SMART (Philippines) users of the Amazing Phone (Tanager)

Guest jabez

Guest lmarantal

avoid sandisk Sd card , many have been having a problem with that card using it on their pocketpc or tanager

Guest ppcsurfr
You're right, I should have had this information in February or at least a few days after I got my unit.  

All I was told is to read the manual (which didn't help a lot). The funny thing is that I had the unit in my hand ... I visited the Smart website ... the information said ... "The Amazing Phone to be launched soon" ... ha ha ha ... How updated can a website be???

Now I have made it my mission to inform all Tanager owners about this forum. I am preparing a business card with the web address of this site. Would you like me to include your site too? I am doing this so I could spare other people from the the feeling I had the first two weeks I had the Tanager - feeling STUPID!

Mabuhay!

Actually PinoyPocketPC knew about the launch way before the units actually arrived. The international and local press releases were released as early as February 14 too... which was supposed to have been at the PinoyPocketPC Mobility Event... which of course got pushed to March 7 because of the 3GSM Congress... and other factors...

As for the website, well, they did a complete change in the look. Something which was definitely needed... Hopefully now it's more user friendly and quicker to load.

Feel free to include all the sites...

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

Guest ppcsurfr
This thread seems to be missing a page.  I know I have posted more messages recently, but I can't find them

I must have split it to another topic. Just to make things easier for forum users. Please post items relevant to the said topic found at the top of the forum.

Mahirap maghanap kapag halo-halo ang pinaguusapan sa isang forum. I hope you guys understand.

Guest dinoalbert
avoid sandisk Sd card , many have been having a problem with that card using it on their pocketpc or tanager

I have been using SD and CF Sandisk 128Mb for my PocketPC and Tanager and there's no problem so far....

Guest jabez

The Handango website says that it only supports the Orange SPV.

Does that mean that users of the SAP in the Philippines could not get products from their site?

Too bad, I got the Smart Billiard from them, encountered problems, e-mailed them for four times and got NO RESPONSE up to now.

Take note, my credit card was already billed.

Shouldn't we be warning Pinoy SAP users about this?

Guest ppcsurfr
The Handango website says that it only supports the Orange SPV.

Does that mean that users of the SAP in the Philippines could not get products from their site?

Too bad, I got the Smart Billiard from them, encountered problems, e-mailed them for four times and got NO RESPONSE up to now.

Take note, my credit card was already billed.

Shouldn't we be warning Pinoy SAP users about this?

Huh???

It doesn't matter if you're on an SPV or a SAP...

What problems did you encounter?

President

Guest jabez

Hi Carlo!

I purchased the Smart Billiard from Handango for $9.99. I downloaded the program to my laptop then to my SAP from a link provided with my purchase.

When I play the game, it freezes at some point and shows a screen that says "DEMO VERSION". I was supposed to get the full version, right?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ppcsurfr
ei, how can i delete all the messages in the sent items folder in a flash??

thanks..

go to www.smartponeclub.net and dowload DAT's SMS Tools.

President

Guest kulepoy

thanks..

another question: can i make my phone stop making copies of sent items??thanks..but i cant open the site.. maybe its down.. other suggestions??

another question: can i make my phone stop making copies of sent items??

Guest kulepoy

ei sorry about the double post.. never mind it.. i now have entered the site.. but it needs registration.. is it free??

thanks again.. and sorry..

Guest andrewsj

Hi guys. I stumbled upon this site yesterday right after I got my SAP. This is great I have to say. From what I got from page 1, I can already use decertified apps out of the box becuase the SAP isn't locked? This would be amazing since I'm pretty confused with the unlocking process.

Guest luisito_isidro
Let the questions begin:

Im in malaysia. I want to use other networks but since my SPV does not allow, how can i unlock my SPV Smart?

Louie from the Philippines

:?:

thanks..

another question: can i make my phone stop making copies of sent items??

yes, does anyone know how to make the phone stop making copies of sent items?

there is an option in mailbox/options/sending for saving copies of sent items (or not) but no matter how many times i check and uncheck the option, the phone still makes copies of sent items....

Guest luisito_isidro
Hi there!  :lol: 

It's so nice to know that there is a forum like this that discusses the SmartPhone. I'll be inviting all my friends who just bought SPVx units during SMART's sales blitz last April to join this forum. I'm sure just like me, they have TONS of questions on this new amazing product.

Mabuhay!

Jabez,

Would you be kind enough to help me. I'm a Smart User and now touring Malaysia. I want to sim unlock my SPV so I can use it with other networks. I've tried to use the sim unlock software which i downloaded from monolith..(something) and followed the step by step instruction carefully but it did not work? Does my computer which has Windows 98 OS got something to do with the failure to unlock it?

Would like to hear from you soon... very desperate

Louie

Guest luisito_isidro
Hi there!  :lol: 

It's so nice to know that there is a forum like this that discusses the SmartPhone. I'll be inviting all my friends who just bought SPVx units during SMART's sales blitz last April to join this forum. I'm sure just like me, they have TONS of questions on this new amazing product.

Mabuhay!

Jabez,

Would you be kind enough to help me. I'm a Smart User and now touring Malaysia. I want to sim unlock my SPV so I can use it with other networks. I've tried to use the sim unlock software which i downloaded from monolith..(something) and followed the step by step instruction carefully but it did not work? Does my computer which has Windows 98 OS got something to do with the failure to unlock it?

Would like to hear from you soon... very desperate

Louie

Guest dinoalbert

@ist I believe you cant....that option youre talking about is applicable only for emails, not for sms.

anyway, there's a nice app to delete all those messages in your sent items and inbox folder.... check the app I posted/attached above (SMS Tools)...

@louie just search for SIM UNLOCK <-----or click this

also here's another Pinoy thread about that:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=61665

and another:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/other-networks.htm

http://lifeetc.org/unlock.php

Guest eric73ph

@luisito:

SPVUnlock will not work for Win98. It definitely works on WinXP and maybe on Win2K. Why? I think it's because Win98 is not an OS that handles USB devices as well as the newer Windows.