PocketCandy 1.2 (BETA) (Updated June 7th, See first post)

Guest motbe

Guest MoRFLeZ

Hmmm is anyone else having trouble with the new screensaver!? The toaster one!? It doesn't want to run on my phone at all... :shock:

Guest jmjarvis

I'm having problems getting all of them to run.

When I tried the link on the first page of this thread it locked up my phone completely. Had to remove the battery.

Successfully installed PocketCandy 1.2 by downloading the Matrix screensaver found here:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/screensavers.htm

Changed the registry - no problem.

I get the various screen savers in the list and can configure to my hearts content BUT they simply do not run.

Jas

Guest MoRFLeZ

Try these settings:

Delay: 1

Battery Delay: 1

Load at Startup: Yes

Battery Disable: No

Fullscreen....: No

Programs // Settings // *ponder* the setting where you choose background lightning .. dunno what it's called in English

Background light: 30 seconds (or whatever you prefer)

Screensaver: Again

Should work a treat

Guest jmjarvis

Works a treat 8)

Woo Hoo Hoooooo can you feel the force :oops:

Man I'm old

Thanks. Must say there's only so much you can do @ 5:00am with a newborn on one arm and a wrench to fix a leak in the other.

Time for lunch yet ?

Jas

Guest Saif

toaster don't want to fly on my phone :lol: Keeps telling me access denied....

and after installing it am having to run the daemon program manually to get things going again... hmmmmm

As an aside.... what software are you using to write the screensaver? could u explain the process to a lay man so that he might have a go too???

cheers.

Guest Speedy

He he Morflez

I know it says "Igen" on our danish version, but i seriously believe its a spelling mistake. It should say "Ingen" i think.

So it would be "none" in english and not "again"

Just noticed it now :lol:

Guest motbe

Hmmm.. Strange that the new one won't run. I'll try recompiling again tonight and see if that fixes the problem. This is one of those cases where it decides to work on the emulator (and on my PocketPC) but not on the SmartPhone..

I'll try reposting tonight (have to go see the Matrix Reloaded first though.....)

Guest MoRFLeZ

Well the .dll file seemed to be different (larger this time) - and it cleared up the problem - I got me some MAD flying toasters on my SPV!

I don't know the 'original' version of this one, but some of the toasters seem to be on speed *nod self*.

It's a bit jumpy at times, but I might just have to clear up Task Manager and see it again!

Edited: Nevermind the jumpy bit - it works flawlessly. I had like 10 apps running in the background *innocent blink* Still think some of the toasters need a speedticket tho :lol:

Guest MoRFLeZ

Oh and as someone has already mentioned, if there is a way to keep the backlight on when it sits on the cradle, this app would be perfect!!!

Guest motbe

Yeah, I've been looking into the backlight thing. Sadly, AFAIK there's no global API call I can make to cause the Backlight to turn on or off. It appears to be something that's device specific, which I'm usually hesitant to implement any device specific features (since there are other smartphones on the market, and there will be even more one day).

I'll be looking into it more...

I also need to add a fix for the reminder thing popping up in the Flying Toasters one. So that'll come soon.

Guest jmjarvis

Guys,

I'm left with the problem of not autostarting when the phone is switched on. Everytime I look at the load @ startup setting its set to No.

I've trawled through and found nothing about this other than its being looked at.

Come someone confirm that its either fixed or is still being looked at ?

Thanks

Some great work guys - keep it up. I'll hopefully be trying to give something back when I get chance.

Jas

Guest MoRFLeZ

Just copy the CandyDaemon file and place it in your Start Up menu. That works for me... (just placing a link to the file, doesn't work (for me) - but the whole file works great)

Guest motbe

ok. . I finally got the chance to put fixes in place for the bugs with reminders popping up and the startup issues. I also included another new screensaver. See the first post for more info.

Also, I'm looking into the backlight issue, and possibly putting in the options for timing out the screensaver after a certain amount of time goes by.

Guest jim80b

motbe if the os is the same then specificly changing the reg to get the backlight on will work with all smartphones (well using 2002)

if u store the old value somewhere and overwrite with 99999, then change it back after that would be great.

or even better a standalone app that changes

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelBacklightBatteryTimeout

to 999999 when on AC.

then u wouldnt have to code pocketcandy for spv. only this small app. :wink:

how about u spacemonkey :lol:

Guest Martin@Home

Dont know if this is just a coincidence that it was running pocketcandy at the time or a bug in the software worth reporting but..... I had the "swarm" saver going with the spv in the cradle and the "busy" symbol appeared. It wouldn't let me cancel the saver (keys were unlocked at the time), wouldn't let me power off either so I had to pull the battery. When it booted back up the phone had app-locked itself !

:? :?:

Guest motbe
When it booted back up the phone had app-locked itself !

What's app-locking? (I have no idea since I don't own an SPV)

Martin, when it seemed that none of the phone's keys would dismiss the screensaver, did you try pressing the left soft-key and then # (I think that's the unlock code that people have passed on to me for when your phone is keylocked). I know that others have had a similar issue, and using that key combo dismissed the screensaver.

Guest Martin@Home

Yeah, tried every key and even the "any key". :wink:

App-locked is the out of the box state that all spv's arrive in. Ie if you try and run un-certified software such as your pocketcandy software, you get a message saying "Cant run this, it isn't digitally signed "

Hi motbe,

Unfortunately, I have also seen this problem both with the swarm screensaver and the matrix one. This clock-style "busy" symbol appears and there is absolutely no way to dismiss it without removing the battery. I haven't had my phone re-cert itself because of this though - I suspect that it was just a coincidence for Martin@Home

I've just had a quick look at the source code for the Matrix screensaver and it appears that you are redrawing every 5 milliseconds. This may be a little quick for this little phone - maybe a period of say 20ms would be better. Hopefully tomorrow evening I will manage to build the Matrix screensaver (can't get it to go straight from your source - do you have a SPV specific version?) and then I will experiment and let you know what I find....

Regards,

Hax

Guest motbe

Yeah, it could be redrawing a little too quick for it. I'll update the screensavers you mentioned and slow them down a bit (possibly recode them using GapiDraw, and we won't have that problem).

Are there any other ones that seem to be causing that problem?

Guest JDimeRolla10

I need help.

I've installed the Pocket Candy Screensaver, made the necessary changes to the HOTKEY... but still can't seem to have the screensaver working. What other settings do I need to make (Home Screen, Power Management) so I can make the screensaver appear?

Thanks in advance.