The SMART Amazing Phone on a network other than SMART...

Guest ppcsurfr

Guest dinoalbert
if without these services in the TANAGER released by SMART we would not be here or in any smartphone forum for that matter...tsktsktsk...

Hmmm I dont thinks so! That statement's funny :D Without these services in the Tanager, we can still be here or in any other smartphone forum!.....look! Im not using Smart rom from the very start and Im still here! :lol: :D :)

Im using a Smart sim...but I can live without those services and can still have an Amazing Tanager! :D

Guest techsupp1001

i'm using a globe sim and i'm satisfied with the features that globe has. although i was not able to make the gprs working fully, i realized i don't realy need it. i prefer to use a pc to browse the internet, internet browsing on the smart amazing phone is cumbersome but i think its a cool way to show off the phones capabilities.

What i like most about the phone is the ability to play music and movies. I use it a lot as an mp3 player especially on long trips it is really handy.

The bottom line, it doesn't matter wether i use globe or smart, i just like the features of the phone which are not network dependent.

Guest rcperez

In comparison, i don't think its like putting an engine from one car to another. It's more of like using your Car (Tanager Phone) with a different brand of Gasoline (Carrier Service). Sometimes it doesn't run that well, but sometimes it outperfoms your previous one. :lol:

if without these services in the TANAGER released by SMART we would not be here or in any smartphone forum for that matter...tsktsktsk... 

Network Coverage is really good---no offense to globe-- i just really dissapointed their services---network i mean....

I'm here and I have never used a smart sim on my Tanager :)

Globe network coverage is better here than Smart.

What I like with Smart is the Addict charging scheme. It reminds me of my Islacom days, before Globe acquired it. If globe sticks to its current charging method (voice calls and SMS to other network are not included in your free airtime/messages. GPRS and MMS are also billed separately). I will switch service on the next contract expiry.

look! Im not using Smart rom from the very start and Im still here!  :)  :D  :lol: 

Im using a Smart sim...but I can live without those services and can still have an Amazing Tanager!  :)

the services...available with SMART is what mean---& who sez you cannot live without it--of course you still can even without the Tanager...hehehe..but still you enjoy the SMART sim--yes?

of course anyone can be here---but we would not be discussing this in this Forum if one has yet to experience both GLOBE & Smart Services---yes?

I apologize for the text posted read out of context...it sounded funny allright...confusing...

hehehe....

Mag Sun kaya muna kayo para alam nyo....

Guest dinoalbert

Posted from my SmartPhone!

I got the Tanager just because of the phone itself, and not because Smart services. In other words, walang choice. I have nothing against Smart. Pero kung may Smartphone lang din ang Globe, syempre di ako sa Smart bibili...matagal na kse akong gumagamit ng Globe account.

Still, we wil be here in Modaco forum discussing about the smartphone, even without special services from Globe and Smart. We were amazed by the features of the phone....movies,mp3s,ringtones,skins,apps,customization....not by the services of the telcos...yes? We can stil find those services even in other phones like Nokia or SE Ü

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rcperez

For someone with SmartROM could you please Fill in the following, "???folder???" for folder name and "?" for the values that is found on your Smart ROM's Registry.

Hkey_current_usersoftwareactionengineactionlock???Folder???

ServerURL=?

HKey_Local_MachinesecuritywapPGList???folder1???Push Gateway 1

PXADDR = ?

PXADDRTYPE = ?

HKey_Local_MachinesecuritywapPGList???folder1???Push Gateway 1

PXADDR = ?

PXADDRTYPE = ?

HKey_Local_MachinesecuritywapPGList???folder2???Push Gateway 2

PXADDR = ?

PXADDRTYPE = ?

HKey_Local_MachinesecuritywapPGList???folder3???Push Gateway 3

PXADDR = ?

PXADDRTYPE = ?

HKey_Local_MachinesecuritywapTPSList

DefaultTPS = ?

pls pm me the values thanks

Guest kalinte

it just so happened that smart got the contract to distribute the SPV here in the philippines, so they have maximized the features of SPV(GPRS, etc) but if globe carries the SPV i think they will excactly the same thing that smart offers. comparing it to cars? its like your choosing where to gas up your honda civic, caltex station or petron. but in the end what matters is kung aling gas station ang malapit sayo.

a penny for your thoughts