, at a good quality runing at 24fps (most of the time)...

If there was a wee bit more grunt!!

tell me how it runs for you as i have seen this trailer about 400 times now, it's getting hard to see straight. ;)

Guest ClintEastman

That's at a higher bitrate than "my Final matrix trailer", remember all the other DivX stuff is encoded at 10fps.... This is at 24fps.....

Guest ClintEastman

No, it doesn't run at 24 ALL the time (but is encoded at 24fps).. But the one i did for "the other player" doesn't ether...

Put it this way, it has taken the last 4 hours of work to get it to run like that!!!

Guest ClintEastman
Just a case of fine tuning I suppose.

It's been fine tuned out of it's head....

Before if you tried this framerate you would get about 3sec of video and then just audio!

Guest jim80b

eastman, can you post some settings, i get the 3 sec of vid :-(

i got a music vid encoded at 120k 5.03 codec, but i tried stereo. bad frame rates, but looks as good if not better than other player...

Guest siu99spj

Well, as if to appease Malloc, I'm already trying to get PocketMVP working with 5.0.5, especially as I could get the previous version working with 5.0.3 anyway. (Look for my guide in one of the threads. The encoded attachment in the zip was done with DivX 5.0.3)

However, DivX's sudden upgrade between 5.0.4 and 5.0.5 was rather annoying. Almost worked with 5.0.4 (kinda slow, no sound) and then poof, 5.0.5 appeared. Now just to find some time to re-edit...

Malloc: You uploaded the source for this one, or do I have to still play with the earlier version?

Guest malloc

The sources of the new version are not uploaded yet.

I wanted to upload them when a stable version would have

been ready. But I can upload the current 'unstable' version

if you want...

malloc

Guest ClintEastman

5.0.5 is a bug fix of 5.0.4, it mainly fixes some application compatibility issue (DVD2AVI, AVIUtl and some capture application).

Guest siu99spj
5.0.5 is a bug fix of 5.0.4, it mainly fixes some application compatibility issue (DVD2AVI, AVIUtl and some capture application).

Well whatever they did it sure as hell don't like the mods I'd done to get 5.0.4 working...

Never mind, it was as buggy as hell anyways ;)

Guest ClintEastman

And saying that 5.0.4 is mostly a patchup of 5.0.3!!! ;)

So it SHOULD work.......

But then again i don't think it's worth the effort!

Guest siu99spj

Yeah, but 5.0.4/5 Pro also has the EKG which is providing some interesting features, especially for shrinking down credits (I don't read them, but the music is usually pretty cool -Matrix anyone?).

Anyhow, better stop this DivX argument before mono comes along and locks the topic :wink:

Guest The PocketTV Team

The PocketMVP menu should be on the RIGHT softkey, not the left one.

This is the way all smartphones apps are, cf the microsoft smartphone guidelines!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

No harm in a little Divx discussion in the PocketDivx thread... ;p

And i don't think malloc is going for MS certification either ;)

Guest The PocketTV Team
No harm in a little Divx discussion in the PocketDivx thread... ;p

And i don't think malloc is going for MS certification either ;)

It's not a matter of certification, it's a matter of consistency.

It's always ennoying when apps do not stick to basic consistency.

For example, on windows desktop, you expect the "close window" X button to be in the top-right corner of the window. You would be unhappy if an app puts it in the bottom-left corner!!!

I don't think we'll get logo-certification, and even if we wanted to, we couldn't, because the OS does not want to run our app properly when installed on IPSM (MS-known bug in the IPSM file system!). And being able to run from IPSM is a requirement...

Guest tmarkland

I know this has probably been covered before but I cannot remember the controls and I cannot find a readme with the program. Also with the new version do chapters work?

Guest goose

@Malloc or anybody working on the AMAZING PocketDivX.. I am scouring through the source, curiosity as much as anything, but looking for a quick and easy way to get the fast forward working at 8x - this would make more sense if you stored a couple of full-length films as I hardly ever get enough peace for the full duration of a film :wink:

Keep up the excellent work - it will take me a while to get into the code but I guess I'm stubborn... ;)

@tmarkland - here's the guide from malloc's readme:

PocketDivx Alpha 04

-------------------

Handles MPEG1, DIVX5.02, MP3, OG/OGM

Res up to 220x176

Quit any background tasks (use the very good utility TaskManager)

Open a file using the FILE/Open menu (The file list is created

scanning the SDCard and the IPSMMy documents directory)

If you used a previous version, please remove the key in the

registry localmachinesoftwarePocketMVP

Keys during play :

backlight stay on/standard = 7 (***SEE NOTES)

pause = action key

volume + = up key

volume - = down key

brightness- = left key

brightness+ = right key

Resume Seek to previous = 4 (*** SEE NOTES)

Stop = 5

Fast forward = 6

Seek backward = 1

Seek forward = 3

Display progress = 2

Zoom = #

Rotate = 0

To quit at any moment = *

Notes :

- The seek moves by 10% and also works when in pause -> quicker

- The backlight key, changes the registry (same as going in

the control panel), it sets a 10sec timeout when off or when

exiting, if it crashes, you might want to set your backlight

timeout in the systemsettings of your phone to your previous setting.

- The Resume function works like this : it saves in the registry the

last file played and the position in this file when the STOP (5) key

is pressed. Then if you select Resume in the menu, it will reload the

last file, and you can seek in the last position pressing the Resume (4)

key.

:oops: :oops: posting that made me realise there is no REAL need for a faster fast forward as there are the Seek & Resume buttons :oops: Excelling myself today on the embarassment stakes!