So I fitted my new Geforce 4 and ran 3dmark..........

Guest Martin@Home

Guest Martin@Home

One more thing that struck me was that it is a 4XAGP card but I cant find any setting for this in the Bios. Would a Bios flash solve this ? or have I just got a crappy motherboard with bad AGP support !

I have my Hard drive partitioned into 4 drives so a format wouldn't be that much of a pain in the arse if all else fails cos I can back up all me stuff onto the other drives and just format the boot drive.

Aren't computers cool when they are working right ! :roll:

Guest Brody

JLOWAP:

U ever use Microstation J or I-DEAS??

They're CAD packages, I know McLaren use I-DEAS as do Ford and its sister companies (Jaguar, Aston Martin etc)

Guest Shuflie

I had ordered a Sapphire Radeon 9500pro from simply computer. Well, after about a weeks wait a package popped onto my desk at work. I thought "Great, that'll be my new Radeon 9500pro card" Ripped open the package to discover a bl**dy 9600pro instead. After a few calls to simply it turns out that they have been expecting a delivery of the 9500pro cards for the last two weeks but the guy I was talking to didn't think that they'd show up at all. Decided to try out the 9600pro and its not bad at all, after a bit of overclocking that is. Here's a link to my 3DMark03 score, a bit short of a 9700 or 9800 but it'll do for me.

(edit: just managed the highest 9600pro 3Dmark03 (4127), don't know how long it'll last for but I'm the top for now 8) :lol: )

Guest chocobogo

I;ve got a GF4 ti4200 on a P4 2.2GHz/512RDRAM sytem and I get 12000 on 3dMark 2001SE, my mates got a new GFFx 5600 Ultra and he cant get anywhere near that!! but the Fx cards are awesome.. you should see DoomIII on the Fx compared to my Ti!!! it rulez

Guest Shuflie
Hope you had someting knocked off the price for the hassle :?

Unfortunately not, but the price for the 9500pro was about £5 less than the price of a 9600pro from sapphire on Dabs.com, at least they don't expect me to pay the difference.

Guest Martin@Home
Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest past a full format (bit excessive)

Is there a good chance that a format may solve the problem ?

Guest Big Ron - No Longer a Mem

Someone in the above listed their specs as "256meg of DDR RAM". You're spending cash on a minor videocard upgrade when you've got 256meg of RAM? Must be CRAZY. Up the RAM to 512meg and try benchmarking the system again. NOTHING affects performance quite like bringtiing the amount of RAM up to a sensible amount. PCW ran a simple test a couple of issues back - they prepared an A3 Word document as a mosaic of 13 JPG files from a 3 megapixel digital camera. The pressed the "print" key - and the "run" button on a stopwatch at the same time. When the printer stirred into action (because the file had been translated into HPCL or whatever) they stopped the clock. With 128 megabytes of RAM, the test took something like 550 seconds. With 512meg it took around 15 seconds. Same file, same (P4) computer... more RAM. ONLY difference. No matter HOW fast a hard drive you've got, "virtual" memory is inevitably going to be slower than RAM. The more RAM you've got, the less stuff needs to get swapped to your hard drive. Result, BIG differences in performance. MUCH bigger than piddling around with slightly different SVGA cards will make - and for less cash.