Aquarium ScreenSaver - UPDATED 20/05 (See first Post)

Guest Croccy22

Guest Croccy22

The coral is actually already seperated from the background. It's just that my fish don't go behind it yet. Well they did, but then they didn't go in front of it!!!

Anyway will spend a bit of time on it tonight re-writing the sprite engine so the fish don't just disapppear.

Matt

Can you copyright a fishtank?

:shock: If the square of the tank is bigger than the squareroot of the fish in it, I am afraid the answer is: yes.

Furthermore if the fish in it are geneticaly enginiered the answer is also yes.

Now prove, that this is not the case...HA!

(Sorry for that. I just spoke to a client with a misty vision for a yet non-existing but brilliant and absolutely fabulous marketing concept, which just did not make any sense (at least to me))

TGF

regards :wink:

Guest smartman

amazing concept croccy i just luv this screensaver keep up the good work and we will have the all the nokia, p800 users really jealous, first themes now screen savers this fone is amazin......

Guest lutzh

put some big brains together and you get an amazing phone going even better. thanks for sharing your stuff with us.

it sucks the (tanager-) battery off after ~ 8 hours.

cheers, lutz

Guest motbe

It runs great on the PocketPC too! (since I look out for new screensavers that PocketCandy could use).

However, is there any chance you'd be up for making a more "resolution independent" version that would run fullscreen on the PocketPC as well? That'd be making it 240x320.

Looks great!

Guest Croccy22

I havn't got a pocket pc that I can test it on but I suppose there is a possibility of making it scale up a bit for the ppc.

Anybody wanna give me an ipaq??? :)

I will initially get it working for the smartphone but I will take into account ppc when developing it and allow for some scaling

Guest lutzh

its "me first"! :-)

please go ahead with the smartphone version! you push technology - pocketpc is history!

hahaha. little tgif-joke.

cheers, lutz

Guest Croccy22

Well I spent a few hours on this tonight and I think I have figured out an easy way of getting the fish to swim off screen now. It's a shame GapiDraw doesn't handle this.

Anyway I should have something on Sunday. And maybe even with the new graphics!!

Matt

Guest midnight

errrrrr, guys, dont be too quick to judge, especially the 'ripped' gfx, i'm doing the gfx for this small app, croccy22 wanted to get something out just to show you guys what he was working on, so give him a break.

Guest Xpressive

What a nice prog! :) Here's an idea -would it be possible to use external images as background/sprite graphics placed in the same folder as the .exe? If so, we'd be able to create our own aquariums with custom fishes, backgrounds, plants etc. and provide different 'skin collections' for this cool program! What do you think? :?:

Mike

Guest Croccy22

Dunno if I will make the time to do all that, Problem is I still have a couple of games in progress, one very near completion. And I must get these polished off some time within my lifetime.

There are some new original graphics in development for this at the moment. So expect an update soon looking absolutely gorgeous!!

Matt

Guest motbe
I havn't got a pocket pc that I can test it on but I suppose there is a possibility of making it scale up a bit for the ppc.

Anybody wanna give me an ipaq??? :)

I will initially get it working for the smartphone but I will take into account ppc when developing it and allow for some scaling

I'd give you mine! but, it's not really mine! (company owned)....

Thanks Croccy! .. Yeah, focus on the SmartPhone first.. And later down the road you can resize for ppc. I'm sure you'd have alot of happy PocketPC owners out there once you do get it resized!

Guest Croccy22

So now we've got pocketcandy to run screensavers. Excellent work!!!. In the next version of aquarium as stated before it will have it's own custom grpahics. Also I will make it so that when the phone rings or an alarm goes off etc the screensaver will shut down and let the phone do it's job.

Anything else anyone would like to see???

I was thinking of sound but if I do this I will make sure there is an option to turn it off (and remembers that you turned it off). Also maybe a volume control so you can set the level.

Any more idea will be considered.

Matt.