PocketMvp 8R Beta3B (updated)

Guest malloc

Guest colinp

help i think i buggered it up i was using the old divx player (PocketDivx Alpha 04) and the screen just started showing black sound workes fine , i upgraded to this version and it still does the same what have i done :lol: fantastic lookin app

Guest siu99spj

You could try pressing 7 to turn on the backlight as well. Sometimes for dark movies this can help more than insane brightness levels. Do remember it makes the back-light on permanently until you leave the app.

Beta 3B is the first version I have tried but I noticed that it put the program folder in the root folder of the device. Every time I restarted the phone the folder would disappear. I manually moved the folder into ipsm/program files/ and it now stays during restarts.

I can not get it to play any movies. I select File -> Open -> Video File and the title bar reads Select File... and then in the window it has

The two action buttons on the bottom don't do anything. How do you select a file to play?

Uninstall. Reboot. Re-download. And reinstall!

It is not a common problem. But I suggest you install to Storage Card. It could be that much talked about MS IPSM bug. Don't think it's anything to do with pocketmvp as such

Guest dude55

hi

I've got the same problem as above

can't open a file whether using smartexplorer (which launches pocketmvp but nothing happens and it says 'no file' at the top) or if I try open video file, same thing as above

it's all on the phone btw not storage card

I don't see how this is the same problem. But try and open an MP3. In previous version files had to be under:

Storage CardMy Video

Storage CardMy Music

Guest dude55
I don't see how this is the same problem.  But try and open an MP3. In previous version files had to be under:

Storage CardMy Video

Storage CardMy Music

well it's the same problem because nothing opens

my sd card is broken though so I can't try that :lol:

still waiting for a new one

Guest dude55

it kinda uninstalled itself (I don't know how I didn't touch it) I reinstalled it and now it works when I select 'open' under 'smart explorer'

the file->open video file thing still does nothing

thanks

Right then, try this:

- Uninstall

- Regedit: Delete the following key> HKCMSoftwarePocketMVP

- Reboot

- Reinstall

PS: There's an updated version availible Beta3E and more coming :lol:

PPS: You're not using Red-e or compal BTW are you?

Guest chinta

Hello there,

I own the SPV by orange, but the problem is, it is still software and simlocked!! Is there by any chance another programme who could play full screen?? Cuz this programme doesnt seem to work, i have unzipped it and copied it 2 my storage card!! Anything wrong with that or...???

THnx!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcom to the site :)

Not unless you want to pay an excessive amount on the Pocket TV version that is for sale on Handango.

Your best bet is to decert (remove software lock) your phone. It's very easy to do, for more info just

click on OTA ;)

PS: You do not need to unzip a .CAB file (installation file for SPV). Just copy 1 file you download to SmartPhone and RUN it from there. It will start an installation. Install to Storage card.

Guest jabez

Hi people!

I just got my SD card. Now I'm beginning to explore these video-playing programs.

I downloaded the PocketMVP into my Storage Card. But I don't know how to use it. How can I get files to play into it? Does it play *.wmv files?

Pardon the ignorance ... I'm new to this stuff. :oops:

Guest siu99spj

It plays DivX AVI files, OGG and MP3. Most people re-encode them from files they already have on their PCs (Check here for more info).

To actually use it, you need to install it. Run the cab file you downloaded, ON your phone (You'll need to be unlocked to do that, check OTA unlock). This will install the program and create an icon. Load this like any other app and thenfollow the menu options.

WMV files are played by Windows Media Player, but not if they are encoded with version 9 and above.

There's also PocketTV which plays MPG (MPEG1) files as well.

Hope this helps,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest haso0on

hey guys

when i install the PocketMVP

and want to open it

a small text shows on the top which says

"No File"

what does it mean

and how do i make this program works?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dysfuncti_1

Thanks for this, one porblem thought. Initially it worked fine, now it plays audio but only a white screen? Encoded via virtualdub was corrects as they all worked fine. I have tried reinstalling.

• 3 weeks later...

My backlight times out every now and then... It also resets my phone-backlight settings to 10sec :/

What am I doing wrong?

Don't tell me to press 7. It doesn't work :~(