.:: NEW Windows Longhorn SPV Pro Complete CAB ::.

Guest gradiation

Guest Mr_Protozoa

So yeh, it's half five in the morning and i can't sleep, please forgive any foolishness here but I'm having some problems uninstalling the skin.

I used the 'remove programs' system to uninstall all of the longhorn stuff, but then the problems began.

WMP stoped working, If I reinstall the longhorn (WMP9) skin it works again? Has the installer removed the original skin?

Extra Screens such as the volume control have gone. Nothing appears when I click the volume buttons anymore.

Also the 'orange' logo have been removed from the in call screens.

Has anybody else had these problems?

Guest gradiation

Several people have had the same problems, i'm currently trying to figure out why. The only thin gi can suggest is changing registry strings by hand, there all covered in midnights tweaks.

If the problem persists and i can't figure out why, i might just have to create a cab file the re registers the initial values.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like this new skin, nice work Gradiation!

Perhaps you can help me with a little problem I'm having though:

Taskmanager . I cant get it to launch from the "main menu".

I think this is because Ive got it installed to the Storage Card, rather than IPSM.

However, I found a file called LonghornSPVPro.home.xml and edited the correct path to SPTaskMgr.exe near

Guest gradiation

Not sure, it should work as long as you have changed the link to point to the right exe file. Just check that the path and file name are correct first, then if it still doesn't work, your guess is as good as mine i'm affraid.

Guest fraser

Yup, great skin. I have one suggestion though that would make it better (in my mind).

I like the skin I use to have a "all-singing, all-dancing" page that shows the following:

Time & Date

Any new messages

Missed Calls

Any upcoming appointments

This skin is perfect for all of these, except the last. I use the Outlook appointments stuff a lot (since getting this phone that is!!), so I like to have the upcoming information prominent.

I think that any skin should default to a page like this, as it will be the screen you glance at when returning to your desk (etc). It's handy to have it all together.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Guest gradiation

I'm not really gonna do any more changes to this theme, though anyone else is welcome to if they like.

After the using this theme myself since i've made it, my main thoughts are that everything is just too far away (click wise and visually).

In respects to this i'm currently workin on something similar, but far more cut down. As pretty as the big multiscreen's are theya re often user unfriendly, so my new skin should mix both. being graphically pleasing but makin everything at hand. Plus i'm hoping to release something a bit special, but you'll have to wait and see what that is :lol:

But as i've said any more changes will have to be implemented by someone else (my code should be pretty well laid out) as my time is pretty much taken up between work and my stuff (oh and the girlfriend :D

All i can say is keep your eye out for my next release.

Guest fraser

I'm sure we all await your next skin with anticipation. Rent your significant other a tear-jerker movie and get coding now!! :wink:

I'm completely agreed with you on your thoughts about multi-screens useability. I'd say a maximum of 3-4 functional screens, plus the 2-3 "special" ones at the end would be a more usable number. More use of left-and-right scrolling menus would be cool as well.

Finally, the ultimate trick would be customisable shortcuts, I never call media player directly (always through playlists), so being able to change these to (e.g.) PocketMVP would be cool.

Keep up the good work!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Glorfindal

hi there i love this skin, but im having a problem with it, i just installed it last night but my phone is now saying no home screen can be found please install a valid home screen.

anybody give me a little help, my phone is unlocked using the orange developers website, cheers in advance.

Glorf

Guest J273

Hi,Would someone be able to post the origional blue Longhorn background that was in the first version that the clock version replaced,Thanks

Guest amdworld
hi there i love this skin, but im having a problem with it, i just installed it last night but my phone is now saying no http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen can be found please install a valid http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen.

anybody give me a little help, my phone is unlocked using the orange developers website, cheers in advance.

Glorf

check that u have the default picture installed as well

*.jpg or a *.GIF

• 6 months later...
Guest TSCRYPTO

I tried installing Gradiations cabs on my new e200.

The alert backgrounds are fine, but I dont have the option to select the homescreen.

Is there a prob with this Gradiations longhorn homescreen and the e200 that I dont know about?

EDIT: nah - not good after all - alert backrounds only cover 3/4 of screen...

I would really like this re-worked for the e200 - or if I am at fault, some guidance from someone in the know... 8)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pizdyetz77

Can someone please help me here:

First of all - thanks to the creator of this fab homescreen - it's what Orange / MS should really have had on the phone to start with!

I'm using an E200 and have installed the latest SPV Pro Longhorn homescreen. Most of it works but the following don't:

1. No voicemail indicator ever appears. Even in the boxes for SMS, EMAIL and VMAIL. The first two work just fine - just no indication of new voicemail.

The default indicator never appears either - is it supposed to?

2. Moving down the menus - Messages, Schedule, Profile all work OK.

Moving into 'All Programs' brings up the 'recently used list' and I can scroll left to right across these and activate them.

Moving down one more step brings up the 'System Info' screen and then another step down brings up the screen saver selection page.

Basically, it misses out all the programs such as Messenger, MIE, MAP, Calculator & Tsk Manager

I've rearranged all my shortcuts in the Start Menu into more convenient folders, by the way. Is this why it's not working? Maybe not - but that's my best guess . . . .

Hope someone can help.

Thanks again for making this in the first place.

GH

Guest technogeek

Thanks for this nice Homescreen.

Everything works.

Some observations and questions though:

I installed the Extras. One time I decided to go back to the original homescreen and I noticed that the original screens that were replaced by those extras were no longer there. Worse, the volume buttons were no longer working. How do I get them back without a hard reset?

Second, the battery drain seems to have been increased substantially when using the Longhorn SPV Pro.

Third, it would be nice if the clock screen saver would be a real screensaver that will activate after a prescribed time. Or am I missing something here?