wahoo

Guest b1uepower

Guest b1uepower

Yeah.. it was easy.. there were a cuple of questions about MS excel. which i never use so..

jlowap: it was all about MS word and MS excel.. the teachers at my school are not smart enough to do the hardwere side.. iam suprised if the IT teachers know what a computer is :) and they only know how to use MS word and excel.. thats it.. :roll:

Guest b1uepower

dunno.. it was pretty easy.... i wish that they had put better questions.. and less questions about MS word or excel :evil: ... ahh well its done now...

Guest Brody

I'm just about to take my final exam for a BSc Automotive Technology with Management!! Then i'm hopefully gonna be doing a masters in Computer Science next year, assuming i get the grades this year!

Guest b1uepower
well good luck with the result...
thanks

I'm just about to take my final exam for a BSc Automotive Technology with Management!! Then i'm hopefully gonna be doing a masters in Computer Science next year, assuming i get the grades this year!

good luck mate..

Guest James

hard mate?

Guest Brody

Last 3 or 4 months has been non-stop!! A bit of rest now really, 1 exam left, 1 piece of coursework and one presentation then its summer time!!

After that then hopefully i'll get the grades to get on the MSc Computer Science, they've offered me a conditional place dependent on my degree results!

Has been pretty tough recently though as i say.

Guest siu99spj
iam gonna have to work my way from the bottom :cry: to the top  :)

Hard ain't it? But it's all worth it when you get there, aside from the £10K hole in your pocket! :?

Who knows, if the Tories get back in, you won't have to worry, unlike me who's now attempting to pay it off. The only problems are that I'm only on a starting wage (Hence pretty low), paying rent in London (Inordinately high) and somehow need to scrounge enough to pay off me loan as well. Ah well, at least its only £33 interest a month...

Guest Mr_Protozoa

Thankfully I said goodbye when I joind University.

It's all coursework for me. So I actually have to work all year round, not just at the end like you lucky devils.

Today I'm on MoDaCo avoiding designing a traffic cone.

No really.

Guest b1uepower

no not really.. the last time i went into notts i could just about walk :wink: .. and there were not many people about..

• 2 months later...
Guest Brody

So its nearing the end of July, most people doing degrees should have there results by now!!? I got a 2:1 in BSc Automotive Technology with Management ;) How did the rest of you get on?? And as for the college and GCSE students, enjoy the wait for your results :)

Guest b1uepower
I got a 2:1 in BSc Automotive Technology with Management :D How did the rest of you get on?? And as for the college and GCSE students, enjoy the wait for your results :)

Well done.. :D

Iam still waiting...

i could not find a modern apprenticeship... B) so i signed up to Broxtowe collage yesterday.. iam gonna do GNVQ I.C.T ;) i hope its better the GNVQ Business

Guest Rob.P

b1uepower (and anyone else interested), Modern Apprenticeships do exsist in the IT industry it all depends on the area and the governing body sorting them out. (I work for an FE College by the way).

One example is a lad who was on the scheme was doing basic admin (can't remember what level), they didn't have any places for him so they placed him within the college, specifically our Marketing Department. He was lucky in the fact that I'm based in the Marketing department so he was able to get loads of New Media experience. After completing all his portfolio of work and passing the qualification they found him a place at a company that does networking, the company then sent him on a Cisco course and I think he's probably closer to earning more than me now.

There are ways and if you really want to sign up for a modern apprenticeship scheme (or Work Based Learning as our place refers to it) and get into the IT industry. You might have to ask the College you go to if they can place you in their Computer Services department, you'll get a lot of experience and then hopefully the college will be able to find a company that will take you on.

Hope some of the above is some help to you :)

[edit] Bugger too late with advice [/edit]

Guest Mr_Protozoa

Woohoo!

I got a 1st class honours for my 2nd year! (BSc HONS Computer Aided Product Design).

Plus I've just gotten myself a work placement for my year in industry!

It's all good!

All I need now is some money. :)