PocketTV 0.10.7 released

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team

What's new:

- PocketTV Classic has been released on

Smartphone.net. It is FREE for strictly personal use.

- The version number is shared with PocketTV for Pocket PC and HPC. The first version released is 0.10.4.

Guest Harley69

Help! I have just upgraded my beta version of pocket tv to the latest release, but it asking for the registration key, (which is cool considering it's free).

However, when I now apply for the key on the registration page @ http://www.mpegtv.com/cgi-bin/pockettv-getkey.cgi it is telling me I have to purchase it!, but not only that, it is telling me it is for a Casio pocket manager, which is something I have never even seen, let alone owned.

How can I get a new code, that will work?????

Guest The PocketTV Team

It should not ask you to purchase if you enter the code displayed when you select "Register" in the PocketTV menu.

If "Register" is disabled, it means you have already registered.

Guest idavid

i am having problems with receiving calls. when i get a call the current file continues to play, the volume decreases slightly but continues, even into a call. do i have to stop the file playing first? obviously this is a bit difficult as the incoming call screen appears (interlaced with the video!)

has anyone else noticed this? :?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jabez

Hi PocketTV Team!

I downloaded PocketTV Classic from pockettv.com. I got Version 0.10.5 / sdk 1.2.7.

I enjoy using it especially when my friends "drool" over it. But one problem I notice is that the "egg-timer (hourglass)" shows at some point of the movie and just stays there flashing and rotating. This is an "on-and-off" thing, like sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not?

What could be the problem?

Another problem is that, at times, the movie keeps on playing but I could not go to any menus, I doesn't hang (it keeps on playing), but I couldn't get anywhere, unless I take out the battery and restart the phone.

Guest The PocketTV Team
Hi PocketTV Team!

I downloaded PocketTV Classic from pockettv.com.  I got Version 0.10.5 / sdk 1.2.7.

I enjoy using it especially when my friends "drool" over it. But one problem I notice is that the "egg-timer (hourglass)" shows at some point of the movie and just stays there flashing and rotating.  This is an "on-and-off" thing, like sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not?

What could be the problem?

Another problem is that, at times, the movie keeps on playing but I could not go to any menus, I doesn't hang (it keeps on playing), but I couldn't get anywhere, unless I take out the battery and restart the phone.

This is a bug in the Smartphone firmware (or in the Microsoft OS).

One task starts every minute or so, and even though it displays no window, it causes the wait cursor to display. It happens also when PocketTV is not running, but then the wait cursor disapears almost instantly.

When PocketTV is running, the load on the system is more important, and this task that causes the wait cursor to appear takes longer, so the wait cursor stays visible for a longer time.

You will have the same problem if you run any application that uses a lot of CPU resources.

This is a bug, and we hope MS will address it some day.

Guest jabez

Hi PocketTV Team!

Thanks for the reply!

I love PocketTV. Right now, it is the movie player I use most of the time.

My only problem is the larger file size for a VCD movie as compared to that which I encoded with WMEncoder. But I have to choose between file size and the cool features of PocketTV like "forward/rewind", "pause", "fullscreen mode", etc.

I choose the latter.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stanford

Any chance of a playlist as I just want one small file to run after another or just select a folder and it plays the contents would be good as I can put them in the order that I want, kind of like how WMP does it.

Great prog BTW

Cheers

Guest The PocketTV Team

What's new:

- PocketTV 0.10.7 fixes an issue when an incoming call arrives while playing video in fullscreen mode.

Guest The PocketTV Team
i am having problems with receiving calls. when i get a call the current file continues to play, the volume decreases slightly but continues, even into a call. do i have to stop the file playing first? obviously this is a bit difficult as the incoming call screen appears (interlaced with the video!)

has anyone else noticed this?  :?

Thanks for reporting this issue. Yes, we have been able to reproduce the problem.

This has been fixed in PocketTV 0.10.7. Please try it and let us know it works better for you.

• 5 months later...
Guest albertcamarillo_ph

can i make my phone into a videocam??? it records still pixs, so can i make it record videos? is there any way to make this work by downloading a software/program??

Guest The PocketTV Team

It would be nice, but the processing power needed to capture and compress video (and audio!) is very high compared to what the processor in the phone is capable of.

I have heard that some phone come with a software can capture very low quality video at very low resolutuin and very low framerate, so it is technically possible to do so, but the quality is very low, so it will not replace a video camera.

Guest sleepnow75

Now that PocketMVP/Divx (whatever) is dead (doesnt support Smartphone 2003 and no plans for future development) - will Pocket TV be including similar features in future versions? It would be nice to play DivX and mpeg2 files in PocketTV.

Guest The PocketTV Team
Now that PocketMVP/Divx (whatever) is dead (doesnt support Smartphone 2003 and no plans for future development) - will Pocket TV be including similar features in future versions?  It would be nice to play DivX and mpeg2 files in PocketTV.

According to the PocketMVP forum, PocketMVP is not dead.

But as you know, PocketMVP is an opensource, non commercial project that will be alive only if people like you contribute time, effort, development time, money (devices) etc. So if you like PocketMVP then you should support the project.

There is no plan to support DivX in PocketTV.

MPEG-2 is only for Interlaced high-resolution Video (DVD), so you probably mean MPEG-4. We'll let you know if we support MPEG-4 some day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest ajb3000

I'm not going to read the hundreds of threads to find out if this has been discussed yet, but I seem to be getting a lot of artifacts in black / dark scenes of my videos. For example, if a scene fades to black, artifacts will remain on the screen, yet when playing the same file on my PC, there are no artifacts. Any workarounds / fixes to this?