PocketCandy 1.2 (BETA) (Updated June 7th, See first post)

Guest motbe

Guest lonerjam
You have read the whole thread right?  :wink: 

The answer's on the first page  [-X

if youre referring to pressing the soft key and # keypad to unlock the keypad i did it yesterday and it didnt worked. tried it again this morning and it worked at my initial try but after that it didnt work anymore.

I'm working on a different copy of that screensaver, run by GAPI (so it'll run smoother). Potentially that'll solve the problem. We'll see.

I have other things on my plate right now though.. Since I'm working to get the "Screensaver Run Time Limit" and the Backlight options included in PocketCandy (thanks for MoRFLeZ help with it!)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest A.Hughes

Hi everyone...

Just for us not so fast learners......can you please tell me, were i need to put the files for this brill little app.

At the mo i have the exe file in sd card under pocket candy with the screen savers in the screensaver folder,,,,,,but alas,,,nothing happens!!!

It probably is me,,,, i can see the pocket candy on my programs, but when i enter i get or

Soz in advance if i have misread any of the info in this posting.

Best wishes and thanks :)

Guest MoRFLeZ

If you check out the first page of this thread, you'll see that you need to change the Screen Saver Directory Path in Registry Editor.

So install Registry Editor and change the following key:

Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareStrickland ConsultingPocketCandy

Value:

Screen Saver Dir

Data:

IPSMSomething something something

(just change IPSM to Storage Card and it should work...)

I actually couldn't tell you exactly how it works.. When I ported the code from Unix, I didn't really get into the "how it works", I just ported the code.. It looked cool! And thus was one of the reasons I ported it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WhiteMonkey

Hey guys,

Excellent work on the App! I love it!

Two things:-

1) Suggestion for future release: When in docking bay (e.g. powered) could the light stay on? I just love aquarium and it would be sooo soothing. :lol:

2) How does an .scr differ from a regular .exe? I have the SPV SDK and can use it, but really don't have the first clue about making screensavers... any tips? Croccy?

TIA,

WhiteMonkey

1) Suggestion for future release: When in docking bay (e.g. powered) could the light stay on? I just love aquarium and it would be sooo soothing.  :lol:
I'm working on that.. Of course I've been busy lately, so haven't gotten it completed yet, but backlight code is definitely in the works.

2) How does an .scr differ from a regular .exe? I have the SPV SDK and can use it, but really don't have the first clue about making screensavers... any tips? Croccy?

SCR files are really just EXE's renamed to have an SCR extension. You can get a bit more special than that, like, all of the ones I've for the SmartPhone/PocketPC have a /c option that allows you to open up a configuration dialog for the screensaver (the ability to open that dialog on the SmartPhone is coming soon too!). Microsoft defined a few other options too, like a /p preview mode, and others. Generally, I tried to implement the Windows based version on the PocketPC, and that's where PocketCandy came from.

Most screensavers are just eyecandy, and use a single full screen window to draw on. Croccy's work (and some of my newer stuff, including the Winter Snow one) uses GapiDraw to create alot more eyecatching stuff than straight GDI calls (and does it with incredible speed, especially for transparent blits, rotation, alpha blending, and much more). Most of the earlier PocketCandy screensavers use simple GDI to do their work.

Also, there's a library I created that simplifies screensaver development. Or at least makes it so it matches how you might do it on the PC, using the ScrnSave.lib file. Documentation's on Microsoft's site for that. Mine matches it. I've been wanting to revamp it so it'd be easier to use along with GapiDraw, but haven't gotten that far yet..

• 2 months later...
Guest nedge2k

Are there any new screensavers about? Motbe's site has been down for a while so cant check. To my knowledge there are a load that come with it plus aquarium, toasters and matrix. Anymore?

[EDIT] and picture viewer and winter snow. Anymore?

• 2 months later...
Guest Kinsbane

Hi, I've got a Samsung i-600 with Windows Mobile 2002. I recently installed PocketCandy and it works fabulously. One thing I'm curious about, though: After awhile (maybe 20 minutes or so?) the "working pie" graphic comes on the screen, and I don't know why. I'm wondering if motbe can give an explanation for this, maybe?

• 2 months later...
Guest Affini

Does anyone use a SimPad (mine is WinCE.net 4.1)?

I have the 1.1 version and would like to use it with my SimPad and an application called NetRemote (www.netremote.net).

DL'd from ... http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=208

I have found a few bugs... probably only seen on the SimPad since this WinCE unit is a bit different then most... example: no one has found a way to turn off the screen while keeping the unit 'awake'.

Results:

1) Install gives you an error just click past it and it will install fine.

2) 'config' - i have not found a way to close the config pop-up window other then reset of the unit

From looking over things... it seems to use .scr files placed in the Windows folder so if you "run" (click) a .scr it auto-runs the screensaver. Is this assumption correct?

Also, I'm not sure where to DL 1.2 beta from as the links on the first post do not seem to work for me.

thanks for any help!

• 2 months later...
Guest jerome33

who call tell me what is the exact meaning of "Battery Delay" and "Battery Disable" in the Settings?

I installed Pocket Candy and use one screen saver, but my battery only last one night now:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest bobby_uk

hi Motbe,

Nice software but i have tried both the link (for the download of Cab file) inside the forum and both aint working ...

Do u know any other place i can download the file...

regards

Bob

Guest Disco Stu

Bobby; my apologies for not checking this :oops:

This thread may well help you with getting screensavers set up but, for the download cab, go to Airfagev.com - Downloads - open the Quick Downloads tree - Screensavers - Screensavers Package.

Looks like someone has made the whole process a bit easier ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest jinxbeatz

yo... i downloaded and installed pocketcandy 1.2 beta.. and it appeared to install correctly... but the screensavers never kick in.. when i go directly to the matrix.scr file and click it... it kicks in.. and shows tha matrix code perfectly.. my problem is.. i want it to activate on its own.. i shouldnt have to manually click it when i wanna see it... anyone kno what i did wrong or anything? pm me or somthin... i really wanna use this.. its so cool ... thanks in advance to whoever can help