PocketDivx 8R Beta1

Guest malloc

Guest ziggys101

Just had my SPV for 5 days, its decerted and so far I have not had any major probs. The one thing I cant do is transfer my newly resized and rotated divx's on to my 256sd card to play in the excellent PocketDivx. I have tried to transfer using explorer in XP and using the Active Sync Explorer, but both get about 30-40% then seem to restart and restart. The SPV is in the cradle what am I doing wrong??

Sorry if this has been covered, if so can someone point me in the right direction. :oops:

Thanks in advance

Guest The PocketTV Team

I just noticed that MVP installs a timer that keeps running even when the app is in the background (i.e. you click HOME). This causes the battery to drain because it prevents the processor to go in sleep state (so MS says). You may want to fix that.

Guest The PocketTV Team

I don't think reporting bugs is ever bad...

We have helped Mark Dukette (the copyright owner of the PocketMVP source code) in many ways and he does not mind when we report problems in PocketMVP. Ask him.

And if you find bugs in our app, we would like you to report them, as reporting problems is the best way to help developers improve their apps. Don't you agree?

Guest ClintEastman

He's talking about it running in the background..... EG hitting home and not quiting it....

I couldn't comment on it effecting the batt life as i always quit (to copy over yet another Matrix Trailer!!!)

Guest awarner [MVP]
hey leave mvp alone, until theres another app that plays divx files, it rocks

:roll:

Nothing wrong with reporting bugs making comments, suggestions

it's the only way to make these apps develop bigger and better.

Guest mdawkins

I have installed this version of the PocketMVP player and when I open a file I get the first frame on the screen and then nothing happens!, is there a play button that you have to press for the movie to carry on playing? I have also noticed that the screen size is not 'full screen' can you change this once the movie has started?.

Thanks

Martin.

Guest johnnygri

hey guys, yesterday i encoded some episodes of red dwarf as divx 5.0.2 so i could watch em on the tube in pocketmvp which was way cool, people must have thought i was mad - laughing at my phone... ;)

problem is, today i went to show off how clever i am to one of my colleagues, go to watch the same files and i get a white screen where the movie should be, but i can hear the sound fine :cry:

anyone had the white screen? (or is it a hidden torch feature :wink: )

Guest midnight

have you pressed the right key several times????? the left and right controls are for brightness, so try pressing left a few times and see if the pictures comes back again.

Guest johnnygri

yeah doesn't appear to be anything to do with that :?

i pressed the zoom button and when its zoomed in you can *just* make out the picture, but its like every other pixel, it aint rendering right, hopefully its summit i've done/missed, i've gotta catch the tube home again :wink:

(it worked way good under 5.0.2 and i saw a few posts saying 5.0.2 is the one to go with?)

Guest jim80b

ok, does anyone have a complete keymap for the buttons to control this!!!!!

was used to the ones from alpha 4,

but on my spv the joystick doenst work,

1 crashes mvp for me,

2 = play/pause

3 = jump forward

4 = last pos ? it goes to the start for me...

5 = stop

6 = fast forward

7 = backlight

8 = zoom

9 = rotate

Left = darker

right = brighter

i have to pause then use volume buttons to change level then unpause

oh and it hates stereo divx's btw

Guest I. C. Monsters

I seem to be having the same problem as mdawkins. When I open a file, the first frame is shown and nothing else happens. The progress bar appears to be trying to move (by flashing on/off).

I can successfully skip through the file and see various stills and also rotate the image, but it will not play.

I cannot get it to switch to fullscreen or see any moving images.

So far I have tried some of my own encodes which have worked on previous builds and also the supplied Matrix / T3 trailers. It is the same for all files. The stills look pretty good in the skinned window - but I doubt they're quite as cool as moving pictures! :wink:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest I. C. Monsters

I've tried all possible keys already - and all I can do is skip through the file, which shows stills and I can rotate the image.

There is no sound whatsoever.

Guest ClintEastman

On the new one if you encode with as height larger then 220 it will lock up.....

some files (all the ones i have tried) need to sit a second or two before you hit 2 (yes it's 2 now)...

Does this help?

PS Love fu*kin stinks!!!

Guest MECX

can anyone load the new pocket MVP to the site coz the server its on seems to be down?? everytime ive tried it anyways

cheers 8)

Guest johnnygri

Right, have got round my white screen problem, midnight, you were right! :oops:

check it out though, the brightness control only works when the movie file is not playing, a touch counter-intuitive perhaps, but hey it does its job.

Left = darker, right = brighter. Be careful as these will change brightness all the way to black / white respectively. jim80b, stick that down on the list of controls :wink: