PocketDivx 8R Beta2

Guest malloc

Guest James

ziggy, what free space have you got on your phone after a reboot? look at SP task mgr and post the results please mate.

Guest ziggys101

:)

Got it working after a second hard reset, do you have a readme file I seem to remember people saying you can remap functions and stuff

Thanks

Guest ziggys101

Another thing, before I messed around clips would start automaticaly the only way I get them started now is by fast forwarding, sorry to be such a pain. Great app by the way :)

Guest Darrenfranks

Hi, I've downloaded the player DVIX thingy but not sure what to do next. Can you give me an idiots guide to using it? where can I download files for it and where do I save the files once I've found them.

I tried it before with a Microsoft Media file but it opened it in the media player - how can i transfer it to the other player??

PLEASE HELP :roll:

Guest James

just to add to above,

1. you have to use you own video files (AVI) or rip your own files from a DVD to AVI format (i am sure someone else can recomend a good program for doing this) or look on this site for some good film trailers that have already been encoded.

2. resize/compress them using virtual dub as is in the above post tutorial (you may need the 5.02/5.03 divx codec).

3. put your files on your storage card.

4. open pocket mvp

5. open the file and it will play.

Guest ClintEastman
use virtualdub to encode your files mate.

have a look at this tutorial mate

The settings in that tut are out of date!

Jlowap: Did u used to play with DJ Shadow?? :)

Heheh, as if someone like Shadow would associate with an "Addict 16V GTi".

Guest ClintEastman

oooppss! sorry. these setting work for me fine!

whats changed mate?

Yes they work... But it's not the best it can do...

Every setting has changed! :)

Guest dyey

does pocketmvp work when it's installed in the phone memory of a tanager? after installing it, i tried to play clint's matrix trailer (which i also put in the my documents folder in the phone memory) but the program can't seem to find it. moreover, after restarting the phone, i can't run pocketmvp anymore (error regarding missing files or whathaveyou lol).

did i do something wrong here or does the program only work when installed on an sd card? :?

thanks in advance

Guest James

Yes they work... But it's not the best it can do...

Every setting has changed! :)

dont fancy updating the tutorial i posted then? or point me where i can get the latest settings mate?

actuly....come to think about it i may of download sombody's settings from modaco......

Guest James

Heheh, as if someone like Shadow would associate with an "Addict 16V GTi".

hush your mouth! you....err......ummm...... REGULAR!!!!

Guest dyey
does pocketmvp work when it's installed in the phone memory of a tanager? after installing it, i tried to play clint's matrix trailer (which i also put in the my documents folder in the phone memory) but the program can't seem to find it. moreover, after restarting the phone, i can't run pocketmvp anymore (error regarding missing files or whathaveyou lol).

did i do something wrong here or does the program only work when installed on an sd card?  :?  

thanks in advance

anyone? :?

Guest The PocketTV Team

Welcome to the club! :-)

It looks that PocketDivX also triggers the in-famous IPSM bug:

Because of a MS-known bug in the IPSM filesystem, the Smartphone cannot run large binaries when they are stored on the IPSM stratoflash (i.e. the internal flash of the phone). Yes, it's a major bug, but MS does not have a fix for the problem at this day. And the bug has been known by MS for 3 years. It also affect Pocket PCs when you install large applications in the internal flash (e.g. File Store on the iPaq). MS is fully aware of the problem, according to our reliable contacts deep in the engineering guts of MS WinCE kernel group. They currently have no fix for the IPSM bug in WinCE 3.0 devices. The problem will be fixed in the future on WinCE 4.2 devices that will use a filesystem different from IPSM for their internal flash.

The diagnostic is that the application behaves erraticly when installed on IPSM. It seems to execute wrong segments of its code randomly and generally crashes rapidly or displays completely garbled error messages. Apparently the virtual memory system loads incorrect code pages from IPSM during the execution.

There is no workaround except installing the application on a Storage Card or in RAM. RAM is not an option on Smartphone (since it is small and it is erased when you turn the phone off). On Pocket PC it is not a big issue, as generally applications are installed in RAM.

In PocketTV, we detect immediately whether the application is installed on IPSM and display a message then quit immediately if that is the case.

The reason for doing that check is that this IPSM bug can cause the application to execute random parts of its code, and in some cases it can do serious damage to the Smartphone, like trash the registry for example (we have seen it happening).

Hope that helps...

Guest madu

Thanks for that PocketTV! By the way, can you not make installer only 'see' Storage Card during installation?? That way ppl will not make a mistake of installing it to IPSM in the first place.. Hmm, just a thought..

Guest The PocketTV Team
Thanks for that PocketTV! By the way, can you not make installer only 'see' Storage Card during installation?? That way ppl will not make a mistake of installing it to IPSM in the first place.. Hmm, just a thought..

We don't know how to do that, and I'm not sure it's possible at all. I think such an installer would be confused if the Storage Card is not present...

But if you find out, just let us know.

This bug is really a big pain for large applications...

Guest madu

I'm sure I have seen it in some app. It might have been a skin actually (Longhorn maybe?), but it was IPSM-only option. Is that possible, but SD-only not?? Not sure, but sure I've seen XXXX-only option (and that was with SD in, so option wasn't just taken out by the system).

I may be wrong here. Hope not.

Guest malloc

anyone? :?

PocketMvp only scans the Storage Card for files, it won't find anything

you put in the phone memory, you'll need to move the matrix trailer

somewhere on your sd card to see it :wink:

On a SPV it works perfectly if installed in phone memory. It seems

also OK with a Tanager (at least with Tanager of [email protected])

malloc

Guest malloc
Welcome to the club! :-)

It looks that PocketDivX also triggers the in-famous IPSM bug:

PocketMvp does not trigger IPSM bug (yet :) )

It works perfectly when installed in phone memory with SPV and Tanager.

As you might say :

please, if you don't understand exactly what we are talking about, why try to give an answer that does not help...  

sorry if you feel i'm rude, but these days i get too much of that sort of answers that you gave.

:wink:

malloc