PacMan Classic graphics UPDATED 19/03/03

Guest Deemon

Guest Deemon
oops, sorry, but, the ai for both is essentially the same, so, both sets of coders can help each other out :)

yeah I know :-)

im finishing off my sprite pages now...ill post em up soon..

Guest Deemon

No idea... nothing happened in the thread since i posted the sprite page..Im just putting the first blank map up now will work on another few tonight. Dont know if Cent is working on it yet or if he has other projects to finish first...

Ive just noticed that the spritepage still has the grid on it..ill upload a new version when i get home...

Started work on the new maps last night...takes a while to get them right as this small size, the proportions of the spv screen arent quite right but ill have 4 maps done soon. These are the original arcade mazes as well as the Mrs Pacman ones. Then ill do some custom ones when the project starts.

Guest midnight

Cent is doing that version i beleive, me and croccy are doing a different version, same game, but totally enhanced (for the better i hope :) )

Guest Deemon

need to get the sounds done...ill try recording the mame emulator...but if anyone knows or any other sources for arcade sounds can you let me know.... cheers.

Guest midnight

i have the actual wavs for the music (begin play and death music), i can find someone to remake them in xm format if you wish (my mate reed will do 'em)

Guest midnight

xm format would mean they are a lot smaller, but then, they are only tiny anyway.

xm format is a module type, played on the smartphone using fmodce, you'll find most games will use this format for music on the smartphone.

Guest midnight

erm, you cant convert to xm, its created by a musician, the music is 'tracked', a bit like creating midi.

nice title screen by the way

Guest Deemon

oh right...well i have them as wavs so hopefully theyll be useful to whoever codes this...

thanks....although as i said... probably wont use it....im looking at the attract mode screen from the original pacman...where it names the ghosts...as a basis for the menu...just to keep it close to the arcade version..

how goes your version btw ?

Guest midnight

at the moment 'bub and bob in pacland' has 2 mockup screens, and a small document outlining some of the new features not seen in the original game. croccy is still working on smartanoid, which is almost at preview state, so hopefully code will be started soon. and so far we have about half of the first tune which will be used, in total hopefully around 10 tunes, one being a remix of the original pacman tune, and another being a remix of the bubble bobble tune, the rest will be totally original. i'll probably do more gfx for it tomorrow, including the title screen. i'll possibly start a new thread tomorrow showing some of the graphics and giving a brief description of the game etc.