The Letter Confirms It!!!!!

Guest mattbrown

Guest djthorp
My Bill date is 12th June, and just checked by bill on website and have got the SPV Promo Pack advance charges until 11th July. 

PS: I did receive the letter saying that it was coming to an end at the June Bill. 

Hurrah!!

Turned the Email Synching back to every 30 mins, and can PIE surf for another month...

Same bill date, my synching went back up but my main concern really is being able to use MSN from my bed (yeah I'm lazy and my computer is at least 5ft away from my bed) or when I'm out.

Guest Pagemakers

Orange told me 2 days ago, there was no need to move off the promo bundle. It was on my phone for "life"!!!

I get my bill next week so we'll see.

Bizarre, just phoned Customer Services to see what I am paying. Apparently I have paid £6 on my June bill which means I can use it until 10 July. The guy on the billing time also noted on my account that despite I had a letter like everyong else, there was no end date on the £6 offer. I would be phoned or receive a text message if the promotion ended!

Do you think it is safe to surf at my leisure?

Dan

Guest mattbrown

i received my bill today and indeed does show the promo pack running til july - anyone care to enlightening why this is hapening???

Be careful guys - in the middle of May, I got a letter to tell me my promo pack was to expire at my next billing date (15th of June) so called O's CS at the beginning of June to arrange to move to the PAYG GPRS and was told that my GPRS promo pack had been cancelled from the 31st of May and I had already been switched onto the £4 for 2Meg bundle! :shock:

Nice lady said I could call her and get refunded for any GPRS charges I'd encountered, but I've not been able to check my bill yet - online billing is "unavailable" as usual - wish Orange would sort this out....

Well, been put onto PAYG now and although I've said all along that I don't feel cheated about being shifted to a different bundle that costs more per meg, that still stands, but now I'm just intensely jealous at all you lucky boogas still having unlimited GPRS :evil:

But then again, I didn't really use it that much - so no great loss for me.... Enjoy guys :lol:

Hax

Guest angeleyes

well i'm fed up with the high bills i pay every month, despite my already high talk plan. so i've changed to one of orange's ovp tariffs (an o2 one, which was a better deal for what i wanted). so i asked about my gprs and they said that the orange access pack now works with the spv, so they'll put me on that - it's only £5 or £6 for 10mb!!!! better deal :lol: if it's true and it works.

Guest Simon Desser
so i asked about my gprs and they said that the orange access pack now works with the spv, so they'll put me on that - it's only £5 or £6 for 10mb!!!! better deal  :lol: if it's true and it works.

Isn't the Access Pack just for wap, not full internet :?: Or is this something else? :?

Guest badboy4life

My billing date is the 10th and got my bill today and have been charged till the 9th july. Phoned O and they said its been extended.

Guest Immortalmindz

what i love is orange say when it ends you will be put on a tariff of similar value, well what to happened to that, one minute i pay nothing and now i have to pay, yeah soundz of similar value to me...NOT.

Guest barncourt

OK... It's get better folks! I too received a letter advising me that my promotion pack would expire on the 9th June 2003. I phoned up on the 9th and asked to be transferred to a 7mb Bundle and reduce my Talk Plan to 30 (was 120). Get my new billed dated 10th June and guess what it says:

Talk Time 30 : 10 Jun - 09 Jul 12.77

GPRS Bundle 7 : 10 Jun - 09 Jul 12.77

SPV Promotion Pack : 10 Jun - 09 Jul 5.11

Cool... So now I'm paying for a GPRS Bundle AND the SPV Promotion Pack.... What a cock up!!! :twisted:

I think an irrate call to Orange is called for!!!!!!!

Guest sparks1061

I had the letter stating I was going onto a 2 Meg bundle this month, Got may bill yesterday and it shows the promotional charges until the end of July, Just spoke to a very nice lady on 152 who checked my account and said the expiry date for the promotional package on my account is set to 9999, So in her words,"you'll be on that pakage for as long as you own the phone" :lol: Which is great news, but if O have changed their minds about charging us higer bills you would think they would earn some brownie points by telling everyone!!!!!!

Guest Simon Desser

I've stayed out of this thread, but my theory, is that Orange will continue with the promotion, until they come up with some means of the user checking how much data they have used :?:

I reckon there'll be a GPRS data counter in the next major update, or at least a free number to ring to check your useage, and THEN they'll stop the promotion.

If there's no way of checking your useage, and you're getting heavilly chraged for going over your bundle, then you really have got grounds for moaning. I suspect Orange know this, and would rather wait until they have something in place, rather than have hundreds and hundreds of irate phone calls.

I suspect "the letter confirming it" came out because the Update was due out, and it's now been delayed, so the promotion has continued :?:

This is just my theory :idea:

Guest FrankyG

Sooo....my billing date is TODAY! How has everyone found out if they are still on the £6 unlimited promo? Phone call to 156....on the bill?

I got the letter telling me the promo was to end in June, so fingers crossed that I've still got it active...

Whats more annoying is that I can't use pass through connection at work for MSN, firewall issues I think..bummer. It was so good using remote control with MSN, no way the boss suspected anything :lol:

FrankyG

Guest James
Sooo....my billing date is TODAY! How has everyone found out if they are still on the £6 unlimited promo?

Looked on my account on the orange site and looked at my bill on there.

Guest Charlie Mouse

I just phoned 156 and asked when my promotion pack runs out and the guy looked at the date I bought the phone, added six months to that and said it ran out last month.

I told him it had definitely been extended until the end of June and asked him to actually have a look on the system and he said...

'oh, would you look at that! You got it for life! It says here it expires Dec 9999. Well, I've learnt something today!'

Looks like I can start using GPRS again then :lol:

Guest FrankyG

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

You can guess.....

Call to 156; 'Ahh, there's no expiry date on your promo pack. Orange will be migrating users onto a standard bundle over time, I can do that for you now if you wa...' STOP RIGHT THERE MISTER :!:

So, although you may have had the letter stating the promo pack will end on your June bill date, that may not be true in all cases. My Bill will be online tomorrow, It'll be interesting to see what it says.

:wink:

FrankyG

I really hope they don't welch on the deal that if you're charged for the spv promo, you get charged for gprs too!

GPRSdata Summary

Inclusive megabytes used 44.1897

Total megabytes 44.1897

Will