> XRick Dangerous v3 < (UPDATE page 5 !!!)

Guest STuFF

Guest NhiKo

Hi all

I just pass the 2 platform level and I've got a savegame. I'll try to post it later :lol: (i don't have the craddle)

I did it 3 times (i died supidly after...), same method:

crouch half in the void

jump to pl1 when i hear the arrow shoot

micro-tiny go right

jump to pl2, without fearing the arrow :D

all a mater of timing... god i almost destroyed the keyboard ! 3 success, but 200 tries i think...

Well, see tou later :lol:

Guest NederSoren

hmm, i know I posted that video, but it really didnt help me neither :?hmm, i know I posted that video, but it really didnt help me neither :?

Guest Richie M
Yep i noticed that :D

No Down+left or right on the compals joystick.

:lol: hehe that'll teach ya :D

Remember its a "development" phone not a "gaming" phone :lol:

So stop playing games on it and get developing :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crimminsky

has anyone sussed the bit with the long platform and the arrow yet? how do I get down withot dying on the spikes? it's doing me head in!!!!!

Guest STuFF

the original author of the win32 port of Xrick told me there is two reported bugs in his version (so its the same for the winCe port) First the blue Gem. Second, there is somewhere in Egypt where it's not possible to do it without cheating... He didn't tell me where exactly, (submap 19, but i dont really know where it is) maybe its there ?

To cheat, juste open the saved file, and add 1 to the second word of the file, u will be "teleported" to the next screen :lol:

could you explain further please stuff. i guess you mean the .dat file thats stored in the same directory as the .exe. i've opened this in notepad and get :

@ SIMES@@@@@ X JAYNE@@@@@ p DANGERSTU@ ˆ KEN@@@@@@@   ROB@N@BOB@ u NEIL@@@@@@ ¸ TELLY@@@@@ ³ NEIL@@@@@@

where would you add 1?

thanks for anyhelp

sorry stuff but i gonna be a pain for a sec ;-) i new to all this. we are talking about the .dat file arent we?

i got no idea what i'm doing with this hexadecimal editor.

Guest STuFF

:lol:

an hexa editor let you edit BYTES in files. You have to edit the Dat file, that's right. When you opened it with notepad, you saw a strange square caratere. That's a value what is not a pure "ascii" value, what's why its not a letter. If you open it with win hex, you will see the values you have to modify.

Hope someone could help you better, I dont have to much time...

cheers i reading the help files that came with it to slowly get an idea of it all.

thanks for your help.

might actually be able to play this game again soon :-)

or maybe not! think i get the idea just not sure what to change. everyone i tried either dint av effect or crashed xrick! i'll leave it to someone who knows about these things i think;-)

Guest NederSoren

Stuff --> could you plz make the cheat file and post it here, so us stuck persons could get through this game.. i have not played it for several weeks because of this.. :?

Guest crimminsky

cheers stuff, I managed to change it using winhex.....I'm now on the next level.

get yourself a copy of winhex and open up the rick.dat file.

under the blue number 2 at the top you will see the number 12, change this to 13, save the file and copy it back to the storagecard.

you are now on the next level. Happy gaming :lol:

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! :lol: :D :lol: :D

heres the file. gues it should work for everyone! :lol: can but try.

edit: eh cant seam to get the .dat file to post. cant figure out y!!!!!

Guest crimminsky

unfortunately there seems to be an error half way up the next level with a block that I just cant get to move. ah well....where did I put that winhex :lol:

Guest crimminsky
edit: eh cant seam to get the .dat file to post. cant figure out y!!!!!

I had the same problem...Mods is there an error with the attachment system?