The SMART Amazing Phone on a network other than SMART...

Guest ppcsurfr

Guest dada

help!! i've tried martin's and jolog's gprs configuration for globe, it worked i could already access the net wsp://www.google.com/wml could be accessed but my mms still doesn't work everytime i send an mms i get an error message. could anybody post mms settings.

Thanks & More power

Guest jabez
Besides, Carlo is good in moderating discussion forum.....

I agree ... Carlo is a good moderator.

Question:

I am traveling to the States in July. I just SIM-unlocked my SAP. Do you think I could use it with a SIM in Florida? I used a T-Mobile SIM when I was there last Jan-Feb. But I used a 3390 (from T-Mobile).

Guest Anjo448

i had also configured my SAP and was able to access globe wap page. but when i accessed the GlobeXTM, i encountered error. When I changed the access point for wap to internet.globe.com.ph, i was able to go through. The problem is instead of viewing the wap page, what was displayed on the screen is the actual codes (html?) for that page... funny hah!!!

BTW, do we have somebody here from GLOBE. Maybe they can help us... We are also their customer and we still deserve some sort of customer service... what do you think guys.

anyway, My SAP is a wonderfull toy and i will not stop untill i'm fully satisfied with the way it work...

and thank you guys for helping me...

For smart user, You can go to one of their business center. They have a form there that details all the information on how to setup your SAP. It is actually included on the package. I used to have one but i guessed i have thrashed it already. I'll try to look for it though just in case.

Guest marky

hey guys talaga bang mabagal yung pag capture ng video ng tanager??? unlike nokia 3650 or 7650 on time ang pag capture ng video nila.. is there any software upgrades para sa video??

Guest jabonga

pareng jologs,

paano ba iconfigure yung mms? d ko kasi makita yung APN etc... yung google napagana ko na pls help tnx very much

Guest Raffy
ayaw talagang umandar sa kin ng globe gprs....hmmm bakit kaya??? waaaahhhhhh

Sa'kin din ayaw even if I followed all the instructions from the previous threads. I'm following the threads of myglobe regarding GPRS/MMS and it seems that they have more problem activating Globe's GPRS/MMS than Smart's.

In this case baka kailangan pa natin pa-activate sa Globe yung GPRS in order for it to work.

I'm not sure if a Globe SIM that is GPRS activated will still have the same problem we are getting.

Raffy

Guest jologs
pareng jologs,

paano ba iconfigure yung mms? d ko kasi makita yung APN etc... yung google napagana ko na pls help tnx very much

try using nowmms and input the settings manually..

Guest vctor

I'm not sure if a Globe SIM that is GPRS activated will still have the same problem we are getting.

Raffy

ang gamit ko activated na e...working perfectly on an openline 7250

Guest vctor

are you asking how to end gprs connection? kung yun ang tanong mo if you close internet explorer gprs will also be disconnected makikita mo naman sa icon sa phone mo yun e...pag yung signal strength mo nagbago nagkaroon ng "G" ibig sabihin gamit pa rin yung gprs...pero kung ordinary signal strength na lang e discon na yung gprs mo

hope this helps

• 6 months later...
Guest rcperez

I have my SAP running on Orange 1.61 just look for my thread on this.

I also have Globe Telecom SIM with GPRS/MMS enabled no problem.

I know there's a thread in Modaco about the settings, just follow them to a T. Instead of using MMS Connection just select the OrangeMMS. But first delete all the entry on the Data Connection.

Now for some reason, i don't know why, if you getting a "Dialing" on your GPRS connection this might help.

Go to Programs/Accessories/Authentication Select PAP Authentication then Go to Data Connection, try making a Dial up for Globe WAP, you know the old number, but instead just cancel it, then run explorer again selecting the WAP network for connection. It should state somthing like Connecting instead of dialing.

Remember Internet.globe.com.ph is metered so you pay for the bytes

www.globe.com.ph is the free one, so be carefull when setting your GPRS connections. To test if your using the free line, just browse outside of Globe telecom e.g yahoo.com. if you manage to pick up yahoo then your paying for it, if not then its free.

Anyways, just would like to give my two cents, on the Subject:

Using SAP on other networks gives you an advantage of having to choose the carrier you want, having the advantage of using the smartphone perse and it's functionality which is not that Network dependent. Action Engine is just a service that you could do without period. This is just an added feature. The phone was not made for just SMART Telecom in mind, it was made for the entire GSM service.

Who needs OTA when all the settings are already set, and OTA datas are always ready on call :lol:

I'm happy with my free GPRS, I could send MMS and browse the internet, install what i want, and where i want. I could go to other countries (where triband is supported anyways) and just bring my SAP with me instead of just giving it away.

With techsupport like you guys everything will be just like a walk in the park :D thanks

Guest mariolouis

@*

guys, off topic na tayo dito ah! :wink:

@carlo/ppcsrfr

but all those are value-added features, as in "VALUE-ADDED", MAY BAYAD!!! (gprs)

so i don't think i will miss those.

Guest sweetyls

onga, hassle na you have to pay GPRS rates pa for those services. but i really like the amazing explorer. it's pretty useful. much like ClicktheCity.com, but more extensive. I don't use the smart secure. Imagine backingup your IPSM to the smart network. gastos! the amazing store's pretty ok. but it's not updated regularly, so i don't use it much either.

how do I disconncet the gprs? does it timeout on its own??

dude,go to SETTINGS>DATA CONNECTIONS

press menu,then go to options.you can just set the redial attempts and the number of idle minutes that you want the phone to disconnect after, from GPRS.

hope this helps. :lol:

i fully understand what ppcsurfer is saying.the Smart Amazing phone will not work well if under any other network...it's like putting a toyota engine in your honda car.....or it's like putting catchup in your ice cream.

Guest dinoalbert

hmm..I dont think so...Smart Amazing Phone is only the name that SMART Philippines gave to the Tanager...so we are talking of the Tanager, the phone itslef here. So I guess the phone will still work well even under other network :wink:

You must mean the Smart ROM will of course not work with other networks/ simcards like Globe :lol:

Okay..lets see...the way i see it all of the services SMART is offering are really amazing!!!!

Action Engine Services , OTA transactions. Mobile Banking, SMART SIM, SMART Money Cash Card, ..etc..

if without these services in the TANAGER released by SMART we would not be here or in any smartphone forum for that matter...tsktsktsk...

Network Coverage is really good---no offense to globe-- i just really dissapointed their services---network i mean....

Guest Jassper23
Okay..lets see...the way i see it all of the services SMART is offering are really amazing!!!!

Action Engine Services , http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22908>OTA transactions. Mobile Banking, SMART SIM, SMART Money Cash Card, ..etc..

if without these services in the TANAGER released by SMART we would not be here or in any smartphone forum for that matter...tsktsktsk...

Network Coverage is really good---no offense to globe-- i just really dissapointed  their services---network i mean....

pero marami rin naman area na walang signal and smart kaya lumilipat mga nasa smart sa globe ako dati gamit ko smart yun lang doon sa place ko walang signal kaya nag globe ako palagi naman full bar sa globe smart 1 signal lang kung minsan wala pa.