SPV E100 launch

Guest Thurstan

Guest deiwise

Wonder if Orange will be the first, like with the SPV...I hope it can act like a basic but useful digital camera, and easily transfer the images to your PC. Like the little screen on the back too with the time & battery life.

Will

Guest vijay555

Mono, didn't we see the Mitac at the MoDaCo Meet?

[come on people, let's call the Meet: "MoDaCoM"... it's so 1999!]

Found myself daydreaming of the Intel Ref design this morning. Hubba Hubba. (we had a litigation meeting. my mind wandered...)

Mitac: i still don't like clamshells. i had a startac way back when, and although they've got great "beam me up scotty" appeal, i prefer to pull my phone and look at what i need to know.

V

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

OK so maybe the NEC is a little larger (not massively, but it was ages ago i checked).

Think GD87 or GX-10 size...

Guest chauhan_vijay

Hi all

New info that I got from Orange yesterday! June 21st has been set as the launch date, but as with all phones that Orange do, it'll probably be out a few weeks later pricing is to be confirmed between 99.99 - 129.99 like the SPV it'll come with all the gadgets and gizmos in the box.

Vijay

Guest remedy

Any new information when this tanager is going to be on stores in europe and what will be price for it without contract?

I have problem, i would like to get my smartphone as fast as i can but i like tanager design better than spv, so i´m still waiting...

Offtopic : anyone know where is most cheapest spv´s in germany? Can answer pm

Guest nobznss

This may be a dumb question, but I'm an American. :wink: When the Tanager comes out in the UK will you have to sign a contract with Orange to get one, or will you be able to buy one straight out? The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to be there this summer and was thinking about picking one up to replace my SPV. Any ideas?

Guest vijay555

nobznss, as with most phones by orange, you should eventually be able to buy it on a Pay as you go, ie not tied to a repeating contract. that way you can pay an up front (expensive!) price and then take it away with no strings attached..

V

Guest nobznss

So how would you recommend getting one? Should I just get a SMART Tanager or something instead? Is there any downsides to going with SMART or Qtek, etc? I think I'd rather go with Orange, just because I know what I'm doing with them. The other companies, I'm not so sure I do; ie decertifying, etc.

Guest chauhan_vijay

Vijay

I can assure that Orange will not be releasing the likes of the smart phone on pay as you go in the nr future. I mean the 7210s and 6100s are not likely and the 8310 has only just come out and that was on contract a good 2 yrs back.

Vijay

PS I work for Orange

Guest Simon Desser
I can assure that Orange will not be releasing the likes of the smart phone on pay as you go in the nr future.

On Page 38 of the May 2003 Orange brochure, the SPV is listed at £199.99 on Pay as you go :!:

(In fairness it's gone from the June brochure, but it was definitely in the May one)

Guest chauhan_vijay

Ive worked for Orange for 4 years and I am yet to read a brochure that contains all legitimate info.

Orange brochures are always wrong, but yes it was listed, but if u went to a store they were never displayed and we were told to give customers the usual "its a printing error"

Hope this clears things up

Vijay

Guest chauhan_vijay

sure, the word released from operations is in fact a saturday that happens to be my bday 8) the 21st June, Orange are releasing it in the blue and Silver casing.

This date is provisional and I think that it'll be delayed a little later, Orange fones are always delayed! Knowing that comes from my fours years at Orange!

We always get sh*t loads of ppl coming in saying "why are Orange always the last to bring out fones?"

Vijay

This date is provisional and I think that it'll be delayed a little later, Orange fones are always delayed! Knowing that comes from my fours years at Orange!

We always get sh*t loads of ppl coming in saying "why are Orange always the last to bring out fones?"

But surely, as this *is* an Orange phone, not a rebadged Nokia (for example) this date will be fixed?

Besides, it's already been delayed well past the six week launch time announced on the 24th of February! :lol:

Hax

Guest tt5th

After ringing and talking to a few people I heard conflicting stories, some had never heard that Orange were releasing it, others say they had heard it was considered but that it had been binned........ :shock: Surely not?

Guest chauhan_vijay

in response to the last two posts

a) its still not an *Orange* fone sp to speak, its owned by microsoft and only partlly by orange, orange do have the rights to sell it on the orange network though

this explains it being available all over europe

:lol: the fone is in testing and there have been software issues and hence the delays but Orange have put a considerable amount of money into the smartphone so there will definitely b another smartphone

vijay